Eligius General Hospital
|Eligius General Hospital|
This hospital is under attack by 2 zombies outside!
|Eligius General Hospital
Eligius General Hospital (65, 54) is the central hospital in Roftwood. It is one of two Hospitals in the suburb and is a core resource building. It is at a convenient location right in the centre of the suburb, and an official entry point to Hildebrand Mall. Doctors and surgeons are found inside at all times of the day and the building is usually always powered.
|Malton Hospitals Group|
|This user or group supports MHG in their attempt to restore health care in Malton.|
Eligius General Hospital is at the heart of the suburb so is well staffed and usually always powered. The co-ordinates are [65, 54].
The Roftwood Barricade Plan states this Hospital is maintained at EHB.. The hospital is vitally important to the core of Roftwood's operations. A VHB+ hospital is located north at St. Ethelbert's Hospital.
Eligius General Hospital is an important Hospital for Roftwood and is looked after by several groups in the local area as well as having its own team of full-time, dedicated staff. It is therefore virtually guaranteed to be maintained and powered, with a good number of survivors inside as well as Hospital staff with the requisite medical skills.
Please see the main Roftwood news for any major changes in the Hospital Status.
Here is a list of available Hospital facilities and treatments, please note that it does depend on the current Hospital status (it is difficult to serve patients when the staff themselves are (un)dead).
The Local Area
The central location of Eligius General Hospital and its adjacency to Hildebrand Mall means it is a busy, thriving Hospital, always powered, always staffed and always open to new visitors and patients alike. This Hospital must be maintained to keep the residents of Roftwood healthy.
Should the Hospital fall, survivors can escape to the safe-houses that can be found either just a few AP away from the building.
Nearby Tactical Resources
There are a large number of resource buildings close to Eligius General Hospital. Within a 4-block walk, even keeping to the free-running lanes one can find:
- Pratley Road Police Department
- Joyner Boulevard Police Department
- Dempsey Grove Police Department
- Mayo Row Police Department
- The Herbert Building (NT Facility)
Health and Safety
This Hospital operates to the following set of health and safety standards set by the Malton Hospitals Group:
- Try to keep this Hospital powered and fuelled at all times.
- Keep this Hospital Zombie-free, they tend to eat the patients.
- Repair barricade damage when possible and maintain at VSB+2.
- Keep at least one doctor in this Hospital.
- Nobody is low priority. We're all in this together; the Level-1 starter you save today could be the one to headshot the Zombie chewing on your arm a few months later.
- If there are staff to spare, make local ambulance runs to support survivors outside the Hospital.
- Keep a radio inside the building, and please transmit on the local frequency, 26.17 MHz.
Healing in times of Siege
In times of heavy siege, first aid kits can become scarce and so this is the order for healing patients, should things begin to look dire. Please adhere to this plan:
- Heal those infected by zombie bites first
- Heal active players (especially if they have just killed a Zombie)
- Heal those with less than 25HP so they are not targeted as "wounded" by zombies
- Heal those with less than 13HP so they cannot be dragged out into the street should the barricades come crashing down.
Staff are expected to heal and fight until they have only a few reserve AP for escape to nearby safe-houses.
Visitors and patients who are known to be Player Killers, Generator Killers or Radio Killers will be warned and closely monitored. Hospital staff are at liberty to insist such people leave should they begin causing trouble (by taunting or attacking). Failing this, physical removal will occur. Please be assured this is only if there is trouble. Those with KOS bounty status will be killed on sight.
The Hospital staff have the right to work in a safe, zombie free environment without the fear of humans turning against them too. This Hospital policy will be enforced.