St. Boniface's Hospital (Santlerville)
|St. Boniface's Hospital
|St. Boniface's Hospital|
There are two hospitals bearing the name St. Boniface's Hospital in the city of Malton. This article is about St. Boniface's Hospital [78,28] in the suburb of Santlerville, in the North East section of the city.
St. Boniface's Hospital is the hospital for the resident's of SE Santlerville. It used to be a beautiful white-stoned building, with marbled statues and colonnades. Unfortunately, in post-apocalyptic, zombie-infested Malton, the stone is fire damaged and covered in gore and the statues have long toppled. But one thing has not changed and that is that if you need medical attention, this is a good place to come and get it.
St. Boniface's Hospital was a thriving, active community Hospital the served residents in the local area before the outbreak and it continues to be so long after it too.
|Malton Hospitals Group|
|This user or group supports MHG in their attempt to restore health care in Malton.|
|This location has been determined as a high priority for a generator.|
The Santlerville Barricade Policy designed by the Dribbling Beavers provides that this building should be barricaded and maintained at EHB. This is a permissible local plan deviation from the Uniform Barricade Plan, under which Hospitals are classified as essential buildings that should never be barricaded above VSB+2 except in emergencies.
If you do not have free running and require access to medical treatment or supplies, then St. Columbanus's Hospital, located 4 blocks West and 4 blocks North is the Hospital to visit. As the principal Hospital of Santlerville, St. Columbanus's Hospital is a designated entry point kept at VSB+2 to allow everyone access.
In addition, Sixtus General Hospital, located 4 blocks west and 2 blocks south in the suburb of Heytown is also usually maintained at VSB+2 as it is the entry point for Dowdney Mall. However, this building is sometimes raised to EHB in times of zombie attack. Please check the status of the Hospital before you go there so that you do not end up stranded outside.
|UBP-Compliant Barricade Plan|
|This location is designated to be barricaded at EHB(+4) under the Santlerville Barricade Plan.|
The Local Area
Nearby Tactical Resources
St. Boniface's Hospital is fortunate to be close to several other tactical resource points:
- Nearest Hospital is this location
- Nearest Mall is 2 only blocks West: the NE corner Dowdney Mall at [76,28] and can be easily accessed via The Anthony Building
- Nearest NecroTech Building is 3W, 3N away, The Hall Building at [75,25]
- Nearest Auto Repair Shop is the adjacent Popham Auto Repair, just 1S at [78,29]
- Nearest Police Department is 4W, 4S away, Chaffey Alley Police Department in the suburb of Heytown at [74,32]. Alternatively, Cotterrell Crescent Police Department, in our own suburb is 6 blocks North and is also a designated Entry Point maintained at VSB+2
Local Affiliations and Groups
The Hospital is fortunate to be looked after by several groups that actively staff, barricade and maintain the Hospital as part of their base or patrol zone.
- St. Boniface's Hospital is very thankful for the protection and help of The Dribbling Beavers of Santlerville for their dedication to keeping the Hospital powered and defended.
- The Hospital forms part of the "Citadel" for the group, the Sons of Abraham who diligently maintain this Hospital as well as the surrounding buildings as part of their extended base of operations. This ensures that St. Boniface's Hospital remains in survivor hands, and also remains the premier Health-care trust in SE Santlerville.
Necrotech and Revivification
Note: Please see the respective wiki pages for information on how to request a revive as these points are generally reserved for Group members and allies. If you do end up waiting for an extended period of time for a revive, then please make your way to The Finch Monument at [76, 24], just 2W, 4N as this is the principal revive point for Santlerville, has very quick turn-arounds and is open to all.
Please respect the sacred ground rules for revive points in that Zombies waiting to be revived and survivors (either passing or doing the reviving) will not attack each other on this monument block revive point. Revive points are watched and transgressions will not go unpunished.
Zombies at any revive point will be DNA scanned and those discovered with Brain Rot are likely to be killed on sight. Revivification can be faster by either posting a message in the forums of the local groups running the revive point.
St. Boniface's Hospital is maintained by several groups and is virtually guaranteed to be barricaded, powered, fuelled, staffed and have a radio installed. Only in times of siege may the Hospital status fluctuate. Though because this is such an important building, any damage is quickly repaired. There is usually a good crowd of people inside and the proximity to Dowdney Mall lends extra security from being so close to such a large survivor population.
Here follows a list of available Hospital facilities and treatments, please note that it does depend on the current Hospital status (it is difficult to serve patients when the staff themselves are (un)dead). This is a provisional star-rating based on spot checks and under-cover Hospital visits by the Hospital Inspector.
Health and Safety
This Hospital operates to the following set of health and safety standards set by the Malton Hospitals Group:
- Try to keep this Hospital powered and fuelled at all times.
- Keep this Hospital Zombie-free, they tend to eat the patients.
- Repair barricade damage when possible, keep at EHB.
- Keep at least one doctor in this Hospital.
- Nobody is low priority. We're all in this together; the Level-1 starter you save today could be the one to headshot the Zombie chewing on your arm a few months later.
- If there are staff to spare, make local ambulance runs to support survivors outside the Hospital.
- Keep a radio inside the building, and please transmit on the local frequency, 26.06 MHz.
Healing in times of Siege
In times of heavy siege, first aid kits can become scarce and so this is the order for healing patients, should things begin to look dire. Please adhere to this plan:
- Heal those infected by zombie bites first
- Heal active players (especially if they have just killed a Zombie)
- Heal those with less than 25HP so they are not targeted as "wounded" by zombies
- Heal those with less than 13HP so they cannot be dragged out into the street should the barricades come crashing down.
Staff are expected to heal and fight until they have only a few reserve AP for escape to nearby safe-houses.
Visitors and patients who are known to be Player Killers, Generator Killers or Radio Killers will be warned and closely monitored. Hospital staff are at liberty to insist such people leave should they begin causing trouble (by taunting or attacking). Failing this, physical removal will occur. Please be assured this is only if there is trouble. Those with KOS bounty status will be killed on sight.
The Hospital staff have the right to work in a safe, zombie free environment without the fear of humans turning against them too. This Hospital policy will be enforced.
Patient visiting hours are between 10:00am and 12:00pm or 5:00pm and 7:00pm. Please do not feed (yourself) to the undead. Thank you.
Remember, the white zone is for loading and unloading only. There is no parking in the Red Zone.
Please do not use the revive point as parking if you are visiting Dowdney Mall. Thank you.