From The Urban Dead Wiki
|Suburb of Pescodside|
|Update Pescodside's Danger Level|
|View full-city Danger Center|
|Known groups in this suburb:
Key buildings in Pescodside:
|Suburb Number: 20|
Pescodside is a suburb of Malton, located in the northeast corner of the city. Several interesting buildings and locations of note within Pescodside include the Featherstone Library [94,16], the Happy-Happy Fun-Fun Sugar Mill [90,16], the Prior Monument [99,10], and the suburb's holy trinity of churches: St. Odile's Church [94,10], St. Matthias's Church [96,12], and St. Josephine's Church [90,19].
|Short-wave Radio Info|
|The Pescodside suburb has the following active radio stations.
Freq: 26.02: North-East Malton
Before the outbreak Pescodside was known as one of Malton's more culturally-minded suburbs. This was best reflected in the "Museum Mile" which made Pescodside so popular among families in neighboring suburbs. During the outbreak, Pescodside was nearly deserted with most of its inhabitants having been evacuated by military convoy, but even with this being the case not everyone was able to flee Malton before the quarantine was in place, which in some cases included military personnel. Those soldiers and unevacuated civilians became the survivors who now populate the nearly deserted suburb.
In the months that followed groups formed from among the survivor ranks, such as the Sons of Korhal and the Friends of the Featherstone Library, which in turn helped pave the way towards providing security to survivors within the suburb. Of course at the same time threats to humanity were never far away as zombie hordes inexorably flowed into the suburb. Hordes such as the Bela Lugosi Fan Klub and the Drunken Dead marched in from the nearby desolate suburb of Dunningwood and claimed Pescodside as their own. In the ensuing battles control of the suburb changed hands many times with both survivors and zombies alike claiming victory at one time or another. Those days are well remembered and while some groups, like the Drunken Dead and Friends of the Featherstone Library, have withstood the test of time other groups have passed into memory.
The Burchell Arms Regulars, another of the suburb's oldest survivor groups, established the Otto Street revive point in May 2006, continue to sponsor the Clewett Building, and arranged a safe house network in the westside of Pescodside - lasting throughout two attacks from the Big Bash and a separate attack by the Ridleybank Resistance Front. These days, alongside the older groups, new groups vie for control within Pescodside. Among the survivors stand the Pescodside Defense Alliance, Dante's Guard, and Metal Fox. While among the undead the Dead Animals - Redux are currently the only local zombie group. In the wake of larger zombie hordes, like the Militant Order of Barhah and Mall Tour '07, all the survivor groups, both new and old, have been successful in re-establishing survivor dominance in this area. However, the area is now under attack as the most recent target of this year's Big bash. Casualties are beginning to slowly climb as the death tolls are seeming to have a snowball effect. If you visit the suburb, remember, it's always nice to EHB when you visit a neighbor!
The Pescodside Building Information Center contains status reports and updates on key buildings in the suburb.
Mermagen Street [94,14] was opened as one of the very first revive points in the suburb, and was patrolled and serviced by the Sons of Korhal. When the Sons disbanded the location fell under the management of the Pescodside Defense Alliance (PDA) who maintain it to this day in cooperation with NecroTech staff based out of the Waish building. This was followed by The Burchell Arms Regulars who have declared Otto Street [91,16] as a revive point maintained by their group.
The revivication point at Huddlestone Square has been closed down again after the destruction of the Malton Carabinieri. NecroTech research staff at the Waish building stated it would be a waste of resources to keep up another revive point so close to the facility's own Mermagen Street.
On a more historical note, one of the oldest revive points in Pescodside was located at Sirl Plaza [93,10] and was monitored by NecroTech staff stationed at the Waish Building, but since March 2006 it was officially declared inactive. This was in no small part due to the fact that often bored Dulston survivors from Pegrum Place PD would attack zombies awaiting revival at Sirl Plaza making it too hazardous a location.
Place most recent news at the top (& sign your posts!)
Please keep news entries NPOV for this suburb page.
- This is not a place to discuss tactics, call for help, or to give orders: use the talk page.
- This is not the place to talk up your own group, or badmouth an enemy: use the talk page or your own group page.
- This is not the place for reporting your own death or requesting a revive.
- This is the place for neutrally worded reports on the actual situation in the suburb.
- Any entry which doesn't follow these rules should be moved to the talk page, or at least the offending part.
News more than one month old can be found in the news archive.
25.96 MHz: "... streets are looking clear in Pescodside ... a lot of buildings with lights on ... infrastructure looks intact ... power's on at the Clewett Building ... the Waish Building is in bad shape ..." --UroguyTMZ 02:48, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
25.96 MHz: "... looking quiet in Pescodside ... several buildings with power ... only a few buildings damaged ... the Waish Building has lights on ... the Clewett Building has definitely fallen ..." --UroguyTMZ 02:59, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
- Featherstone Wargame Society - The Featherstone Library and members of the Friends of the Featherstone Library would like to invite all strategy gamers to join them for their weekly wargame sessions. New survivors will learn basic tactics they may one day serve them in real life, that is, if they acquire troops, tanks, artillery, and air support. And for those not keen on gaming, drop by the library and read a book. Have you read a book today?
- Sugar?... Sugar!... SUGAR!! - Tired? Not finding you have enough energy to survive these days? Well then come on down to the Happy-Happy Fun-Fun Sugar Mill! Children and adults of all ages love sugar, and our patented HH-brand raw red sugar is all-natural thanks to our (legally unpatented) secret recipe. So remember, bring all your children to the mill for a day of fun, why, kids might have so much fun that they may never want to leave*...
- *DISCLAIMER: The HH Company is not held liable for any missing children. Parents are asked to monitor their children at all times unless distracted by our helpful staff.
- The "Museum Mile" - Few suburbs in Malton can boast 6 museums, but Pescodside certainly can. Along with the Pepperell, Nurley, and Masters Museums in nearby Dulston, the Backholer, Sunderland, Keats, and Margetts Museums together form the famous "Museum Mile" which runs from north to south along the west side of the two suburbs. So why not take the day off to relax and visit a museum for a day of culture and education.
While not enforced, the Pescodside Barricade Plan is supported by survivors groups within the suburb. As a precaution survivors are advised to review the plan and be aware of potential barricade levels throughout Pescodside. If the barricades at a specific location do not match the plan survivors have the right to lower them, but should know that lowering barricades may draw ire from survivors at that location - especially in the west, where the Burchell Arms Regulars have established and kept to a long term local barricade plan for the area.