South Blythville [23, 74]
In 1913 during the rebuilding of South Blythville after the Great Fire of 1912, local Pornstar/Town Selectman Scotw who was the Chairman of the South Blythville Cultural Society based out of the Dingley Library suggested building a great public building to house various government agencies at Rome Grove hoping to inspire the depressed populace by comparing the local government and citizens to that of the great Roman empire. The contract to construct the great structure was awarded to a incompetent firm based out of The Hebditch Building in nearby North Blythville because of a bidding process that was tainted by a bribe of 10,000 pounds of watermelons to Scotw. After no public discussion, it was decided to build a replica of the great Roman Parthenon because of the existing street name of Rome Grove.
After construction, a huge grand opening ceremony was planned and children from Lutterell Place School performed the famous Shakespearian play Julius Caesar at the steps of the building. Gladiatorial fights and chariot races were staged and the whole area was in tribute to ancient Rome and citizens dressed up in togas for a week to commemorate the building, it was a huge finical boom for the area and people from all corners of Malton flocked to the area to be a part of the festivities.
It all came to an abrupt end when the famous Swiss Ophthalmologist Johann Friedrich Horner who was vacationing in the area, pointed out that the great Parthenon was not built in Rome, but was actually built somewhere in Greece. Citizens were dumbfounded how such a colossal historical mistake was made and when the corrupt bidding process was uncovered, everyone called for the head of Scotw. Wanting revenge for his corruption and allowing the wasting of public funds, he was dragged to Rome Grove by a mob and was forced into a pillory which was a public humiliation device, and pelted with watermelons for a week.
Due to the negative perception of the building, few government agencies wanted to move inside, making the building largely vacant with the exception of the Center for Disease Control which is still active in the area trying to find a cure to the zombie plague.
Today the building is a sore reminder to the citizens of South Blythville of the corruption of government.