Jewell Lane

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Jewell Lane

Gulsonside [74, 75]

the Gollop Building the Crump Museum Ponder Grove
Tatchel Street Jewell Lane Shean Alley Railway Station
Welsford Towers a carpark Methringham Boulevard

Basic Info:

  • A Street is a city block containing no buildings or monuments. There are a variety of other names besides Street including Alley, Avenue, Boulevard, Drive, Grove, Lane, Row, Square, Walk, Place, etc.
  • This is an empty block, and cannot be barricaded.


Description

A delightful medieval lane, winding between stone cottages that could easily be inhabited by hobbits. Or some other fantastical creatures that only exist in one's imagination.

History

Erik Gulson: the first medallion man?

The oldest surviving street in Gulsonside, the Lane is named for the extraordinary archaeological discovery made by local schoolboy Bertie Batterson in 1934. While truanting from McInerney Avenue School with his mongrel Bowser, the naughty schoolboy spotted his dog digging frantically under someone's prized tube roses. Investigating further, he found what he called "A right gorblimey bit of decent jool'ry", now known to historians as the Gulson Jewel. This priceless artefact was acquired by a wily curator from a local museum when Batterson swapped it with him for two toffee apples and a liquorice wheel.

As well as its intrinsic value, the Jewel is said to be the earliest known evidence of Medallion Man (homo biggus diccus) in Malton, and it is widely accepted that it belonged to Erik 'The Bear' Gulson himself.



Personal tools
advertisements