From The Urban Dead Wiki
|This historical group is no longer active. However, its wiki page is preserved to reflect the group's significance in Urban Dead history. Please do not edit this page without good reason.|
|Group Numbers:||35+ (active)|
|Leadership:||Galadorn (first among equals)|
|Goals:||Destruction of zombies with axes and other melee weapons (see main text)|
|Recruitment Policy:||Humans that use melee weapons and have no firearm skills|
Historical Significance Section
Axes High is a human group that is dedicated to killing zombies exclusively with melee weapons. They recruit survivors that have only ever used melee weapons (primarily the fire axe); this policy led to the schism that formed The Head Hunters.
Axes High membership consists mainly of firefighters, but also includes some scientists and even the odd military scout. The prime directives of AH are the rescue and protection of survivors, the destruction or revivification of zombies, and mutual defense of fellow members from both the zombie menace and PKers. In pursuit of these goals, AH members may act as warriors, healers, scouts and safehouse builders.
Axes High has called the suburb of Barrville home since their successful occupation and evacuation of Floyde Stadium in October of 2005. Only now, in December of 2005, have they decided to make their presence in the suburb official.
"Malton is damned. Death walks our streets, our sidewalks, in our homes and shops. Our families are dead. Or worse. We want payback, and we do it old school. With our fists, our boots, lead pipes and axes. We are firemen, we are medics... we're your next door neighbor.
A month ago we wept over spilt milk...
...now we're carved out of stone.
We are ...AXES HIGH."
Zombies destroyed: 645+
Survivors revived: 177+
|Sacred Ground Policy Supporter|
|This user or group supports the Sacred Ground Policy and acknowledges that all Cemeteries in the city of Malton are considered Revivification Points.|
- October 23, 2005 - This date saw the successful conclusion of Axes High's first major campaign, the occupation and defense of Floyde Stadium. For more than 2 weeks they were able to successfully repel near constant incursions into the stadium by a large group of zombies, later tentatively identified as the Church of the Resurrection based on scattered information available at the time. When news of an impending attack on the entire suburb of Barrville by elements of the Ridleybank Resistance Front and the Undying Scourge was discovered, as well as anticipating the overdue modification to the in-game mechanics governing movement within large buildings, the decision was made to move to a more defensible location. Prior to the move to a more active defensive position, Axes High encouraged those survivors who were then staying in Floyde Stadium to find an alternate shelter before the zombie hordes arrived. It is estimated that between 15 and 20 non-aligned survivors were saved from the predations of the Ridleybank Resistance Front and the Undying Scourge as a direct result of this strategic withdrawal.
- February 6, 2006 - In a devastating attack on the stronghold of Axes High by The Ridleybank Resistance Front, much of the Axes High membership was killed in a single attack. Sadly, some of those who fell in combat had just returned from other parts of Malton shortly after answering the call to defend Barrville at all costs. The RRF won this battle. They have not won the war.
- March 15, 2006 - Axes High is still resident within their self-proclaimed home of Barrville and are still taking the fight to the zombie incursions. Their efforts have been heartened by the recent return of one of their members, Maggy Smith, who was missing in action for more than a month and a half. Maggy Smith, as always, can be found offering support to those that need it most.
- April 12, 2006 - Axes High, in the face of increasing pro-zombie vandalism in their home suburb of Barrville, decides that the best way to solve this intolerable situation (and get some fresh air) is to hold a tagging contest throughout the whole of the suburb...
- April 24, 2006 - Mason Wells, a long time member of Axes High, conducts a survey of the suburb of Barrville. Sadly there is little to report other than death and destruction on a massively widespread scale.
- August 18, 2006 - Axes High, Continues to support its chosen suburb of Barrville with dedication.
- November 29 2006- Rumors float about the city that Axes High has left the great city of Malton. I can tell you it is true many have left many more have been lost in the piles of Rotters and bodies. However some still persist fight for you the citizens of Malton. Axes High, Still Swinging.
Honour Board of the Glorious Fallen
Here you will find inscribed the names of those of Axes High who died, never to rise again, in the continuing defence of Malton.
Tenk (Died October 17, 2005) - Truly first among equals, whose call to arms we heard from far and wide.
Wild Fury (Died October 19, 2005) - Her actions were a shining beacon to us all.
Sleetch (Died October 26, 2005) - His dedication, courage and drive will be sorely missed.
MrWendel (Died October 31, 2005) - Heroes are defined by their actions, MrWendel was defined by his.
Full Charge (Died November 10, 2005) - Taken from us too soon, he was too beautiful for this world.
Palomies Jorma (Died February 6, 2006) - Many of us fell in Barrville on this fateful day. Sadly, Palomies did not rise from the ranks of the fallen. So now we rise and share his load.
Do not weep for those who lie still forever more; their actions in life guide us still and their sacrifice in death inspire us always.