B.A.D. Buccaneers & Desperados
From The Urban Dead Wiki
|Buccaneers & Desperados|
|Group Numbers:||4 but recruiting|
|Leadership:||Dread Pirate Pete|
|Goals:||To bring Piracy and good times back to Malton (and Monroeville)|
|Recruitment Policy:||Open to anyone except PKers, GKers|
|Contact:||email@example.com or through the B.A.D. message Page|
Hello from Dread Pirate Pete and all of B.A.D. Thankyou for visiting this page. And now the intro.
Buccaneers & Desperados is an established group in Malton (although the group is represented in other games, i.e. Guild Wars, battlefield 2142, vendetta 1923, ogame and others). Their goal is simple to survive, to help other survivors and have fun. After all if you can’t laugh during the zombie apocalypse when can you laugh? also we want to take over the world.
At the moment the group has no base of operations, we just move to where our combat or reving skills are needed.
We have been described as 'roving Gentlemen of Fortune' (thanks Pavluk).
This group dose not like PKers of GKers, and any graffiti sprayed by a member should be either funny or informative or advertising the group (ie dont just spam usless junk).
You can have all of your alts in this group if you desire but they can not be in the same place (i.e. zerging). It is frobidden for your alts to meet.
- Dread Pirate Pete - Lvl 41 Scientist - Started Urban Dead: 2006-01-31 12:53:24 - Member
- Steve McFarnickle - Lvl 41 Scientist - Started Urban Dead: 2005-11-06 15:44:18 - ALT - honorary member
- Bill the Fairly Evil - Lvl 41 Civilian - Started Urban Dead: 2005-10-30 14:31:27 - ALT - honorary member
- Sarge'n'Griff - Lvl 41 Military - Started urban Dead: 2007-08-19 16:04:06 - Member
- One Eyed Jake - Lvl 34 Scientist - Started Urban Dead: 2007-08-12 16:42:26 - ALT - Former Member of THC/E.N.D. - Now with The Saints
- hydro219 - Lvl 1 Military - Started Urban Dead: 2008-02-14 04:47:18 - Member - Missing Presumed Zed
- Zombie Slut Killer - Lvl 38 - Started Urban Dead: 2007-10-04 01:31:23 - Ex Member Fromerly with Cannonball Crew now with alcoholics anonymous
If you are interested in becoming a member of the group please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the message page on this wiki.
|Evil Never Dies|
|This user supports E.N.D. in their quest to bring life and hope to Malton.|
Buttonville Anti-Zombie Defense and Medical Unit - Frequency: 27.50 MHz
|B.A.D. is an ally of the DEM|
|Zerg Hunters Unlimited|
|B.A.D. Buccaneers & Desperados supports the Zerg Hunters Unlimited in their fair and quick extermination of multi-character abusers!|
We are happy to ally with any non Pker or Zed group, since we roam about a good bit in the city we are happy to help any group whenever we are near. If you or your group are interested in becoming our allies please e-mail us at email@example.com
Do Not Be On This List
MrPlow - No longer active.
JoeyPants4 - (He ruthlessly PK'd Jill Monroe)- Monroeville
An Average Joe Cop - (PKed Evil Mr Monk for this he must DIE!) - Monroeville
MrLaze - (PKed The Eternal Mook in a fair fight, being only 12 levels ahead) - Monroeville
- Do not PK without cause (i.e. you can kill PKers, malicious GKers and Zed Spies)
- Do not revive any of our enemies
- Never GK unless the Generator is just set up in a usless place and is likly to draw Zed attacks to survivors
- Follow any orders from the group leader (Dread Pirate Pete) He is the King
- Help out humans whenever possible (i.e. heal injured, baracade and repair buildings, etc)
- keep humans up to date on any Zed, PK or Gk activity you have seen in their area
- Respect Sacred ground, churches and graveyards are Revive points
- Clear any Brain Rot zombies out of Sacred grounds and Revive Points
- Don't Grief or Spam because that just sucks
- Don't attack any ally or member of B.A.D.
Please place any revive requests on the B.A.D. message page.(That includes for members).
This section is to help those who are new to the game.
First off if you want a harder time your first few weeks play as a civilian, they do not start with any really useful skills. The civilian jobs make a great difference, for example the fireman is a good class to play, as they are good with an axe, one of the best weapons in the game once you are proficient, in terms of dmg caused, chance to hit and the fact that there is no ammo required. My personal choice is the Necrotech employee Doctor. So long as you can find a good working NT building to stay in there will almost always be plenty of Zeds around to DNA extract and Revive, this is a great way to accumulate XP.
