12th Reconnaisance group
From The Urban Dead Wiki
|12th Reconnaissance Group|
|Goals:||Scouting and Hunting Zombies|
|Recruitment Policy:||Humans, Anyone who believes in the cause|
The group of zombies meander through the shattered neighborhood, finishing off all survivors in their path. Little do they know, not all in that godforsaken neighborhood are dead. A few sets of eyes are watching the zombies and their macabre feast. A zombie looks in the direction of the eyes, but nothing is there anymore. Twenty minutes later, those same sets of eyes report to a nearby hunter killer group. The zombies shall not last the night......
--Raynor16 00:41, 10 September 2007 (BST)
What is the 12th Recon?
The 12th Reconnaissance Group, 12th Recon for short, is a mobile scout group that gathers intelligence on zombie numbers and break ins in whatever area they happen to be working in. The 12th Recon also will utilize that information for its own attacks and coordination with its allies in the region. Because the 12th Recon is a mobile group, it is also willing to accept contracts from other groups to scout out areas, support ongoing operations in a region, or even to set up the place for an attack.
Log onto the forums and submit your application. Someone will be there to work with you from that point on to get to our position. Odds are that if you apply, you will get accepted and put into a squad quickly. Any survivor of any level is welcome to apply. If you are less than level 10, we will set you up with a mentor who will be responsible for getting you set up and ready for survival. If you are higher than level 10, expect to be onto a squad quickly and thrown into the action. New members will receive a quick course on our policies as well before they are expected to deploy out into the field. Positions at both the squad and HQ level are open, and we have several squads that fulfill a variety of roles. If you play UD, expect to find a squad, or a position within one, with us that will best fit your needs.
ODB Team: HQ/Support/Initial Training unit
ODA Alpha: Primary Offensive Unit
ODA Bravo: Secondary Offensive Unit
ODA Charlie: Field Security/Cadre Unit
ODA Delta: Field Intelligence/Recon Unit
ODA Echo: Support/Logistics Unit
ODA Foxtrot: Tertiary Offensive Unit
ODA Gamma: Bounty Hunting Unit
Positions can be found in all of these units. If the squad isn't active at the moment, volunteer and get it rolling! The 12th Recon has a place for any member.
An overview of the ranks
As a Recruit:
- You will have a mentor to in charge of getting you leveled
- Have the benefits of having a group around to help keep you alive and getting that XP
- Personalized Training: Each recruit gets a mentor, dedicated to helping you survive in the field
- Having the benefit of having experienced members around to watch your back during the early days
As an ODA Member
- Expect to be involved in operations that may take you across the entire city of Malton
- Enjoying the benefits of having a squad of guys that will be there from the beginning of day one to watch your back
- Low level management. Each ODA is assigned an overall objective during an operation. You get it done your way.
- Experienced Officers will coordinate the movements of not only your ODA, but all the others.
- Metagaming. We have a forum that will help keep you in the know on both your orders and the intelligence on the region as it gets in.
- Room for promotion. Each ODA has a Captain that is in charge of running the group. With so many ODAs open, the chance to run your own is quite possible. Even within your own ODA, promotions are not unheard of for good work and effort.
As an ODB Member
- If you are good at supporting and planning operations, then look no further than the ODB team.
- The ODB team is responsible for setting up and supporting every operation that an ODA does.
- Mentoring. A lot of the mentors for recruits can be found here. The ODB team is composed of some of the best planners and survivors in Malton.
- The ODB team might be the HQ team, but still expect to be seeing action, even on the homefront.
- Got a high level profile that you don't play too hard with? The ODB team has need for experienced players that don't necessarily play too much, but are willing to metagame extensively.
Zerging: Because this is obviously a desperation and a cheater's tactic, the leadership of this group is firmly against zerging.
Hacking: Hacking is for the weak of will and poor of skill. We are firmly against hackers and all of their ilk.
Bots: With the possible exception of the UDTool add-on, bots are, like hacking, for the weak of will and poor of skill.
Group CO: raynor16
Group XO: crow114
Company Tactical Officer: choking hazard
Assistant Tactical Officer: Honkerz
Group Liaison: raynor16
12th Recon Command Net
|Short-wave Radio Info|
|This group or location has a dedicated radio frequency.
Frequency: 26.42 MHz
For speaking with the 12th Recon for any reason, please visit their forum at .
| Undead? Want to breathe again?|
Make a Revivification Request!
|Sacred Ground Policy Supporter|
|This user supports the Sacred Ground Policy.|
|This User supports the Uniform Barricading Policy.|
|Malton Department of Defense|
|This User or Group is affiliated with the Malton Department of Defense. They fully support the destruction of all zombie unlife in Malton.|
|Battle of Giddings|
|This user or group was among the living that fought honorably against the Big Bash 2 in the one month long Battle of Giddings.|
|This user, group, building, or area is part of the Alliance of Fort Creedy.|
|This User or Group eats at McZeds™. They also support the Use of Corpses for High Quality Processed Fast Food.|
|This user is part of ongoing the armed struggle in the streets of Malton and will fight the enemies of the people until the revolution is achieved.|
|This user or group hates fascists and will do everything in their power to feed them to the zombies.|