Cross Auto Repair
|Cross Auto Repair|
1 Zed inside 6/1/2020
|Cross Auto Repair
East Becktown [20, 39]
A standard auto repair shop in the south-west corner of East Becktown.
Just like 75% of East Becktown, Cross Auto Repair was the property of a Jew, by the name of Ismael Goldstein. Ismael's father, Abe Goldstein, bought the shop from the owner, whose name has been lost in history, with gold he had smuggled when fleeing Europe in 1935. After he settled in Malton, he kept his past to himself, and only talked about it to Ismael.
Abe (and Ismael accordingly) held a grudge against non-Jews ever since his mysterious escape from Nazi Germany. Although it never really got the best of him, rumours said he charged people who didn't look "Jewish enough" just slightly more than the rest of his customers. While it never posed a real threat to the community or their social life, it did provide a reason for most people to visit other auto repair shops in the neighborhood, like Bennet or Crate Auto Repair.
Abe died in 1992 of old age in Edward General Hospital and left the shop to his only son, Ismael.
Ismael Goldstein never married and when he died in a car crash in 2004, he had no close relatives to take over the Auto Repair Shop. Representatives of the Wadman Bank in Lukinswood considered taking the property and selling it to a real estate agent, but the plans were thwarted by the Malton Incident and the building has been neglected ever since.
Due to its proximity to Lukinswood and the Coram Building there, it is often the victim of collateral damage, being one of the few tactical resource points near this hotspot in survivor and zombie activity.
- May 23, 2016 - Stelar, of the East Becktown Defenders, reports that Cross Auto Repair is safe. PB&J 09:42, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
- July 14, 2012 - The MPD has found the building at VSB and without any clear threat on its patrolls. -- Johnny Twotoes 13:47, 14 July 2012 (BST)
- July 20, 2012 - The MPD has found the building switching between VSB and EHB, with a small zombie presence in the neighborhood. Status: useable as safehouse, although not advised due to recent conflict. -- Johnny Twotoes 01:37, 21 July 2012 (BST)
- November 18, 2012 - Cross Auto Repair has been reported safe and unlit. PB&J 21:41, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
- December 2012 - present- The status and safety of Cross Auto Repair is unknown. PB&J 09:04, 29 May 2013 (BST)
Since East Becktown is currently a moderately dangerous area, Cross Auto Repair, as a TRP, is to be kept Very Strongly Barricaded.
As such, it can serve as an entry point for all survivors and a source of supplies for low level players.
In case Cross Auto Repair is under attack, the barricades should be adjusted appropriately.
If you're looking for nearby Revive Points, take a look at the marked locations on the map.