Parrott Alley

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Parrott Alley

Judgewood [16,18]

the Hamlen Monument McDonnell Library Edmund General Hospital
wasteland Parrott Alley Park Way
St. Basil's Church a warehouse the Westover Monument

Basic Info:

  • A Street is a city block containing no buildings or monuments. There are a variety of other names besides Street including Alley, Avenue, Boulevard, Drive, Grove, Lane, Row, Square, Walk, Place, etc.
  • This is an empty block, and cannot be barricaded.

Description

Parrott Alley is a street in southern Judgewood, situated between Peet Island and the suburb's central block.

History

Originally a non-descript side-street, it was named after the trader Herbert Parrott, whose descendents remained in this area until the zombie outbreak. In 1846, Parrott set up a fruit and veg stall in the middle of the road which—despite initial scepticism from locals—started to thrive, prompting other local traders to follow suit. The resulting Parrott Alley Market soon became a mainstay in Judgewood's daily life, attracting market traders and shoppers from neighbouring suburbs.

However, the market went into decline following the opening of Caiger Mall and Calvert Mall, both of which are within easy travel from the area (less than 10 blocks). Nowadays, the street is largely deserted—the only trading done here is by foolish survivors trading life for death by lingering outside too long.

The Parrott Alley Market was very successful in its day. As can be seen in this picture, Gerald Luton's hat stall was especially popular.
Personal tools
advertisements