Malton Fire Department
The Shortened URL for this page is http://tinyurl.com/TheMFD.
|Malton Fire Department|
|Group Numbers:||Stats Page|
|Goals:||To Protect Lives and Property|
|Recruitment Policy:||Join the MFD!|
|Contact:||MFD Forum or Discord|
The Malton Fire Department is committed to protecting the people and property within its community. We will be responsive to the needs of our citizens by providing rapid, professional, humanitarian services essential to the health, safety and well being of the community. We will accomplish our mission through prevention, public education, fire suppression, training and other related emergency and non-emergency activities. We will actively participate in our community, serve as role models and strive to effectively and efficiently utilize all of the necessary resources at our command to provide a level of service deemed excellent by our citizens. The MFD is a core group of the Department of Emergency Management, an organization whose groups have a total of more than 15 ! We work closely together with the Malton Police Department and other groups who are are part of the DEM.
In response to the current crisis we are working hard to coordinate effective disaster response to protect the living and to isolate and remove the dead. We are reactivating Fire Stations as fast as we can as Firefighters report in for duty.
In suburbs where the MFD has an activated Fire Station, survivors of Malton may report emergencies or request the help of the Fire Department or EMS at the DEM Public Communications forums.
|Don't let them get away with murder! Register them on the Rogues Gallery.|
|Undead? Want to breathe again?|
Make a Revivification Request!
Goals and Guidelines
As a member of the Malton Fire Department, knocking down zeds is not your primary mission. Saving lives and securing property is. While frequently this is most expeditiously rendered by splitting open some undead skulls with your handy axe, it is just as often handled by providing advice or first aid to a wounded survivor, adjusting the barricade levels as needed, and making revivification runs.
We want to help survivors, well, survive. Our group is not designed as a strike team, or centered around some specific building or suburb. Members of the MFD seek to hold ourselves to a higher standard and to be vocal in our communities. Organizing around Fire Stations gives us regular points of contact in every suburb, and the concept of the Fire Department, as trained First Responders and emergency professionals, should give everyone we interact with generally the right idea about what we represent.
- Support each other.
- Render whatever assistance or support you can to other MFD personnel in your area. If you are in the same or adjacent suburbs, stay in touch and be ready to help.
- Providing First Aid.
- Although you should keep one FAK for your own emergency use, you should try to keep a few kits on hand to aid survivors. This doesn't necessarily mean keeping everyone at full health, but rather curing infections, stabilizing survivors who are critically wounded (<25HP), and helping unfortunate souls who are trapped outside survive until they get enough AP to find shelter.
- Checking for breaches.
- Check safehouses in your area, particularly Fire Stations of course, to see if they have been breached. This can be a key support function! Alert the tenants that there are zombies inside (yes, this makes a difference), close the doors, erect a minimal barricade and do what you can to drop the zombies. Always finish by tossing out the bodies before seeking more secure shelter.
- Repair Damaged Buildings.
- Ensure that ransacked buildings are repaired and cleared of zombies and dead bodies. It is important to keep buildings in functioning order so that survivors can search for items.
- Adjusting barricades.
- Lower barricades on buildings designated as VSB safehouses that become overbarricaded, and instruct tenants why they should not overbarricade, providing links to the wiki. Raise barricades on buildings where they have been dropped, with VSB safehouses getting priority.
- Keep an eye on the general zombie population in your area. Report sightings in the appropriate places (wiki, zombie tracker, area forums, etc).
- Community service announcements.
- When visiting highly populated safe houses and fire stations (containing survivors), let them know about any forums or wiki pages specific to that location or suburb, report any unusual zombie activity or numbers in the immediate area, and remind them of the appropriate barricade level for that building. Make sure to let them know that the MFD is providing the helpful information and urge Firefighters to report in.
- Tag buildings.