Generators are only useful in buildings that contain useful items, buildings such as Necro Tech labs, Police & Fire stations, Hospitals and posibly Factories and Auto shops. In other buildings they are just a liability because the lights will draw Zombies to the location and get you attacked.
Some info on skills now. There are human skills and Zed skills. For a human player you should concentrate on human skills even if you die because they are more useful generally when alive (although many Zed skills that carry over are useful as well) and if you have Zed skills some groups will not trust you.
When starting out certain skills are basic essentials for all survivors. These are:
- Free Running (Can move between adjacent buildings without stepping outside).
- Construction (Player is able to barricade buildings).
Get these ASAP!
Other skills that I find useful are:
- NecroTech Employment (Player is able to operate DNA Extractors, and can identify NecroTech offices from the street).
- Lab Experience (Can recognise and operate basic-level NecroTech equipment).
These let you rev zeds and are extreamly useful.
As for combat skills my advice is to get yourself a fire axe (from fire stations) then get:
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (+15% to melee attacks).
- Axe Proficiency (An extra +15% when attacking with an axe).
this should see you through most basic fights. Pool cues are also good to sart off with as they have a base accuracy of 25%. (Although for serious fighting you really need firearm skills).
Now a word on the vocabulary of Malton. There are many terms used by players that you have to learn to get the best from the game and anything that a player says.
- Zed - Zombie (Not Zee as some Yanks seem to think, its just wrong guys).
- Rev - Revive
- PK - Player kill
- PKer - Player killer
- GK - Generator kill
- GKer - Generator killer
- Cade - Barricade
- VSB - Very Strongly Barricaded (The highest barricade before survivors can’t enter).
- EHB - Extreamly Heavily Barricaded (The highest level of Barricaded).
- Alt - a second character played by the same person, it is perfectly ok to have alt characters so long as they never meet in game, it is best to make sure they are never even in the same neighbourhood.
- Zerg/Zerging - this is when you use alt characters together to perform acts, this is against the rules of Urban Dead.
- NT - NecroTech Building
- PD - Police station
- ZedSpy - this is a term to describe those unscrupulous lowlifes who use their living characters for the aid of Zeds, i.e. coming into a Barricaded building and destroying the Generator etc. or useing spray cans to tag a building for attack.
- CR - Combat Revive, this is not necessarily a bad thing to do and any zed who complains is just a whiny little punk. Best bet is to look at a Zeds profile when you scan them and see if it would be a good idea to rev them, or if they are likly to be whiny gits about it.
see also First Day Guide
|Population of Malton|
Survivors: 1997 (57%)
Last updated 07:26, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
For a more detailed map click here 
Monroeville is the new urban dead city launched on February 25th, 2008 to celebrate the new George A. Romero movie Diary of the Dead.
The new city plays much the same as Malton with a few differences.
In Monroeville there are no necrotech buildings so when you die thats you a Zed for life (so to speak).
The main object is to get a video camera and to survive whyle documenting interesting things.
I have now set up our Monroeville branch. Feel free to play there.
Monroeville is now becoming a desperate fight for survival, not only do dead players remain zombies but head shots now kill zombies permanantly, and no more characters can be created. Who will survive?
- Evil Mr Monk - Lvl 12 Military - Started Urban Dead: 2008-02-26 10:07:11 - Monroeville Member - DECEASED - PKed by the scumsucking worm An Average Joe Cop - 2008-05-09
- Jill Monroe - Lvl 5 Civilian - Started Urban Dead: 2008-02-26 18:52:08 - Monroeville Member - DECEASED - PKed by the lothesome dog JoeyPants4 - 2008-04-30 - Zed Headshot. R.I.P.
- The Eternal Mook - Lvl 2 Military - Started Urban Dead: 2008-03-09 19:19:42 - Monroeville Member - DECEASED - PKed by The Butt Loving Swine MrLaze - 2008-05-14
- 1st Sgt Pete - Lvl 1 Civilian - Started Urban Dead: 2008-06-15 02:35:25 - Monroeville Member - DECEASED - Wasted by a mob of 12 Zeds - 2008-06-26
- Mook Fiend - Lvl 1 Civilian -Started Urban Dead: 2008-06-26 15:56:43 - Monroeville Member - DECEASED - Caught by 3 Zeds in an abandoned office - 2009-01-03
Well thats pretty much it for Monroeville for B.A.D. as far as survivours go. A sad day indeed - 2008-05-15 :(
You will no doubt be happy to hear that all three of these PKing tramps where killed and headshot before the end of May 2008. :D Reap what you sow scum.
