The Second Big Bash
|This historical group is no longer active. However, its wiki page is preserved to reflect the group's significance in Urban Dead history.|
|The Second Big Bash|
|Group Numbers:||All zambahz welcome!|
|Leadership:||Bisfan, DonTickles, Keith Moon, Brona and many others!|
|Recruitment Policy:||Shamble to where the Big Bash is, join in the fun.|
|Contact:||Big Bash 2 forum @ Barhah.com|
- for other groups under the name Big Bash, see Big Bash (disambiguation)
UrbanDead has reached an impasse. The most frightening zombie groups are no longer a loose collection of brazzahz and z!zzahz rolling across Malton in a massive ball of Barhah! Instead, mega-hordes of highly coordinated zombies leap from mall to mall in order to face only massive groups of highly coordinated harmanz. It is time to harken to the past of UrbanDead. It is time to bring back... The Big Bash.
What is the Second Big Bash?
In order to revitalize the game, and our fun within it, we have taken the ideas floating around many hordes and many forums, and we are hereby organizing a grand alliance of zombie hordes to partake of a rampage across Malton. The Big Bash is the party that this grand alliance, this horde-of-hordes, is going to throw in its travels around Malton.
The objectives are to have fun, redress the balance between zombies and harmanz, and provide an attractive event to new zombie players who might otherwise never progress as a zombie.
While one of the goals is to get many zombie hordes and even some of the most highly coordinated hordes in the game together, the primary goal is to build up a massive swarm of zombies -- coordinated and feral -- in order to steamroll every single building in the path of the Big Bash -- not just the malls and NTs.
When did the Second Big Bash begin?
October 8, 2007
This area is for official announcements, please refrain from commenting here unless you are a representative of The Bash. Archived announcements found here.
April 03, 2008: This has been percolating in the works for a while, but we didn't want it to get mixed up in any April Fools type chicanery. The Big Bash 2 is being brought to an end. More details can be found at barhah.com. - Bisfan 00:33, 4 April 2008 (BST)
March 15, 2008: Crowbank was a moderately poor source of bra!nz, but we still did our work methodically and moved on to Vinetown. Half of Mitchem Mall is in barhah hands, the rest will follow soon. Still nothing particularly tough or challenging. Yawn... Yeeth 09:19, 15 March 2008 (UTC)
March 3, 2008: The Big Bash 2 has razed the suburb of Heytown, and is moving into Pimbank. Tynte Mall teeters on a knife's edge, as people wonder how long it can hold out against the undead might arrayed against it. - Bisfan 21:54, 3 March 2008 (UTC)
March 1, 2008: The heart of Santlerville lies in ruins, Dowdney Mall as well as Dewes and Hall NT lie in ruins. The zombie horde is dancing around the suburb, celebrating their success and razing the suburb; hungry eyes are looking around, and the Bash is preparing to move on once the celebration is over. Barhah B!g Bazh! BARHAH! - Bisfan 10:17, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
Where is the Second Big Bash?
The Big Bash is over :(
How do I join the Second Big Bash?
This one is easy! Just head for the current location. If you don't have a Group Affiliation, you can add "The Big Bash" as your group. If you have a Wiki account here, please show your support by adding this nifty template to your User or Group page:
|The Second Big Bash!|
|This User or Group is a member of The Second Big Bash, and will be coming to your neighborhood soon! Please have lots of fresh brains ready when they arrive with all their friends.|
I'm with the Big Bash, what building should I hit?
If you're in the same suburb as the Big Bash, hit the first building you see that isn't ruined.
The most up to date information can be found here to help you find your share of the food.
Public Strike Times
There come times when more coordination is required to take difficult targets. Therefore we have 2 strike times for when getting past cades is tough. If you cannot make these times, you may also employ X:00 tactics. Strike on the hour, and hope many other brethren are striking at the same time. The more Bashers we can get past the cades at the same time the quicker these human fortresses will fall.
Strike 1: 8:30pm GMT (3:30pm Eastern US, 12:30pm Pacific US)
Strike 2: 12:30am GMT (7:30pm Eastern US, 4:30pm Pacific US)
Expect more actives at these times. Report problems and comments to the Bash forums at barhah.com
An effective technique, now that just standing inside a mall will limit survivors' ability to rebuild barricades, is to use the "?rise" technique described in "Parachuting":
If you gain entry to the mall, do not expend AP attacking survivors -- wait until they attack you and have almost destroyed you; then, when you get close to 0 HP, enter "http://www.urbandead.com/map.cgi/?rise" into your browser and hit refresh repeatedly -- this can enable you to stand up again before the survivors have a chance to dump your body outside, giving you a fresh set of HP and forcing the survivors to kill you all over again.
Who's rolling with the Big Bash?
For a more complete list, see Category:Big Bashers
- Any feral zombie that wishes to join.
- Cybele's Shamblers
- De-vivification Experts of Malton
- Eastonwood Ferals
- Feral Undead
- Infected Swarm
- Killer Zombie Tomatoes
- Lebende Tote
- Rowcliffe Must Fall
- The Minions of the Apocalypse
- The Ridleybank Resistance Front
- Thulsa Doom's Temple of Set
- Williamsville Horde of Organized Zombies
- The Alliance
Trail of Destruction
- 3-16 -- Vinetown provided many tasty treats, but the food has dried up, so onwards and eastwards it is.
- 3-10 -- Edgecombe was very tasty, but all things end, and we'd overstayed our welcome.
- 3-08 -- Roftwood bids us adieu, party snaps of the ruined suburb promising to provide endless hours of fond memories.
