|Suburb of Buttonville|
|Update Buttonville's Danger Level|
|View full-city Danger Center|
|Known groups in this suburb:
Key buildings in Buttonville:
|Suburb Number: 95|
|Please remember to keep this article neutral.|
Buttonville is a suburb of Malton, located in the south of the city. A few residents held the brief opinion that this suburb should be referred to as "Cheeseville" based on a poll on one group's public forum; efforts to replace the suburb name in this article were considered vandalism under this wiki's NPOV rules and removed. It continues to be known as "Butt-ville" by several dirty-minded residents, but no effort to "correct" this article has emerged. It is occasionally abbreviated to "The Button" or "The Butt" (the source of many jokes by degenerate locals) and can be referred to as "Bagganb!rrh" in Zamgrh by players with Death Rattle. The suburb currently has no other common aliases.
|Short-wave Radio Info|
|The Buttonville suburb has the following active radio stations.|
Buttonville contains the western half of Buckley Mall.
Many residents, survivor and zombie alike, prefer to be referred to as "Buttonvillains" or "Buttvillies".
It is also known as the capitol of Maltons Fine Wine Storage and Industry. It is also known for it's fabulous Bar-Pud-Club Chain.
One may use the following tinyurl to refer to this page: http://tinyurl.com/jpfhl
Buttonville, the land of Wine!
Before the outbreak, Buttonville was a highly populated community of Rich suburbanites. In those days, Buttonville had been well know as the Capitol of the Wine Industry (In selling and storing of the large quantities, that is. No Wineries themselves cared to become local, instead making a hefty profit on import from their respective Suburbs, or Countries). It may have been that tradition and like-minded individuals had started this trend, therefore making it "high-class" to be an authority and drinker of fine wine.
For whatever reason, because of some social movement of living a High-Class life, the Suburb prospered under wonderful economic conditions. Ron Burgundy was often cited as being a massive inspiration to the people of the Suburb. Amongst the local Bars and the like was the profoundness of displaying Ron Burgundy approved plaques for their Wines, a massive pride to any Bar, Pub, or Club in any Suburb.
The people had been terrifically involved in Politics.
The Buttonville Building Information Center contains status reports and updates on key buildings in the suburb.
Survivor groups advise visitors not to sleep in Buttonville's resource buildings. These buildings are generally high-profile targets for zombies, and due to the UBP-compliant Barricade Plan the local groups uphold, tend to be less-heavily barricaded; survivors sleeping inside make these tempting targets into all-you-can-eat buffets as well.
Zombie groups, on the other hand, advise visiting zombies that survivors rarely take their own advice, and that most VSB buildings do turn out to be buffets after all.
Besides Buckley Mall, Buttonville has:
- 4 NT Buildings (the Fort Building [47, 90], the Brazey Building [48, 91], the Tebbett Building [48, 96], and the Pryor Building [41, 98])
- 2 Fire Stations (Whittem Place Fire Station [41, 97] and Garlick Square Fire Station [48, 98])
- 1 Police Station (Ranson Boulevard Police Dept [47, 92])
- 1 Hospital (St Soter's Hospital [40, 91])
In addition St Soter's Hospital in NW Buttonville, two hospitals lie just on the border: St Agatho's Hospital @ [42, 89] near NW corner in Kinch Heights and Julie General Hospital @ [50, 97] near SE corner in Wyke Hills. Near the NE corner in West Grayside is Piran General Hospital @ [50, 88].
There are three operational revivification locations in Buttonville:
- a cemetery [44, 93] (south of St Columbanus's Church)
- wasteland [47, 95] (west of Hutchin Bank)
- a cemetery [40,98] (south of St Aidan's Church)
Survivor groups in this neighborhood adhere to the policy of No Random Revives (not affiliated with the Randoms); which usually requires one to register one's in-game profile ID on a Revivification Request Tool to prevent reviving PKers. Revive policies in the suburb include (but may not be limited to):
- The Randoms request that revive-seekers use their revive request forum. Most other groups in the area monitor this revive queue.
- The Department of Emergency Management prefer that revive-seekers use the DEM Revive Request Tool. (Some groups in the area may monitor this queue.)
- PKers request that Revive Technicians perform their duties without bias or moral judgment.
- Zombies request that revive-seekers greet each other, as well as any harmanz who happen to wander into range, with a friendly bite, then sing and dance for a bit (because everybody likes a show while they stand in a queue).
Historical: The St Aidan's Church [40, 97] was an early revivification clinic starting in November 2005. It was closed in October 2006 to simplify the revive points given there is a Sacred Ground cemetery one south.
