Lovelock Plaza Police Department

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Mall-safe-small.jpg

Lovelock Plaza Police Department
VSB, unlit
Sidicious (talk) 14:34, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
Lovelock Plaza Police Department

South Blythville [25,76]

the Seager Monument Shiplow Library Isgar Towers
Doswell Lane Lovelock Plaza Police Department Folaquier Place
the Harington Monument a wasteland Gibb Road

Basic Info:

  • Police Stations can be barricaded normally.

Description

Lovelock Plaza Police Department is the most central of three police stations serving South Blythville. It is a comparatively small grey-stone building, distinguished by the statues of two police dogs flanking the main entrance. Due to the fire damage sustained by Gotch Plaza Police Department in the early stages of the Quarantine, Malton Police Department temporarily pressed Lovelock Plaza into use both as its headquarters for District 1 of its South-Western Division in general, and South Blythville in particular. Due to developments, however, MPD has all but abandoned the station again.

History

Lovelock Plaza police station ca. 1890
Following the formal incorporation of the village of Blythville into greater Malton in the late 1870s, the decision was made to build a modern police station for the district to replace the village constable's house, which was rapidly proving inadequate for its task. The new station was built in its place, and the plaza in front of it was named after Alan Lovelock, one of the first officers of the Malton Police Department.

The statues that flank the station's main entrance were not added until 1922. They are of a bloodhound and a German shepherd, and were a gift from the estate of noted Scarletwood dog breeder James Ledward, who had died the previous year after supplying the Malton Police Department with almost all its police dogs for over forty years. Most of these had been bloodhounds, but when Ledward's grandson David returned from service in France in 1918 with a German shepherd which he had received from a German soldier, Ledwards saw that breed's potential and was instrumental in making them popular with MPD dog handlers, a legacy that lives on to this day.

Lovelock Plaza was relegated to the function of adjunct station with the opening of the larger and more modern Gotch Plaza station in the 1950s. Because the fundamental design was sound, however, it lent itself well to internal upgrading, and the station has continued to perform its basic function well.

Barricade Policy

Please do not over-barricade this building. It should be maintained as an accessible safe house and free running entryway (particularly for survivors approaching from the south), and as such the barricades should be maintained at Very Strongly (VS+2). See the Uniform Barricading Policy for more details.

Personal tools
advertisements