Bayley Row Railway Station
|Bayley Row Railway Station|
|Bayley Row Railway Station
Richmond Hills [37, 38]
Bayley Row Railway Station formerly served southern Richmond Hills, lying on the Red Line between Bennet Station to the west and the junction at Cardwell-Blunt to the east. Today, the platforms are empty, its departure boards blank, all trains having left the city during the evacuation.
|Malton Rail Red Line|
|Dewfall | Brimson | Capper | Ayre | Rumbell Y | Silwood | Sidey | Vearncombe | Bennet | Bayley | Cardwell-Blunt N | Mulock | Thynne | Fey | Alkin-Priestley GB | Hugo-Gingell | Beele-Copless | Lawley P | Perks | Whitlock | Colwill Y | Sellwood-Barens O|
Built in the mid-1930's by Malton Rail, the Bayley Row Station was half of a small local inner-suburb commuter hub. Along with Cardwell Plaza Railway Station it mainly provided commuter service within Richmond Hills itself, as well as to Norvell Avenue Railway Station to the North in Eastonwood and Blunt Boulevard Railway Station to the East in Ketchelbank, which in turn provided the closest public rail service to the Malton City Zoo.
While mainly dealing with commuter travel, a single line also connected Bayley Row to the freight hub at Lea Boulevard Railway Station in Northwestern Richmond Hills. Rail service in Richmond Hills was reorganized into the current configuration in the 1970's.
In accordance to the Richmond Hills Barricade Plan, Bayley Row Rail Station should be kept at EHB.