Ackland Auto Repair

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Mall-safe-small.jpg

Ackland Auto Repair
VHB, lights are on
Danger Updater MDUDC 17:47, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
Ackland Auto Repair

Wyke Hills [51,94]

Fean Avenue Craddock Road the Craigie Building
McCormack Way Ackland Auto Repair a junkyard
Prentice Road the Hetherington Monument the Huddy Museum

Basic Info:

  • Auto Repair shops have no internal descriptions.
  • Auto Repairs can be barricaded normally.

Description

History

In 1909, businessman Howard Ackland built this auto repair shop in the place of what was once an orchard. It stayed in the Ackland family until 1943.

In 1985, William Shepherd, owner of Shepherd Auto and the scrapyard still adjacent to this facility, sold the latter on the public market. This proved to be a fatal error. The manager of Shepherd Auto soon quit his job and purchased the old Ackland Auto Repair. He completely remodeled the outdated building and relaunched the business amid a flurry of local advertising. With affordable administration space in the Ryles Building and an ample supply of damaged or destroyed cars from the now neutral scrapyard next door, it was a breakout success.

Shepherd Auto almost immediately began to lose money, and closed in 1988. Marston Auto, the only other local competitor, managed to maintain the same modest profit it had always managed. They shifted away from rebuilding and reselling cars that had been badly damaged, and focused mainly on routine maintenance, while Ackland did the opposite. This essentially split the two remaining auto shops into two different fields, enabling them each to monopolize over their own.

Barricade Policy

EHB to protect the fuel, and to discourage rookies from looking for it rather than training.

Current Status


Zamgrh.PNG Translation
In zamgrh, this location is known as Aghgraang Garhbarn.
Personal tools
advertisements