Lea Boulevard Railway Station
|Lea Boulevard Railway Station|
|Lea Boulevard Railway Station
Richmond Hills [32, 32]
|Malton Rail Brown Line|
|Dawney | Pople | Holloms | Ormrod | Cridge | Fennessy FB | Fowler | Butt | Nettleton Y | Lea | Cardwell-Blunt R | Brownsell | Sheil-Pask | Rio | Gorham G | Calvert | Candy | Prentice | Whittle-Clark P | Norris O | Grice | Coomb | Beck Y | Methringham | Flower | Milverton | Chancellor | Garton | Tikanoff | Mesney | Chicke-Hedbitch B | Derryman | Shickell | Shillito O|
The Lea Boulevard Railway Station platforms are empty, its departure boards blank, all trains having left the city during the evacuation.
Originally built in the 1920's by Malton Rail, the Lea Boulevard Station was used mainly as a freight hub for the factories of Northern Richmond Hills and Southern Eastonwood and was part of a northern branch of the Great Western line connecting Owsleybank and Starlingtown.
While freight was its main form of traffic, the station also catered to commuter transportation to a lesser extent. Travelers could travel West to Heathman Row Railway Station in Havercroft, Southwest to Bennet Row Railway Station in Lukinswood, Northeast to Hayes Place Railway Station in Eastonwood or hook up with the smaller commuter hub at Bayley Row Railway Station within southeastern Richmond Hills.
Along with the decline of Richmond Hills' industrial economy, use of the station decreased in the postwar period. With the establishment of the Brown Line in the early 1980s, the service from the station was streamlined and it ceased to be a junction. Access to the abandoned platforms was prevented, although since the outbreak no one is around to stop you from getting in.
In accordance with the Richmond Hills Barricade Plan, Lea Boulevard Railway Station should be kept at EHB.