- 3-06 -- Pimbank hosted the latest soiree, with zombies promenading through Tynte Mall, it was time to thank the survivors for their brains and move on.
- 3-03 -- Heytown, after being swept by a wing of the Bash as it headed north previously, felt the full force this time. Resistance was futile.
- 3-01 -- Santlerville dismantled and the zombies partied hard.
- 2-25 -- Yagoton was demolished and leadership of the Bash handed over to Bisfan. Bash forces moved to regroup outside the red zones back in Santlerville
- 2-22 -- Shearbank Many brains were eaten in Shearbank, and they were delicious while they lasted, which wasn't long
- 2-19 -- Huntley Heights Much of the burb was already ruined by the wave we take with us everywhere, we finished it off
- 2-14 -- Pashenton was already mostly ruined but we finished the job on the way south
- 2-13 -- Earletown was obliterated and the Haslock NT taken as our prize
- 2-12 -- Rhodenbank was quickly devoured
- 2-6 -- Rolt Heights fell easily
- 2-4 -- Gibsonton Has fallen quickly and a nice party... BARHAH!!!
- 1-31 -- Pitneybank Nearly a month after the siege began Giddings finally fell. Well defended survivors, we salute you!
- 1-2 -- Pitneybank Fort Creedy has fallen. BARHAH!
- 12-30 -- Pegton Some resistance at the Rowcliffe NT ended as expected, with all brains eaten! The rest of the burb fell easily. On to Creedy! Barhah!
- 12-27 -- Vinetown Smooth sailing through Vinetown, Mitchem Mall put up no resistance
- 12-26 -- Penny Heights Both malls fell very quickly and the rest of the burb was ravaged to the ground.
- 12-23 -- Fryerbank Changing directions we crushed Fryerbank without resistance.
- 12-20 -- Whittenside After the fall of Perryn the rest of Whittenside followed quickly with the NMC and Beavers putting up a classy fight.
- 12-19 -- Pennville Fort Perryn has fallen. BARHAH!!
- 12-17 -- Pennville In the lead up to the attack on Ft Perryn, Pennville collapsed easily.
- 12-15 -- Osmondville fell quickly, offering up little resistance
- 12-13 -- Gulsonside has fallen with Blesley Mall being quickly devoured. Osmondville is next on the menu.... BARHAH!
- 12-8 -- Wray Heights is mostly a bloody ruin now....B!G BAZH ZMAZH!
- 12-6 -- East Grayside -- The NMC put up a decent fight at the Angerstein NT building, but we prevailed. Look for them to make another attempt to stop us in the near future.
- 11-30 -- Buttonville,Wyke Hills. and Buckley Mall are mostly in rubble. Hollomstown is also mostly ruins. We now march on East Grayside!!
- 11-22 -- Wyke Hills, Buckley Mall -- There will be some great sales at Buckley Mall tomorrow, get in line early for the 50% off sale on BRA!NZ!!
- 11-19 -- West Grayside -- Take out the rest of the suburb then the mall.
- 11-15 -- Kinch Heights -- I'm told there are tasty brains in Kinch Heights, lets eat em up.
- 11-13 -- Dartside -- Time to get out of the SW, take a day in Dartside, then we'll move to Kinch Heights.
- 11-12 -- Marven Mall -- We'll be heading east soon, but lets take down Marven Mall real quick while we're here.
- 11-09 -- Tompson Mall -- Some arrogant breathers have been boasting about defending against the Bash when we are spread across 2 suburbs. First converge on Cheeke NT next to Tompson Mall, when it is in ruins move on to the mall. Leave nobody breathing!
- 11-08 -- Foulkes Village, Ruddlebank -- Southern Foulkes has fallen, finish it off. We are also hitting Ruddlebank again to teach those humans that rebuilding as soon as we leave is not the best idea they have come up with. When these two targets have been put in their proper ruined state then converge on Tompson Mall again.
- 11-08 -- New Arkham -- New Arkham was destroyed before even being declared as a target. Well done!
- 11-06 -- Old Arkham -- Spicer Hills is done for, destroy Old Arkham next!
- 11-04 -- Spicer Hills -- Spicey Bra!nz in Spicer Hills! Eat up!
- 11-02 -- Williamsville -- There are too many humans left in these green suburbs. It has been decided that we must crush everything in this corner and prevent the humans from retaking Tompson. So we are circling back around and destroying these burbs to the south.
- 10-30 -- Dartside -- We trashed Tompson and we trashed Lockettside. Now we trash Dartside!
- 10-28 -- Lockettside -- Let's bring down Tompson Mall and then destroy everything surrounding it. Leave nothing alive!
- 10-25 -- Ruddlebank -- On to Ruddlebank! Barhah!
- 10-23 -- Wykewood -- Despite being on the doorstep of Tompson Mall we are continuing West into Wykewood. We will return for Thompson very soon though, no doubt about it!
- 10-21 -- South Blythville -- Greentown fell quick, South Blythville should be quick as well as we meet up with LUE.
- 10-20 -- Greentown -- We've brought barhah to all the residences of Tapton, now we must provide the same service to Greentown!
- 10-17 -- Tapton -- A wiki vandal appears to be attempting to misdirect us. Tapton is the next target. --DonTickles 16:32, 17 October 2007 (BST)
- 10-14 -- Kempsterbank -- Shackleville is in complete ruins, move south to Kempsterbank.
- 10-12 -- Shackleville -- Stanbury Village has been overrun, on to Shackleville.
- 10-11 -- Stanbury Village -- Fresh and juicy. Let the good times roll....