- Fire Stations should have some version of our standard recruitment phrase, such as "Make zeds kiss your Axe, join the MFD! (see wiki)". Other buildings can be tagged with useful information (barricade level, location of closest revive point, etc) and just sign the tag -MFD.
- Try not to be shy. Let people know you are with the Malton Fire Department. Encourage Fire Fighters to report in, providing the URL. If you aren't the talkative type, just provide the URL for the forum and let them know people here will be happy to answer their questions. The more personnel the department has at its disposal, the more good we can do in the community!
- Maintain the wiki.
- This goes particularly to Fire Marshalls and Battalion Chiefs, who need to keep the MFD Command page up to date. But all members can help out by making sure we are listed in the description of suburbs within which we are active, link Fire Station entries to us where they are actively monitored by MFD personnel.
- Barricade Plans.
- Draw up barricade plans in accordance with the Uniform Barricading Policy for any suburbs in organized districts that do not already have one developed by active groups specific to that area.
- Work with your community.
- MFD personnel are encouraged to communicate with and assist any local community groups whose goals are congruent with Department Goals and Guidelines. We are not in this alone! History shows that Fire Departments that work with their communities are far more successful in meeting their objectives than those that try to work solo. Additionally, as a Malton-wide organization, we have the opportunity to help bring like minded groups together on projects. Working as a team we can accomplish great things!
- Respect Sacred Ground
- We support the Sacred Ground Policy, and members must consider cemeteries functional Revivification Points. While it is still recommended to only revive those that have placed a request, zombies on these locations should not be attacked.
The MFD and Bounty Hunting
The spirit of the MFD reflects the spirit of the fire-fighters we used to be before the outbreak. We are the ones our fellow survivors and colleagues can count on to provide a safe haven. We come to the rescue when they are in dire straits. Our aim is to save lives, not take them.
Where the services of the Malton Police Department and, in particular, the Malton Marshals include law enforcement, hunting down murderers (otherwise known as Pkers) is not one of our goals. We have a tradition of fighting fires, not criminals.
Please note however that our firemen and women are trained to claim bounties if necessary, and that they are not prohibited from taking out a murderer if they are confronted with excessive violence against themselves or their fellow fire-fighters.
Joining the MFD
Splitting zombie skulls may come naturally to Axe wielding Firefighters of the MFD and is certainly gratifying; but it's hard work. It has to be, we believe in earning our beer! So Firefighters, make zeds kiss your Axe, join the MFD! -Alex DeWitt
The Malton Fire Department is currently open to any Firefighter (i.e. you need to have the Basic Axe Proficiency skill) who does not have a record of PKing. All new members receive rigorous survival and tactics training at The Academy before receiving their first assignment. There are still more Fire Stations in Malton than active duty Firefighters, and we eventually would like a fire team in every one. Opportunities for advancement abound, apply on the Join thread! Be sure to include a link to your profile and your current location.
EMTs (Emergency Medical Technicians) are also an essential part of the MFD and provide first aid to survivors in need. They heal everyone they come across who is in need. They help the helpless and defend the weak.
Merits and Ribbons
The Department of Emergency Management has a series of DEM Merits and Ribbons it issues to members who display mastery over key skills. The ribbons can be claimed by any member with the profficiency of the skills entailed. Summary of these ribbons and the means to claim them can be found on the DEM Merits and Ribbons page.
- 1 Fire Chief (FC) - Sets MFD policy in cooperation with BCs, may assign an Assistant Fire Chief.
- 1 Assistant Fire Chief (AFC) - Works side by side with the Fire Chief and helps run the daily operations of the MFD.
- 4 Battalion Chiefs (BC) - NW, NE, SW, and SE divisions.
- 20 Fire Marshalls (FM) - Each responsible for 1 Fire District, composed of 5 suburbs.
- 100 Captains (Cpt) - Oversee each suburb, may assign Lieutenants to a Fire Station as station commanders.
