St. Columbanus's Hospital (Santlerville)
|St. Columbanus's Hospital (EP)
|St. Columbanus's Hospital|
There are three hospitals with the name, St. Columbanus's Hospital in the city of Malton. This page refers to St. Columbanus's Hospital [74, 24] in the suburb of Santlerville, in the North-East part of the city.
From the outside, St. Columbanus's Hospital is a tall, concrete building, with a large, paved plaza (that can become littered with dead bodies). On the inside, it has long, dark corridors that lead off to abandoned wards.
|Malton Hospitals Group|
|This user or group supports MHG in their attempt to restore health care in Malton.|
Don't let the gloomy description of this Hospital discourage you though. St. Columbanus's Hospital is at the heart of Santlerville and is full of bustling activity as it is the heal base for some of the groups in the local area. There is always a good crowd inside. Infrequently, it can become full of the undead too, but this this is just a minor inconvenience.
St. Columbanus's Hospital is at the centre of the suburb of Santlerville. The Hospital is well guarded and actively maintained and is a hive of activity for the local residents and groups. This does not mean that life is boring as the Hospital is also an Entry Point and occasionally targeted by passing zombies. In addition, the adjacent Necrotech Facility and nearby Dowdney Mall means that it sees its fair share of the undead when they come to town.
|This location has been determined as a high priority for a generator.|
In accordance with the Santlerville Barricade Policy, this site is to be kept at Very Strongly Barricaded (VSB+2), in order to permit entry by rookies and those needing Free Running access. In the event of heavy zombie activity, barricades may be temporarily upgraded to EHB, but should be lowered back to VSB as soon as possible thereafter.
|UBP-Compliant Barricade Plan|
|This location is designated to be barricaded at VSB(+2) under the Santlerville Barricade Plan.|
In Case of Over-barricading
If this location becomes over-barricaded, please report the Hospital's status to The Dribbling Beaver's Barricade Reporting thread, note you do not need a forum account to post.
Other Entry Points near St. Columbanus's Hospital include:
- The junkyard [71, 22], which is 2N, 3W of this Hospital
- The Anthony Building at [77, 27], which is 3S, 3E of this Hospital
- Cotterrell Crescent Police Department [78, 22], which is 2N, 4E of this Hospital. Please note this Entry Point is not connected to St. Columbanus's Hospital by free-running lanes.)
Nearby Tactical Resources
St. Columbanus's Hospital is fortunate to be close to several Tactical Resource Buildings:
- Nearest Mall is our very own Dowdney Mall [75,28], [76,28], [75,29], [76,29] (the NW corner is just 1E, 4S), in this very suburb. Please refer to the wiki page for Dowdney Mall for the list of Mall Entry Points
- Nearest Fire Station is Burrough Row Fire Station [71, 26] a trip of 3W 2S. This Fire Station serves as the head quarters for the NE division of the Malton Fire Department.
- Nearest Necrotech is the adjacent Hall Building, just 1SE at [75, 25] for revivification syringes
- Nearest Police Department is the Cotterrell Crescent Police Department at [78,22], a trip of 4E, 2N for ammunitions. This is also a designated Entry Point and kept at VSB+2.
- Nearest Bar is the Knight Arms [72, 22] just a short trip of 2NW and perhaps a longer stagger back, hey, Doctors need a break too. The Knight Arms is run by the fine brewsmen of The Burchell Arms Regulars.
Local Affiliations and Groups
Being at the heart of Santlerville also means being at the the heart of the local groups operating the suburb. St. Columbanus's Hospital would like like to give The Dribbling Beavers and The Burchell Arms Regulars a huge thanks for diligent and active maintenance of this Hospital. With their help, St. Columbanus's Hospital is a 5-star class Hospital (when filled with the living).
Also in the area are the Beatbox kids who do a commendable job of clearing the area of Zombies using their boom boxes, beats and shotguns. There are also a number of newly established groups such as the Malton Music Industry, we hope they show off some of their amazing music soon.
Necrotech and Revivification
Should you need revivification, there is an actively maintained revive point 2E of the Hospital at The Finch Monument. Please respect the sacred ground rules for revive points in that Zombies waiting to be revived and survivors (either passing or doing the reviving) will not attack each other on this monument block revive point. This revive point is watched and transgressions will not go unpunished. The newly revived are advised to make their way to St. Columbanus's Hospital to restock on medical supplies.
Zombies at The Finch Monument revive point will be DNA scanned and those discovered with Brain Rot are likely to be killed on sight. Revivification can be faster by either posting a message in the forums of the local groups running the revive point, or by placing your request on the Finch Monument Talk Page.
St. Columbanus's Hospital staff make revive runs to The Finch Monument as part of the Hospital portfolio of treatments.
St. Columbanus's Hospital is the central Hospital of the suburb and deserves its 5-star rating for the consistently large crowd of survivors inside. The Hospital is virtually guaranteed to be correctly barricaded, powered, fuelled and have a radio installed. Only in times of siege may the Hospital status fluctuate. Though because this is such an important building, any damage is quickly repaired.
Here follows a list of available Hospital facilities and treatments, please note that it does depend on the current Hospital status (it is difficult to serve patients when the staff themselves are (un)dead).
Health and Safety
This Hospital operates to the following set of health and safety standards set by the Malton Hospitals Group:
- Try to keep this Hospital powered and fueled at all times.
- Keep this Hospital Zombie-free, they tend to eat the patients.
- Repair barricade damage when possible, keep at VSB+2.
- Keep at least one doctor in this Hospital.
- Nobody is low priority. We're all in this together; the Level-1 starter you save today could be the one to headshot the Zombie chewing on your arm a few months later.
- If there are staff to spare, make local ambulance runs to support survivors outside the Hospital.
- Keep a radio inside the building, and please transmit on the local frequency, 26.06 MHz.
Healing in times of Siege
In times of heavy siege, first aid kits can become scarce and so this is the order for healing patients, should things begin to look dire. Please adhere to this plan:
- Heal those infected by zombie bites first
- Heal active players (especially if they have just killed a Zombie)
- Heal those with less than 25HP so they are not targeted as "wounded" by zombies
- Heal those with less than 13HP so they cannot be dragged out into the street should the barricades come crashing down.
Staff are expected to heal and fight until they have only a few reserve AP for escape to nearby safe-houses.
Visitors and patients who are known to be Player Killers, Generator Killers or Radio Killers will be warned and closely monitored. Hospital staff are at liberty to insist such people leave should they begin causing trouble (by taunting or attacking). Failing this, physical removal will occur. Please be assured this is only if there is trouble. Those with KOS bounty status will be killed on sight.
The Hospital staff have the right to work in a safe, zombie free environment without the fear of humans turning against them too. This Hospital policy will be enforced.
Patient visiting hours are between 10:00am and 12:00pm or 5:00pm and 7:00pm. Please do not feed (yourself) to the undead. Thank you.
We hope you have a pleasant and welcome stay at St. Columbanus's Hospital, get well soon