5th of November/2012
Ever since the very first Battle of Blackmore in the Summer of 2006, the Blackmore has taken a monumental place in the history of Malton. The Second Battle of Blackmore ushered in a new tradition for all of Malton, both breathing and undead: each year on the 5th of November, hordes of survivors and zombies converge on the most central NetroTech facility in the entire city, the Blackmore Building. 6 years after Ron Burgundy lead the Channel 4 News Team into the building, two giants once again face off against each other: a coalition of survivors, spearheaded by the DEM, Army Control Corps and Knights Templar on one side, the seemingly immortal Ridleybank Resistance Front on the other side, defending their homeland.
This year, upwards of 90 survivors braved the fog and trekked to Blackmore for glorious battle against ~150 zombies. Both sides had points to prove. What will be the outcome? Brass balls for the Survivors, or brain platters for the Undead?
Participating? Great! Just post your group below.
- Department of Emergency Management (DEM)
- Knights Templar
- Skynet Defense Network (SDN)
- Dunell Hills Police Department (DHPD)
- Army Control Corps (ACC)
- The Fortress
- Malton Restoration Society (MRS)
- Malton Department of Defense (MDD)
- The Burchell Arms Regulars (BAR)
- Militaires Sans Frontières
- Channel 4 News Team
- Sword of Damocles
- Chidley Row Fire Crew
- DSS Red Zone Support
- I'll be there! --Klexur 01:28, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
- Wouldn't miss it for the world ;) :) PB&J 11:29, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
- To Blackmore! -Charles Whipplebotum 19:01, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
- One more organ donor! --Str1deR 17:22, 3 November 2012 (UTC)
- I am there!--Dr Mycroft Chris 12:22, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
- Me too, let's hold the line as long as we can - --RennisZotorman New Emergency Medical Service 12:39, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
- shooting fish in a barrel --Your Own Guilt 12:54, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
- I'm there and delicious. -- Org XIII Alts 22:17, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
- Praise Rando. James Slimm 23:04, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
The people on the list below were spotted in or around the Blackmore Building, be it dead, alive or anything in between.
- Lt Alfred
- Andy Bauer
- Bob Dwayne
- Information Minister
- the local vicar
- Big JD
- Kevin Langham
- Nurse Fox
- Doctor Feelwell
- Luis Manuel Valdes
- Mark Zuckerburgh
- Det Briscoe
- Nurse Naughtyness
- Nurse Venagbean
- Abe Brown
- Eddie the Cop
- Dave Cameron
Timeline of Events
Several months before the infamous date, DEM members Charles Whipplebotum and Johnny Twotoes suggest the idea of "reviving" the famous Battle of Blackmore days with a massive attack. It'll take until October 9th, before the rest of the group starts paying attention to the idea. Robbie McGregor launches an inspiring speech, while Rennis Zotorman quickly finds common ground with other survivor groups, such as the Army Control Corps, the Dunell Hills Police Department and the Knights Templar.
On Saturday November 3rd, 2012, survivors of the ACC and Knights Templar occupied the Blackmore Building. While originally, the strike was planned for the 5th, as per tradition, several members of the above groups saw an early window of opportunity in the absence of the RRF and cleared, repaired and barricaded the building. By the end of the day, several dozen survivors had found their way into the building already, using makeshift bridges between the (in)famous NecroTech facility and the neighboring ruins. The DEM had joined their allies inside, as had members of several other survivor groups, such as the Channel 4 News Team, the Skynet Defense Network and the Fortress. NecroWatch technician Dr Mycroft Chris used the NecroTech equipment to scan the surrounding area for the first time since June, only to reveal over 60 undead roaming the streets.
The next day, the ranks inside the Blackmore rose to about 70, with a couple dozen other survivors trying to capture and repair several buildings in the vicinity of the Blackmore as well. About 16 different survivors group had committed members to the strike by this point. But not only the survivors had found reinforcements: before the day would end, around 30 zombies would converge around the Blackmore Building, with another 30-50 roaming the streets and ruins in the immediate vicinity. That same Sunday evening Rosslessness described the situation as follows: The place looks ridiculously repaired. Shortly thereafter he lead a first succesfull intrusion into the Blackmore Building, although the present survivors managed to expell the undead visitors within minutes. While the survivors managed to keep their ground against the undead, several fell victim to the blades and bullets of PKers. This eventually lead to the death of James Slimm, who was tagged as being a known PKer, but afterwards stated that he would have defended the building, according to his religion, but saw himself joining the undead horde outside instead.