Zeds dead baby. B.A.D. killed him... an understandable mistake given his name.
A thought occurs to me. If ever the Zombie holocaust ends in Malton anyone who had life insurance will be very rich as the will have died hundreds of times, so within the duration of the policy they will have died quite a lot and could be looking at millions of £ when they escape from Malton. :D happy days.
Try http://www.zombiegames.net/games/Zombie-Storm.html a bit of fun
|This group operates on the whole area of Malton!|
Monroeville too as it happens.
|Fertilize the Land Policy|
|This user or group believes in regaining NT buildings at any cost!|
|Sacred Ground Policy Supporter|
|This user or group supports the Sacred Ground Policy and acknowledges that all Cemeteries in the city of Malton are considered Revivification Points.|
|Everyone hates Clippit|
|This smurf is really smurfed off and wants to beat the smurf out of ever smurffing smuffer in the whole smurffing world!|
|The Almighty Crowbar|
|Wooden crates beware, this user has a crowbar.|
|Caiger Mall Survivor|
|This user or group assisted in defending Caiger Mall on one or more occasions.|
|Uniform Barricading Policy Supporter|
|This User or Group supports the Uniform Barricading Policy by actively maintaining barricades according to local plan or UBP standard.|
|This User or Group supports PK Reporting. Don't let Player Killers get away with murder. Report them on the Rogues Gallery.|
|Don't let them get away with murder! Register them on the Rogues Gallery.|
|River Tactics Supporter|
|This User or Group supports River Tactics.|
|B.A.D. supports those crazy ravers|
|Gladiatorial Arena Policy Supporter|
|This user or group supports the Gladiatorial Arena Policy & acknowledges that all stadiums in Malton are gladiatorial areas, in which the killing of another survivor is not a crime and therefore not punishable in any way.|
|Centers Of Learning Policy Supporter|
|This user or group supports the Centers of Learning Policy|
|המוסד למודיעין ולתפקידים מיוחדים|
|Only God knows everything, and he works for Mossad.|
|Medics of Malton|
|This user is a member of, or otherwise supports the efforts of the|
Medics of Malton.
| Undead? Want to breathe again?|
Make a Revivification Request!
|This user be a Pirate. Death to the Ninja dogs! Yarr!|
|Orbes mei gloriam viderunt!|
|This user or group stands on the side of righteousness shoulder-to-shoulder with the Malton's Angels.|
|This user or group hates fascists and will do everything in their power to feed them to the zombies.|
|Malton Hospitals Group|
|This user or group supports MHG in their attempt to restore health care in Malton.|
|Evil Never Dies|
|This user supports E.N.D. in their quest to bring life and hope to Malton.|
|The Communist Party|
|This is gonna be one hell of a party, and this user intends to join it!|
|Survive. Revive. Thrive.|
|This User or Group supports the elimination of PH in the Southern Suburbs of Malton.|
|Hunt him down!|
|Pathetic Bill must be killed and sent back to hell, where he belongs!|
|Fine Art of Malton|
|This user is a Fine Art of Malton supporter.|
|CR Whiners Suck|
|B.A.D. considers zombies who "avenge"/complain about combat revives to be whiny hypocritical gits.|
|This user or group supports Vantar's Safehouse and respects its neutrality!|
|PK WITH US|
|Hello! Come and PK with us. Come and PK with us.
Forever... and ever... and ever!
PKers are nasty
|This user or group believes that all characters of one player share the same knowledge. And this knowledge cannot be separated. Having an alternative character in an enemy faction is spying by default.|
|This user or group does not tolerate stupid people.|
|This user has alts but DOESN'T Zerg.|
Do Not Zerg it sucks!
|This User or Group eats at McZeds™. They also support the Use of Corpses for High Quality Processed Fast Food.|
mmmm Soylent Green :D
|Friend of the Octopope|
|Worship the Octopope and his mighty tentacles will guard you from evil.|
|The Drama Llama is Watching You|
|The owner of this page reserves the right to delete trolling and drama at their discretion, especially when posted by complete idiots.|
|This user has guns. Do not cross them.|