Elmund Cinema

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Mall-safe-small.jpg

Elmund Cinema
EHB, unlit
Danger Updater MDUDC 18:44, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
Elmund Cinema

Jensentown [15, 9]

the Perren Hotel a cemetery the Shelmerdine Building
Sartin Row Elmund Cinema Greenway Place
the Methuen Monument
(Judgewood)
Wilmott Row
(Judgewood)
St. Joachim's Church
(Judgewood)

Basic Info:

  • Cinemas are "shrouded in darkness" when unpowered.
  • Cinemas are Dark buildings.
  • In the presence of a fuelled portable generator, a Cinema's flavor text will change to one of the following:
    • "…a black-and-white drama film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…a recent horror film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…an old horror film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…a black-and-white documentary film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…a recent drama film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…a dramatic science-fiction film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…a black-and-white science-fiction film playing on its main screen."

ABC.jpg

Description

Designed in what could be described as a 'classical' Art Deco style by prolific cinema architect George Coles, seating was provided for just below 1,400 in stalls and just below 900 in the balcony.

History

The Elmund Cinema was a luxury super cinema designed for a mixed use of cine-variety and was built for Independent operator Goide & Glassman. It opened on 28th October 1935 with Pual Lucas in "Age of Indiscretion" and Miriam Hopkins in "Becky Sharp".

The Savoy was equipped with a working stage and orchestra pit, five dressing rooms and a Wurlitzer 2Maunual/7Rank theater organ which was opened by Reginald New. There was also a large cafe/restaurant located on the balcony foyer level with windows overlooking the street and a free car park at the rear.

The Elmund Cinema was soon taken over by Associated British Cinemas (ABC) from 24th February 1936. In 1962 it was re-named ABC.

In April 1978 it was closed for conversion into a 4 screen cinema. Screen 1 was in the former balcony and had 620 seats, screen 2 was in the former front stalls area with 356 seats and screen 3 and 4 were two mini cinemas located under the balcony in the former rear stalls area and had seating for 217 and 140.

It later became part of the Cannon Cinemas chain and was re-named ABC again in December 1996. It closed on 11th December 1997.

SNACK abc.jpg

AquaEntryPoint.jpg Barricading policy

Elmund Cinema is to be kept Very Strongly Barricaded at all times.
If you're looking for nearby Revive Points, take a look at the list.
Note: This advice is according to the local barricading plan, and may vary from the UBP or locally developed plans.
For more info on barricade plans, click here or take a look at this location's suburb page.

Please avoid using the arcade machine (it dates from 1986) and snack condiments from the foyer when building barricades. If we are going to survive we would like to do it in comfort!



Personal tools
advertisements