NPOV: This group is not affiliated with the DEM.
|Precinct for the Adjudication of Noncompliants, Clandestine Apprehension and Killer Extirpation|
|Goals:||Undercover Infiltration, Espionage and Assassination|
|Recruitment Policy:||We'll find you.|
The Precinct for the Adjudication of Noncompliants, Clandestine Apprehension and Killer Extirpation is the undercover division of the Malton Police Department, under the direction of the Department of Emergency Management. The staff of PANCAKE perform a valuable service to the people of Malton through the infiltration and sabotage of the PKer community, allowing others to focus on their core work, such as clearing buildings and barricading.
|Department of Emergency Management|
DEM Recruitment | The Academy
Goals and Guidelines
PANCAKE is a special branch of the MPD whose sole purpose is the undercover infiltration and mimicry of PKer groups. On the surface, a PANCAKE officer may appear little different from an ordinary PKing criminal. In fact, he or she is working to protect the citizens of Malton through the eventual eradication of the PKer menace.
The PANCAKE officers have permission to join any PKer group, or even to create a false group all of their own, if it furthers their mission.
PANCAKE is not listed in any of the conventional lists of DEM member groups, and the PANCAKE forum does not appear on Brainstock unless you have been approved by the Admin. Due to the undercover nature of its work, PANCAKE remains relatively unknown. If PKers knew if the existence or identity of these officers, their own lives would be in grave peril.
Officers also have permission to kill in order to help them blend in with real PKers--a carte blanche unique within the DEM. Preservation of an officer's cover is crucial to their effectiveness.
The exact method by which PANCAKE is working to eliminate the danger of PKers is a closely guarded secret. For more information, please see the protected forums.
History and Related Events
- Feb 2006 --The DEM starts their first "Do Not Revive" list.
- Mar 2006 --Firefighters and Police officers note that PKers kill more of their people than zombies do.
- early April 2006 --in light of the growing threat of PKers working in coordination, senior officers of the MPD meet with council members of the DEM to discuss drastic countermeasures. Thalarion advocates creating a Bounty Hunter branch of the MPD, a suggestion which eventually leads to the formation of the Malton Marshals.
- Some, however, feel that Bounty Hunters alone will not be enough. MFD officer Trishul suggests the formation of a sister group to the Marshals, an undercover DEM member group specifically designed to deal with the problem from within. Alex DeWitt privately assigns the task to an unknown MPD officer, who begins hand-selecting his core team from new MPD recruits.
- late April 2006 --The acronym PANCAKE is first used, albeit not publically. PANCAKE officers begin posing as PKers and joining PKer factions.
- May 2006 --the first all-PANCAKE pseudo-PKer group forms. Around the same time, PANCAKE's more visible sister group (the Malton Marshals) begins work in Malton. Also, DEMON comes online.
- June 5th 2006 --the DEM announces PKer awareness day.
- June 17th 2006 --a PKer attempts access to DEMON. DEM officials, going on information passed to them by PANCAKE agents, change the access password.
- Feb 2007 --a group calling itself V.E.N.O.M. attempts to infiltrate the MFD, the MPD, the MCDU, and various other groups. PANCAKE officers are instrumental in avoiding this threat.
- Aug 2007 --Leighton Kru, a new PKer group, manages to slip past DEM safeguards and infiltrate the organization, procuring and publicizing an out-of-date roster. As a result of this failure, the unnamed MPD officer who founded PANCAKE hands in his resignation. A former Malton Marshal, whose name is likewise not given, replaces him as Superintendent of PANCAKE.
Chain of Command
Technically, PANCAKE members are considered DISAVOWED and their names are deleted from all DEM rosters. Thus any chain of command they have, while derivative of that of the rest of the MPD, is by nature somewhat relaxed.
- The MPD Commissioner - currently Winnan
- 1 Superintendent - the anonymous fifth Superintendent (other than the Deputy Commissioner), who publically remains an MPD officer or Marshal of lesser rank, while secretly leading PANCAKE. The Superintendent reports directly to the Commissioner.
- 1 Chief of Staff - Rank equivalent to a Chief Inspector, but who also publically remains within the DEM command structure at a lesser rank. Responsible for recruiting new officers.
- 5 Senior Operatives - Rank equivalent to an Inspector. These officers are DISAVOWED, their names expunged from DEM rosters, and spend their time posing as career PKers. Each of the five Senior Operatives command a different project within PANCAKE, with some commanding entire faux-PKer groups, though which groups and what projects of course remains classified.
- 25-50 Operatives - Rank equivalent to a Sergeant These officers are DISAVOWED and their names are expunged from all DEM rosters and records. They report directly to their Senior Operative. For security reasons, they often do not know the identity of their fellow PANCAKE officers, the Chief of Staff, or the Superintendent: each Operative only knows what they need to know to complete their mission.
To fight a monster, one must become a monster.
- "I believe in something greater than myself. A better world... I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there, any more than there is for you. I'm a monster. What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done." --from the movie Serenity
Recruitment is strictly by invitation only: in short, don't call us, we'll call you. Our Chief of Staff keeps a close eye on DEM recruits graduating from The Academy, choosing those she feels would be suitable for PANCAKE work.
All new members receive rigorous survival and tactics training at The Academy before entering deep cover.
|This user will neither confirm or deny that he/she is actually a PKer in P.A.N.C.A.K.E., a PK group that was formerly the DEM's covert PKer infiltration branch.|
Although we must do so silently, we support our sister groups.
- Firefighters, check out the Malton Fire Department.
- Medics/Doctors check out the Malton Emergency Medical Sevice.
- Cops, check out the other precincts of the Malton Police Department.
- Scientists, check out the Malton Forensics Unit.
- Bounty Hunters, check out the Malton Marshals.
- Awesome people of any stripe, check out the Malton Civil Defense Unit.
|This User or Group supports PK Reporting. Don't let Player Killers get away with murder. Report them on the Rogues Gallery.|
Maintaining Police Departments
|Malton Police Departments Group|
|This user or group supports the MPDG in their attempt at restoring law and order in Malton.|