All communication will be done via the Brainstock forums, in the thread for all participating players and organizations. Want to join in the effort? Apply for diplomat status!
Looking for a revival? Ask for a revival on the DEM revive manager.
- Final orders will be distributed soon, nobody act before their turn, do as we agreed on and what you've learnt, and we WILL make this a memorable day to bellyflop in the mud with our guts out! - A DEM Academy Instructor adressing his students, Nov. 1, 2012.
- Saddle up chaps, we know where we're going. Get in there, kick the zeds out with guns, cade and meatshield. That's the plan, stick to it. Good luck! ACC 2nd Lt. Nick Self addressing his troops, Nov. 3, 2012.
- RIP winka, Blackmore is our gift to you. - Unknown Author, spraypainted in the Blackmore Building, Nov. 3, 2012
- Reports show 20 zeds outside. *strikes Ned Stark pose* Brace yourself, breakins are coming. Wayson, Knight Templar, inside the Blackmore Building, 4 November 2012
- The place looks ridiculously repaired. Rosslessness, while discussing the event, 4 November 2012
- I have prayed feverently to Rando, her will is clear. I shall defend Blackmore until my dying breath. And in death, I will follow my instincts. On which side will you have me standing, defenders of Blackmore? James Slimm, 15A, 4 November 2012
- There is no greater shame than claiming victory where none was earned. - Johnny Twotoes, MPD Inspector, in reaction to victory claims on the Brainstock forum, 7 November, 2012
On the 5th of November, we will march on the choked heart of Malton and liberate it anew. Victory will be ours, and with it, vengeance! We will rise up against the villainous undead in Ridleybank.
There is a black plague, a viral infection in our fair city. I'm sure many of you realise, having run the gauntlet of unbridled terror that the fair laneways and ambling footpaths of our mighty city have become. There was a time when peace and harmony were not besmirched by the fetid stench of the rotting and unctuous epidermis of who were once the decent living. Now that time has passed. Malton has long been an industrious city of good people willing to strive for good things. Hopefully I'm not sounding too trite, but my brothers and sisters, our town is now a strangled phantom of what it once was. As I have alluded, there is an infection and right now the heart of our city is rife with it. Ridleybank is the vascular organ to which I speak, and the time has come for a cleansing!
If we are to truly stand up as the proud humans we are, we must quash with sure fists and iron will the abominations which threaten our existance. Our governments have deserted us, quarantined us and left us for dead. I say we shall not let the carrion birds of both air and land consume us! I say we strike at the befouled heart of our city, the heart which the undead have made their homeland. Ridleybank beats not, but with the concerted strength of an army it shall be cleansed and beat again! We will converge on Ridleybank and take back what we have lost. Blight the scourge from our soils, shatter their skulls and destroy their armies! Together we will stand victorious.
We may not be able to hold Ridleybank indefinitely, but our victory can stand as a symbol. Just as the valiant victories at Caiger Mall cast a shadow over the zombie populace, their defeat at Ridleybank can stand as another survivour triumph! A symbol that screams, 'Homo Sapien shall not lie down!' So remember, remember the 5th of November. Stock up on your ammunition, build your skills. On the 5th we shall invade, nay recapture what is rightfully ours. There is no element of surprise, as if we are bold enough, our force will prove boundless. If the enemy draws himself to his full height, on that day shall the fullest of our mettle be tested.
I beseech you, nay beg of you to attack at Ridleybank on the 5th of November. No set time, just a set day. Spread the word and bring your fight and freedom to the heart of Malton!
The 5th of November is approaching and it is time to converge on Ridleybank. Our main target will be the Blackmore Bldg - the home of the RRF. So, load up and prepare for the fight.
-- Robbie McGregor, Chairman of the DEM, 9 October, 2012
Below you can find a gallery of status report maps of the greater Ridleybank area of the time frame of the 2012 5th of November strike.
To show your support of the 5th of November invasion of Ridleybank, put one of these templates in your wiki profile: