St. Dionysius's Hospital
(54,10) (bic) (statuses) (update)St. Dionysius's Hospital
Soccerfan667 (talk) 12:29, 4 November 2021 (UTC)
|St Dionysius's Hospital
Millen Hills [54,10]
St Dionysius's Hospital is in the suburb of Millen Hills, situated at the coordinates [54,10].
Founded towards the turn of the 20th century, mostly funded with the inheritance of the radical peer Lord Holborn, St. Dionysius's Hospital began its days as a humble refuge for those still suffering the wounds of the Second Boer War. Its fortunes soon changed, however, upon the entry of the United Kingdom into the Great War in 1914, as its location, far from the capital, allowed it to safely house wounded officers without fear. Never a particularly crowded hospital, several monied officers found themselves recieving a great deal more care than they had anticipated, and the hospital emerged from the confict with a new fleet of patrons, with large collective coffers.
Since then, the wealth of St. Dionysius's has allowed it to remain on the forefront as reagrds medical research, becoming one of the great teaching hospitals of its time. However, its chief claim to fame before the outbreak, and perhaps its most unique feature, was its acquisition of a MRI machine usually reserved for zoological and veterinary usage - a tribute to its then-chief of medicine's rotund wife, who felt it embarrassed her and other... portly patients too greatly to require a trip to the City Zoo whenever body scans were needed. Since the outbreak, though, this machine has sine disappeared - perhaps torn apart by the relentless dead, perhaps put to nefarious use by either local murders and butchers, or overly inquisitive minds.
According to the barricade plan, this hospital is to be barricaded up to VSB+2 only. This is to ensure that survivors without free running may seek refuge within the walls of the hospital.
If anything is to happen to the Hospital, regarding it's defence, refuge can be taken in the police station located below. A large defence force is almost always on hand to defend.
Note: as of December 20th, 2009 (and probably at least a week before), this hospital is gutted along with the police station one block away. There is no defense force so to speak ... in fact I may the only active survivor in a two block radius labouring to revive and rebuild this area. --OO Willie 23:44, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
Note: Hospital and surrounding buildings are operational again and should the hospital fall survivors can seek refuge in the surrounding buildings, however there is NO organised defence force.--Lee Richards 17:15, 30 January 2010 (GMT)
October 25th, 2013 The hospital is safe, at EHB and lit with a few survivors inside. -Karraghlikeskoalas 20:03, 25 October 2013 (BST)
January 30th, 2010 Hospital has been repaired and caded to ehb and a generator installed. There are currently 13 survivors in the hospital itself and probably about a dozen or so in the surrounding buildings. The only zeds in the immediate area are the 5 zeds outside the Rowe building. Hospital is safe and there are people on hand to provide healing to anyone who needs it. --Lee Richards 17:12, 30 January 2010 (GMT)
- (December 20th, 2009) hospital and surrounding buildings are all ruined with no active survivors except myself. It's a ghost town here and I am labouring to build a free-run corridor to this hospital before rebuilding and powering ... maybe I won't get eaten before all this is done. --OO Willie 23:44, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
- (July 31st, 2009) Hospital back up and running. People have taken refuge again and it is safe.
- (January 16th, 2009) The hospital was broken into and completely ransacked and ruined. There might still be some mobs of zombies there.
- (January 6th, 2009) The hospital is up and runing again, and people have graciously donated med-kits for the hospital. Everyone can now get in, as we all decided to keep it at Very Strongly Barricaded. Come on in if you need a med-kit.
- (January 3rd, 2009) The last of the barricades were broken down today. No more EHB. The building was attacked by a few zombies, but, we killed them before they could attack anyone. St. Dionysius's hospital isn't safe anymore. We have finally run out of med-kits, due to the swarm of people trying to find a med-pack before they die of infection. Avoid the hospital. It is no longer considered a safe refuge for traveling survivors.
- (January 2nd, 2009) The factory to the southwest of St. Dionysius's hospital went dark. Doctors are all gone. No Nurses. A portable generator has been set up, but most of the building is still in ruins. Med-kits are running dangerously low.
- (September 4, 2008) - The zeds have broken in, infected many of the hospital staff and patients. The lights are out, but the doors have been secured.
- (August 27, 2008) - Although there's only a few zombies outside, both the Hospital and the Powlett Police Station are EHB. Way to go, guys.
- (June 12, 2008) - The barricades were rebuilt to Very Strongly and only one zombie is outside. --Hippo Cloud 03:57, 12 June 2008 (BST)
- (June 11, 2008) - The hospital is only lightly barricaded, there are 6 zombies surrounding it. Strong survivors should head there to fight off the small horde. --Hippo Cloud 20:59, 11 June 2008 (BST)
- (April 24, 2008) - The hospital has been reclaimed from the zeds, more survivors are needed to defend the area and to retake the PD.
- (March 23, 2008) - Powlett has fallen to The Dead, we are probably next!
- (February 16, 2008) - Hospital's barricades are crushed due to numerous zombie attacks. People are sheltering at the police station to the south.
- (March 12, 2006) - This page up and running.