An old, 1940s style "Double Feature" house.
Opened in 1945 as a place where people could come and watch the latest Serials and watch the loops on happenings in the War.
By the 70s it had become a hang out for people to come see their favorite late night films like "Night of the Living Dead' and 'The Slime People' among others.
The First Cinema in Malton to show William Castle films including 'The Tingler' with the joy buzzer attached seats.
Double Feature night every Wednesday Night.
Midnight Madness! Now Playing 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' Every Saturday Night at MIDNIGHT!
The Mounter cinema, or Mount 'Er Cinema as it is known is also renowned for attracting teenage couples from across Malton with its no light during films policy. Due to this the floors are always sticky and shoes should be worn at all times.
|This location is on the list of Amusing Locations in Malton|
Cinema Specials Features
- Midnight Madness! Now Playing 'Rocky Horror Picture Show" Every Saturday Night at MIDNIGHT!
- Double Feature night every Wednesday Night!
The Head Usher asks that survivors who take shelter here do their part to keep the barricades at Extremely Heavily Barricaded.
The Rules of The Theater
- Please be respectful of your fellow man.
- The discharge of firearms is prohibited. (Unless absolutely necessary)
- Guests should not Tag inside of the building. The Message should remain "The Best in B Movies Since 1956!"
- Keep Your Feet off the Seats.
- Do not re-tune the transmitter from 27.47.
- Outside food and drink are permitted in the Theater. Please restrict consumption of such things to the lobby and snack bar.
- Because these times are so traumatic on all of us, we must ask that all cell phones are turned off while films are running. Last thing you need is a shotgun blast to the face for talking during a cheesy film.