From The Urban Dead Wiki
"... power's back on at Giddings Mall ..."
| Giddings Mall
Pitneybank [84,41] - [85,42]
|Please remember to keep this article neutral.|
|Short-wave Radio Info|
|This group or location has a dedicated radio frequency.
Frequency: 26.70 MHz
Giddings Mall is a four-block building located on the north side of the suburb Pitneybank in northeastern Malton. It has played host to several large battles. These include an assault by The Many, ending in a survivor victory, and a month-long siege by The Second Big Bash ending in a zombie victory. The latter saw the introduction of what is now called the Beachhead Tactic, a means of keeping barricades down using what at the time was a Recent Update which allowed them a chance of blocking construction of the barricades by simply flooding into the mall in mass numbers.
External Description: "...a tall yellow-stone building."
Coordinates: [84,41] [85,41] [84,42] [85,42]
Internal Description: The mall is usually kept extremely barricaded, though hospitals, police departments and other nearby public services usually remain accessible to all as a matter of public policy. See the The Giddings Mall Defence Policy for more details.
However zombies often ruin the mall, shambling along the vast food courts they scan the area of their next meal.
Like all malls, Giddings has a wide variety of stores for you to loot depending on your needs. Everything from guns and ammunition to medical supplies can be located within once you get your bearings.
The food court is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Though sometimes you are the meal.
Nearby NecroTech Buildings
The NecroTech Buildings within ten blocks of the mall, from nearest to farthest, are:
- The Morrish Building in Pitneybank (84, 43; distance 1 S from the SW Mall Corner)
- The Dewell Building in Spracklingbank (85, 39; distance 2N)
- The Farmer Building in Pitneybank (82, 46; distance 2 W , 3 S)
- The Maine Building in Peppardville (78, 42; distance 5 W)
- The Veryard Building in Starlingtown (93, 44; distance 6 W, 1 S)
- The Casely Building in Starlingtown (93, 40; distance 6 E, 1 N)
- The Rowcliffe Building in Pegton (85, 52; distance 9 S)
Giddings Mall is to be kept Extremely Heavily Barricaded at all times.
If you're looking for an entry point and don't want to waste any AP, take a look at the Pitneybank Barricade Plan.
If you're looking for nearby Revive Points, take a look at the list.
Note:This advice is according to the local barricading plan, and may vary from the UBP or locally developped plans.
For more info on barricade plans, click here or take a look at this location's suburb page.
- May 29th, 2013 Giddings Mall is reported to be under constant attack by the same group of zombies. PB&J 09:02, 29 May 2013 (BST)
- March 13th 2013 Mall falls after week long buildup of Zombies. People Before Pulses created terminal breach in NE corner. --D M Penfold 12:12, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
- September 7th, 2012 The Mall is in ruins John Raymond 14:31, 7 September 2012 (BST)
- July 2nd, 2012 RRF attacking Giddings Mall and the nearby NT facility, The Farmer Building. Over 20+ zed active, Farmer building endangered to be overrun. Radio broadcasts ask for help for Giddings, about 10 undead actively in the offensive. Peralta 14:37, 2 July 2012 (BST)
- July 1st, 2012 Zed in the offensive for the past 24 hours. Southeast corner of Giddings was attacked, 5 civilian casualties, 3 zombies went down. Generator was destroyed and the entire east side of the mall is in the dark. Still lights up and small groups of survivors present on the westside, and the parts that were overrun have been reconquered and barricaded to EHB. Left this morning, generator was repaired but no fuel present. Peralta 18:46, 1 July 2012 (BST)
- Jun. 29 2012 Entire Mall cleared and barricaded, no zed nearby. Powered down radio present. Generator elsewhere, no fuel. Majority of the people inside is military, medics are spread out over the 4 corners of the mall. [User:Peralta|Peralta]] 19:53, 29 June 2012 (BST)
Somebody has spraypainted the answer to life, the universe, and everything! onto a wall.[
- Mar. 16 2012 Please be advised that recognized radio frequency for Fort Creedy has changed from 26.70 MHz to 25.97 MHz, per the discussion on the Fort Creedy talk page. Fort Creedy no longer shares the Giddings Mall radio frequency. Squideshi 20:10, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- Dec. 14 2011 Bottom-right corner is open and a good dozen zombies are inside. No lights on; looks like a bunch of survivors are about to get munched on.--Gorzag 20:18, 14 Dec 2011
- August - Reeling from their defeat at Fort Creedy, the PA Rebel Alliance make Giddings Mall their new home.
