Adalbert General Hospital (Wykewood)
|Adalbert General Hospital|
|Adalbert General Hospital
Adalbert General Hospital, one of the city's psychiatric hospitals, is currently maintained by Josephine's Generals, and anyone wishing to enter may, as it is in most cases be maintained at very strongly barricaded under the Wykewood Barricade Plan. The nearest NecroTech installation is the Delay Building in the suburb of Nixbank.
Named after noted Austrian psychiatrist Adalbert Kopfschrinker, the Adalbert was built in the 1800s to cater for the embarrassingly large numbers of upper-class 'eccentrics' who populated Wykewood. Their relatives were finding it increasingly difficult to find enough attic rooms, coal cellars and yellow wallpaper to cater for their inbred family members, and the idea of a private mental hospital was hit upon as the answer. Constructed by the Malton Association for Deranged Menfolk, Eccentrics and Naifs, the Adalbert's elegant wards were soon full of smartly dressed loons posing as Napoleon, Genghis Khan and Madame Pompadour.
Post-outbreak, the hospital continues to cater for locals suffering from mental illnesses.
"Deserted after... some kind of catastrophe... I've heard stories of the incident, most are wild rumours about hordes of zombies and raging fires... Now that part of the city is walled off and no one's allowed to go in... Not that many people would dare to in the first place..." - 'Garret'
According to Wykewood Barricade Plan this hospital serves as an entry point and therefore should be maintained at Very Strongly Barricaded allowing survivors without Free Running Skill access to proper medical attention.
By all means avoid Over Barricading. Adalbert General Hospital can be used as an entryway to the better barricaded Josephine General Hospital (located one block west).
- - threeballs johnson said "I'm infected. Can I get healed please?" (32 minutes ago)
- - a very lazy Cuthbert said "Arh this hospital lacks pieces of art to be more heart lifting... Threeballs, that's gonna make a nice display stand for my sculpture! One ball is too shaggy, two balls still not stable, but three balls is just perfect." (21 minutes ago)
- - a very lazy Cuthbert killed threeballs johnson with a length of pipe. (20 minutes ago)
- - a very lazy Cuthbert installed a cracked sculpture in the building. (19 minutes ago)
- - a very lazy Cuthbert said "Feels so much inviting all of a sudden! It's just about details, but it really changes one's life!" (18 minutes ago)