|The current assignments are listed below. If you notice an area not properly updated, or have special need for updates in an area, feel free to add an assignment below. If you have an alt in the MDU, claim any assignment you like! For past assignments, see the archive.
Marking Unknown (Cyclic)
- Note that this task is currently suspended as the whole city is way out of date. Please see the temporary task above instead.
- Program timing: Ongoing/permanent. This month our task is to mark all buildings with reports from February 2018 or earlier in the center, southwest & northeast quintants unknown. This has not been completed for this month.
- Description: This is an on-wiki only task.
Each month, one quintant of the city is to be swept to replace old (more than ~4 months out of date) building statuses with "unknown". This occurs on a five-month cycle, with each radio sector (see map) being swept in turn.
This month to-mark
Not currently active
Cycle & Procedure
January 2018, June 2018, November 2018
February 2018, July 2018, December 2018
March 2018, August 2018, January 2019
April 2018, September 2018, February 2019
May 2018, October 2018, March 2019
Make sure to return the building's status to "unknown", list the last update date, and sign. For example:
Also, if you generally come across a building whose status is a few months or more out of date, you can mark it unknown, whether or not it is that quintant's turn in the cycle.
- Program timing: Ongoing/permanent.
- Description: One ongoing responsibility is to update the External Military Reports. This includes updating building- and suburb-level Danger Reports to reflect EMR information. For more, see the EMR Instructions page.
- Program timing: Beginning in the fall of 2018, MDU will be participating in the Great Suburb Group Massacre! It's been five years, and the suburb groups and radio pages need updating.
- Description: Watch this space for more on GSGM procedures and how MDU members can help out!
Recently Completed Programs
- For older assignments, see the archive.
An Unknown Emergency!!
- It's an emergency! The whole city is far out of date — 2019 is almost upon us, and 2017 statuses still swamp Malton. If only someone could help save the DangerCenter!
- Program timing: Complete!
- Description: We need to sweep the whole city in time for the start of 2019. Any building not updated in September 2018 or later should be marked unknown. This is a sweep of the whole city, so feel free to do a single suburb, block of five, or as much as you can!