[66,55] – [67,56] (bic) (statuses) (update)Hildebrand Mall
"... lights are on in Hildebrand Mall ..."
Roftwood [66, 55] – [67, 56]
|Short-wave Radio Info|
|This group or location has a dedicated radio frequency.
Frequency: 26.63 MHz
Hildebrand Mall is a four-block shopping mall in the suburb of Roftwood.
External Description: "A four-story metal-and-glass building, its windows missing and broken."
Coordinates: [66, 55], [66, 56], [67, 55], [67, 56]
Nearby NecroTech Buildings
Hildebrand Mall is one of the few malls to have a NecroTech Building in an immediately adjacent block. In the event that that building falls to zombies, the use of other nearby NecroTech facilities may become desirable.
The NecroTech Buildings within ten blocks of the mall, listed from nearest to farthest, are:
- The Herbert Building in Roftwood (68, 65; distance 1-2 E, 1-2 N)
- The Greenhow Building in Roftwood (62, 51; distance 4-5 W, 4-5 N)
- The Browne Building in Edgecombe (71, 51; distance 4-5 E, 4-5 N)
- The Blocksidge Building in Crowbank (72, 60; distance 5-6 E, 4-5 S)
- The Went Building in Stanbury Village (59, 55; distance 7-8 W, 0-1 N)
- The Mydleham Building in Crowbank (76, 63; distance 9-10 E, 7-8 S)
- The Spragge Building in Crowbank (73, 65; distance 6-7 E, 9-10 S)
- The Marks Building in Peppardville (71, 46; distance 4-5 E, 9-10 N)
- The Caffin Building in Edgecombe (77, 54; distance 10-11 E, 1-2 N)
Put most recent events at top - also check the Roftwood page for other news of the area.
News older than one month should be placed in the archives.
11th May 2020 - Hildebrand NE corner breached. The mall fell soon afterwards Mafiamanz (talk) 15:58, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
2nd May 2020 - NW corner was breached but appears to have been cleared. Mafiamanz (talk) 18:39, 2 May 2020 (UTC)
27th April 2020 - The mall is back in survivor hands. Mafiamanz (talk) 11:19, 27 April 2020 (UTC)
April 23rd;NW and NE sections have fallen. Mafiamanz (talk) 10:37, 23 April 2020 (UTC)
April 20th; EHB and garrisoned by the living. Mafiamanz (talk) 10:37, 23 April 2020 (UTC) January 25th 20 zombies including some from the RRF horde have ruined the NE corner and slain most of the survivors inside. --ZombGG (talk) 03:56, 26 January 2020 (UTC)
December 8th 18 zombies largely from The Scourge horde broke into the NW corner, cleared the mall of all survivors, and ruined every corner.--ZombGG (talk) 03:35, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
December 5th Rebuilding efforts have turned into a defensive campaign as survivors battle a small yet fierce mob of zombies bashing outside the NW corner. Action is rising as The Scourge zombie horde continues mounting pressure in the eastern Roftwood area. Mall status has been updated to Under Attack. --ZombGG (talk) 18:40, 5 December 2019 (UTC)
November 19th For the first time in weeks following the Ridleybank Resistance Front's Halloween strike, survivors have Hildebrand in a sensitive rebuilding stage. Corners are powered and barricades stand tall. Zombies still pose a major threat and are spreading terror and instability around TRPs in the immediate area. --ZombGG (talk) 18:56, 19 November 2019 (UTC)
October 23rd Presently survivors hold the mall against a mob of ~10 zombies bashing outside the south-east corner. The connecting NecroTech facility, the Herbert Building, is also under attack by a separate zombie mob of ~10 zombies. --ZombGG (talk) 01:13, 24 October 2019 (UTC)
September 18th Zombies have taken control of all four corners after a multiple day siege. A major breach in the south-west corner today led to undead forces piling inside the mall and overwhelming the defending survivors, turning all whom didn't flee into unfortunate and I'm sure tasty snacks. Soon the north-west corner was ruined, creating a pinata and a solid foothold that the survivors could not combat. The fighting was fierce and clean. All is quiet.. for now. --ZombGG (talk) 02:06, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
September 15th Danger status for the mall is upgraded to "under attack" after a series of multiple zombie break ins and zed numbers massing to 11+ outside the south-west corner. --ZombGG (talk) 02:06, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
The mall rests in zombie hands after a well coordinated strike from a zombie horde of ~25 composed of mixed forces from the Scourge and the Ridleybank Resistance Front. The SW corner was breached last night around 9:30pm EST. Survivors were overwhelmed and the mall remains ruined and heavily populated by zombies. --ZombGG (talk) 19:49, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