- September - The Many, one of the first large and highly-organized hordes, sets their sights on Giddings Mall. The PA Rebel Alliance, along with The Pretorians retaliate with Operation Windmill Scrotum. The Many begin their seige attempts on the mall but by late September are defeated. PARA begins lending aid to other suburbs, leaving the mall under-protected.
- November - The Dia de los Muertos massacre ends on November 1st. The Minions of the Apocalypse, The Ridleybank Resistance Front, The Undying Scourge and a large number of feral zombies succeed in taking control of Giddings Mall after three days of constant combat. The zombie horde numbers close to 700, and are responsible for hundreds of survivor deaths. In addition to the members of PARA killed, many members of the Army Control Corps and The Stanbury Renegades die lending their support to the defense of the mall. Pitneybank, Gibsonton, Peppardville, and Heytown remain under the control of the The Ministry of the Dead until midway through the month when most of the zombies continue to migrate outwards. Giddings Mall is quietly reoccupied by survivors, including the returning PARA.
- December - The survivor community in Giddings Mall is thriving once more. Zombies in the neighboring blocks are a rare sight.
- January 1st: The new year is welcomed by survivors outside Giddings' Mall with flareguns, which are used as improvised fireworks. -- Johnny Twotoes 16:02, 2 July 2012 (BST)
- January 15th: With over 250 zombies present, Giddings Mall is officially besieged by Mall Tour 06. -- Johnny Twotoes 15:21, 2 July 2012 (BST)
- January 20th: After a valiant defence by survivors, Giddings Mall fell to the unstoppable hordes of Mall Tour 06. After being targeted by Tour Group One and elements of the RRF, the defenders of the mall were declared "Winners of the "Bring It On" award for Excellence of Defence". -- Johnny Twotoes 15:21, 2 July 2012 (BST)
- May-beginning of June: Only a couple months after the Mall Tour 06 destroyed the mall, survivors succesfully defend the area against a horde, consisting of several undead groups, ferals and PK'ers. Estimates put the death toll at 1200 zeds and 800 survivors in what was up until then one of the longest sieges ever. Peralta 15:05, 2 July 2012 (BST)
- End of July: The Big Bash arrives in Pitneybank and attacks focus quickly on the Mall and the nearby NecroTech Facility, the Morrish Building, but are quickly repelled, since some survivors have resorted to the cowardly and illegal use of bots. -- Johnny Twotoes 15:21, 2 July 2012 (BST)
- October-December: Giddings is being harrassed by PKers and GKers. Key PKer participants include The Scorpion Group, the PH, The Notorious CDF (not to be confused with the actual CDF), Red Rum, and Lud Lum's Lesbians. Key anti-PK groups include Combat Revive Eligible Society, the 151st, the 121st, Black Hunter Group and others. While many anticipate PKers and GKers to be the vanguard for zed hordes, no real zombie threat is posed up until the end of the year, when an unspecified zed horde of about 500 zombies invades, besieges and leaves the area in just under ten days. Colonel Al 23:49, 4 December 2006 (UTC)//-- Johnny Twotoes 15:21, 2 July 2012 (BST)
- January-February: In the aftermath of the last attacks, Pitneybank and the Mall are desolated. Most buildings lay in ruins and are occupied by a couple of ferals. Several individual attempts to WIP -- Johnny Twotoes 16:02, 2 July 2012 (BST)
- Seige of Giddings Mall, occurred in July - August.
Battle of Giddings
- Main article: Battle of Giddings
For most of January 2008, Giddings was the centre of a pitched, month-long battle between survivors and the Second Big Bash. The siege commenced on or around the 2nd of January, and ended on the 31st January with a zombie victory. The siege saw a game update enabling zombies to hinder the building of barricades once they had entered a building, and the consequent development of the Beachhead Tactic. On 29th January a large horde of zombies broke in to the south east corner of the mall, and held a beachhead until, by the 31st, the mall was cleared of survivors.