Seear Auto Repair

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Mall-ruined-small.jpg

Seear Auto Repair
Ruined. Update courtesy of The Dead
JAZED (talk) 04:55, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
Seear Auto Repair

Molebank [10,43]

Caff Road School The Pankhurst Building Wadden Boulevard
Hawtrey Alley Seear Auto Repair Emms Walk
Ruggevale Walk Police Dept Bere Towers Riste Alley

Basic Info:

  • Auto Repair shops have no internal descriptions.
  • Auto Repairs can be barricaded normally.

Description

Seear Auto Repair is an auto repair shop located at [10,43] in the suburb of Molebank on the west border.

History

As the oldest auto repair shop in Molebank, Seear's has quite the history. Founded in 1917 by John Oh'Seear, an Irish immigrant like many others in Molebank, it provided auto repair and fuel services to Molebank, Owsleybank and several other surrounding suburbs for the better part of the 20th century. Somewhere between 1930 and 1940, the "Oh'" fell of the roof of the shop, and since nobody ever bothered to replace them, the place became known as "Seears'" and later on simply "Seear". When Sean Oh'Seear inherited the auto repair shop in 1947, he soon realized it wouldn't be the only one around for long, as the car industry boomed. He renovated Seear Auto Repair, making it the official company name, and invested in two more shops: Blockwood Auto Repair in Molebank and Howard Auto Repair in Owsleybank.

Ever expanding their business, the Oh'Seear family opened garages and auto repair shops all across the west of Malton for the next 50 years, as well as offices in the Croswell and the Goode Building next to Howard Auto Repair in Owsleybank. By the time of the outbreak, they owned a modest, but thriving business empire.

After the outbreak, Seear Auto Repair started decaying fast, but some memorabilia of its finest days may still be found there.

AquaBarricade.jpg Barricading policy

Seear Auto Repair is to be kept Extremely Heavily Barricaded at all times.
If you're looking for an entry point and don't want to waste any AP, take a look at the Molebank Barricade Plan.
If you're looking for nearby Revive Points, take a look at the list.
Note:This advice is according to the local barricading plan, and may vary from the UBP or locally developped plans.
For more info on barricade plans, click here or take a look at this location's suburb page.

Post-Outbreak History

  • February 27, 2010- Seear Auto Repair is being repaired itself. The irony.
  • July 15, 2010- A peaceful passerby notes that the building is safe and occupied by several survivors.
  • August 28, 2010- External Military Radio reported the suburb's infrastructure is intact.
  • November 1, 2010- According to One of the Revanchists, the Auto Repair shop can still be considered safe.
  • November 5, 2010- A highranking member of the RRF declares they have breached the building's barricades and ruined it.
  • March 14, 2011- Seear Auto Repair is reported to be clear of danger.
  • May 6, 2011- The entire neighborhood is reported to be in shambles.
  • June 18, 2011- The same reporter sends word that after several days of ongoing attacks, the building has fallen and is in ruins.
  • July 6, 2011- The premises are safe for survivors.
  • August 12, 2011- A barely literate source declares Seear Auto Repair has fallen back into ruins.
  • September 18, 2011- The area is declared safe, with only a few undead wandering nearby, and remains so for over a year.
  • September 27, 2012- For the first time in over a year, the undead hordes have laid waste to Seear Auto Repair.
  • December 14, 2012- A MEMS official reports that the building has be reclaimed by the living and is safe.µ
  • June 3, 2013- Seear Auto Repair is reported to be safe and well lit.
  • May 29, 2014- While the lights are still on, PyroSadist reported several undead roaming the area.
  • March 10, 2015- The auto repair shop has been ruined once again.
  • August 17, 2015- Nosewings has visited the building, apparently there are Very Heavy Barricades set up to keep the undead at bay. Later that day, he witnessed a zombie attack on the premises, but the barricades seemed to be holding.
  • December 21, 2015- It wasn't meant to last: zombies have broken through and the place is in ruines. According to reports, the building has been empty and destroyed for almost a week...
  • May 17, 2016- No reports have come in for some time now. Someone should go take a look.



Personal tools
advertisements