Polwhiele Way Fire Station
|Polwhiele Way Fire Station
|Polwhiele Way Fire Station|
"You are standing outside Polwhiele Way Fire Station, a small red-brick building surrounded by burnt-out cars."
Uniform Barricading Policy suggests that since the Fire Station is an essential resource building, it should be barricaded to Very Strongly Barricaded +2 (which means, barricade it up unto the point where it says "further barricading will prevent people from entering" and stop so that people without free running can still enter). --Alice Cuinn 07:03, 4 June 2007 (BST)
Polwhiele Way Fire Station was founded in 1850 after a string of highly publicised fireworks displays caused extensive fire damage in central Greentown. It took 5 days of firefighting to extinguish the blaze, and involved tremendous effort by the suburb's residents. After the fire, the residents decided to turn one of the sole surviving buildings, a dilapidated and long-abandoned storefront, into the new PWFS. As many people had been left jobless as a result of the fire, they picked up employment in the new station and began their work of repairing and fireproofing the town.
It didn't take long before Polwhiele Way Fire Station earned a reputation as the least professional and most corrupt fire station in Greentown. Captain Pepper, the head of the station, was known to bring in vagrants off the street to entertain him while he sat at his desk. With poor leadership, the rest of the squad began to engage in similar antics, paying homeless people to spray each other's faces with firehose for the entertainment of the firefighters.
The store which stood before the Fire Station was founded once belonged to the once-famous worldwide adventurer, Professor Participle, and many of his curiosities and antiquities were still littered around the building. By 1856, most of these priceless artefacts had been used for partying and entertainment devices, giving the PWFS firefighters the dubious legacy of having destroying centuries of European history and even resulting in a small outbreak of Bubonic plague within central Greentown.
Once word got out of the outbreak, the Mayor of Malton boarded up the main wing of the station, and only the reception area remained operational for the next 50 years.
Ironically, it was burnt down by the Great Fire of 1912, as the firemen were off defending the two schools to the North. They both burnt down, and as the demoralized firefighters left off to home, they forgot about their workplace.
Polwhiele Way Fire Station would remain boarded up until the outbreak. Despite this, it found continued use by the homeless of Malton, who would often break in and give each other showers with the firehose.
09/21/2010 You are in your safehouse at Polwhiele Way Fire Station. The building has been extremely heavily barricaded.
Somebody has spraypainted Know the truth and be set free onto a wall.