Hildebrand is under great pressure from zombies in the south-western area of the mall. The zombies in question suggested to hail from the never resting Scourge. Just barricaded the area of the building to "heavily" whether that does anything to prevent the hoards outside from gaining entry we will have to pray to our gods. -Tess Eks (talk) 23:02, 2 February 2018 (UTC)
Hildebrand is powered, barricaded, and populated. Survivors and zombies are locked in fierce fighting at the SW corner. Break-ins are frequent, the action is intense, and the suspense is thrilling! --ZombGG (talk) 15:55, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
The Scourge have ruined Hildebrand Mall. --ZombGG (talk) 15:53, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
Hildebrand Mall has a long and drawn out history since the Outbreak, yet is not as notable as Caiger or others, except to those who have lived and died here (many times). A written history can be found here.
Barricading & Defense
Like all other Malls, all 4 quadrants of Hildebrand are usually barricaded to Extremely Heavily. This is in accordance with the revisions to the Uniform Barricading Policy:
- After the escalators and corridors had been cleared of debris, many survivors found the Uniform Barricading Policy to be in serious and urgent need of revision regarding malls. One such survivor speaking under the blanket of anonymity was quoted as saying - "Not for Malls, not no more! Clearing out the passages inside those things was the stupidest thing we humans did after the outbreak! Look how they've all been falling like dominos since we did that...".
See the revised policy regarding malls.
For more information about defending malls see the Mall Defence Manifesto.
The Hildebrand Mall is a key building in Roftwood not only due to the supplies that can be found in it (like any other mall) but also due to the fact that it is connected to three other key locations in the suburb, these are: Eligius General Hospital, the Herbert Building and Gall Lane.
Eligius General Hospital - Since it is a hospital, other survivors will be able to use the Surgery skill and heal you for an additional 5 hit-points. This can't be done inside the mall.
The Herbert Building - This building is a NecroTech building, the only type of building where DNA Extractors and Revivification Syringes can be found. Having this building adjacent to the mall is comfortable and almost as good as having a "Search NecroTech Lab" option inside the mall.
Gall Lane - This block is NO LONGER an official revive point in Roftwood. The current revive location (for the mall area) is Swansborough Park (68,53).
About Reviving Zombies
- NOTE 1: In general, you should revive zombies by selecting their profile ID. Profile IDs are posted in the revive tool or on a revive thread in the forums. If you are reviving a member of your own group, you typically already have their profile ID in your contacts list, from your group's membership roster. Add the requester's profile ID to your list of contacts, so that your target will be singled out in the room description and can be revived separately using your syringe pull-down menu.
- NOTE 2: In the past, scientists often relied on DNA extraction without a profile ID. DNA scans reveal zombies by name, and identify which zombies have brain rot (and would therefore waste your syringe). Since the top zombie DNA scan does not correspond to the top of the zombie pile, this method is extremely foolish unless you are reviving a lone zombie. The No Random Revive Policy urges scientists not to use syringes on random unknown zombies. There are many deceased humans waiting patiently for your syringe in the revive queues.
- NOTE 3: Do not kill zombies who stand at a revive point unless you know they are hostile or that they have Brain Rot. If you knock down a deceased survivor, they cannot be revived until they stand up again, so this often delays their revival by a full day.
- NOTE 4: If a zombie talks to you (usually "Mrh?") at a revive point that means he wants you to revive him ("Mrh?" in zombie speech is believed to be the equivalent of "revive?" or "help?" in human speech). A zombie which has spoken, also makes his/her profile available to you giving you information on their skills and group affiliation. This can be helpful for triage purposes.