08th April 2020 - Area seems quiet. An aspiring local NT lab assistant has patrolled the area and have encountered a few ferals and a few NT staff on surveying missions. Buildings previously thought to have been ruined have been scouted and found to be rebuilt. - Mafiamanz (talk) 10:01, 8 April 2020 (UTC)
For details see the Buttonville news archive.
- March 2006
- Buttonville reported as quiet by survivors; zombies report "Nazzang ahz habbanang haarh..."
- April 2006
- The Randoms begin operations in Buttonville.
- Zombies occupy and control Buttonville and the mall. Responsible parties reported to be Undeadites, RRF's first Excursion, and the Amalgamated Tourists and Wandering Persons Union.
- May 2006
- Buttonville survivors finally recover from the invasion mid-month and report Buttonville "peaceful".
- June 2006
- Big Bash begins sweeping through mid-month, peaks late month, and begins to leave at the end of the month.
- July/August 2006
- Lingering zombies mostly controlled Buttonville until the end of July. Things were finally peaceful in mid-August. There was a brief rise of zombie activity in late August, but fell back again quickly.
- September - November 2006
- Buttonville is quite peaceful. PKers and over-barricading are the most serious threats to survivors. Picnickers with guns are the most serious threats to the few standing zombies.
- December 2006
- Led by the Randoms, Operation Christmas lights had power in every building in Buttonville, most with Christmas lights.
- January/February 2007
- January was very quiet. Slowly, through February, zombie activity increased.
- March 2007
- Multiple large hordes of zombies moved through, including a new Mall Tour. Zombie counts exceeded 200 and survivors were forced to retreat. The zombies moved on fairly quickly and survivor-supremacy was restored in April.
- April 2007
- Although there were still quite a few lingering zombies, over-barricading became a bigger problem for survivors.
- G.I.F.D. establish themselves in Buttonville.
- May-June 2007
- Buttonville fairly quiet.
- July 2007
- Militant Order of Barhah attacks Buckley Mall. Otherwise, Buttonville was quiet for the month.
- Aug - Sept 2007
- Ridleybank Resistance Front looks into the sales at Buckley Mall at the end of August then parties in many buildings for much of September.
- end of May 2013
- Buttonville is the designated rallying point for the Big Bash 4. Zombie hordes and ferals alike from across Malton answer the call and gather in the ruins, humming tunes of long forgotten times.
Survivors advise continuing education regarding their Barricade Plan by spraying buildings with tags similar to the following:
- EHB. Buttonville Plan http://tinyurl.com/3angrj
- VSB+2. Buttonville Plan http://tinyurl.com/3angrj
Zombies advise continuing education regarding their Barricade Policy by spraying buildings with bits of survivors.
Further discussion and explanation can be found on the Buttonville Barricade Plan dedicated page.
- Ode of the Good Loyalists
- (The song of the Loyal & the Free.)
- Oh ye, Oh ye!
- We spring even in death onto thee.
- Ye Oh, Ye Oh!
- Even in death we'll go!
- From life we came to Hell abode,
- Yet we walk upon an unseen road.
- We are the Livings Shield!
- Yet, what do our efforts Yield?
- Our Brothers and Sisters, the living minds,
- All sizes, shades, thoughts, kinds...
- For the Living, goes our pride!
- For that is what we yeild, our souls Alongside.
- Oh ye, Oh ye!
- We spring even in death onto thee.
- Ye Oh, Ye Oh!
- Even in death we'll go!
Written by: Officer Mead Sheaffer, Completely Original Material.
Generally, Buttonville is the Suburb of peace & reiki. Do some Yoga, turn off your radio to those annoying noobs, sit back and relax! There is much to do my friends! Much wine to drink, much fun to be had, much drunken nights of RP to be experienced. Visit the Clubs, embrace the culture!
•Visit the Western Half of Buckley Mall, stock up on all your Survivor needs and kick back.
•Kill some Zombies! They get back up anyways, so why not get some XP for harassment? I'm sure they love dying every time they stand up.
•Kill some Humans! We appreciate all the idiots learn from their mistakes early by dying in the streets.
•Attend diligently to your Malton Communication studies. Learn some Zamgrh.
•Be a dick and spam the radio stations! And then die!
•Attend our famous clubs for pleasure. The old staffs are all dead, so new ones are needed & appreciated. Buttonville makes the best wine! Taste it!
•Roam the streets freely, say high to your fellow Buttvillies.