- Lieutenants (Lt) / Engineers (Eng) / Firefighters (FF) - Associated with 1 of 228 Fire Stations.
Captains are granted a fair amount of latitude in how they organize their suburb and keep their crews motivated, as long as they are working in accordance with Department guidelines and respond to directives from their Fire Marshall. For more information or to see what command positions are still open, see the MFD Command page.
Fire Chief: Robbie McGregor
Assistant Fire Chief: First Responder
- Battalion Chief - NW: Firehound
- Battalion Chief - NE: Vacant
- Battalion Chief - SW: Vacant
- Battalion Chief - SE: Vacant
Former Fire Chiefs
- Alex DeWitt
- Kristi of the Dead
- John Cannonfodder
- Choppers McGee
- Robbie McGregor
Zombie Operational Guidelines - Special Department guidelines for MFD personnel during this crisis.
- Barricading of buildings shall follow already established local guidelines or published plans, where those plans are in fundamental compliance with the Uniform Barricading Policy.
- In suburbs where no barricade plan exists, MFD command for that area should endeavor to create and post one.
- Moving a safehouse.
- Safe houses are structures which are regularly monitored by MFD or affiliated personnel. These buildings are generally key resource buildings for the suburb but can be any regularly patrolled location where the barricades are strictly maintained at a designated level and survivors can have a high expectation of being healed or finding other assistance.
- When a safe house comes under siege and appears likely to fall, MFD personnel should establish the location for at least one new safe house, preferably within 6-10 blocks.
- Said safe house(s) shall be in a quadrant relatively free of infected citizens.
- Said safe house(s) shall not be barricaded to a level beyond that which was designated for the safe house(s) they are replacing.
- MFD personnel should announce the direction and distance to said safe house or (preferred) tag the directions in the sieged Safe house for others to follow. The more ... cautious may deem it worthwhile to re-tag once everyone is safely evacuated to make it more difficult for zombies to follow.
- Example: "Retreat North four blocks West three blocks"
- First Aid
- MFD personnel shall, whenever possible, maintain a minimum of one first aid pack in reserve for themselves. We cannot help others if we become victims.
- MFD Personnel shall provide First Aid to any citizen who reports feeling infected as a top priority, over other injured citizens.
- MFD Personnel shall provide First aid assistance when possible to injured citizens.
- MFD Personnel shall endeavor to maintain a supply of First Aid Kits for this purpose.
- MFD Personnel who have been properly trained, shall provide this assistance with or without request whenever they encounter a severely injured citizen.
- Revivification is to be performed only by MFD personnel trained in the protocols of the Necrotech (TM) Corporations Employee manuals.
- Infected MFD personnel are to be given priority when recognized.
- MFD personnel who find themselves likely candidates for infection should get themselves to a Fire Station prior to falling to the disease.
- When near a Fire Station, uninfected MFD personnel should look for MFD personnel
- If infected MFD personnel are found, uninfected MFD personnel shall either provide advanced care, or report the fallen firefighter on the forum.
- When near a Fire Station, uninfected MFD personnel should look for MFD personnel
|Uniform Barricading Policy Supporter|
|This User or Group supports the Uniform Barricading Policy by actively maintaining barricades according to local plan or UBP standard.|
|Sacred Ground Policy Supporter|
|This user or group supports the Sacred Ground Policy and acknowledges that all Cemeteries in the city of Malton are considered Revivification Points.|
|Pay It Forward Supporter|
|This User or Group Pays It Forward.|
Get a revive, give a revive.
DEM Groups & Other Group Affiliations
- Cops, check out the Malton Police Department.
- Want to enforce order over a broader range, striking where needed? Check out the Malton Civil Defense Unit.
See the list of groups that are part of or affiliated with the Department of Emergency Management.
Join the wiki list
Then you will appear on the list and get a category at the bottom of your userpage.
|Malton Fire Department|
|Alex DeWitt is a member of the MFD.|
|Department of Emergency Management|