Stott Cinema

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Mall-unknown-small.jpg

Stott Cinema
Last updated February 2018
Danger Updater MDUDC 15:27, 20 December 2018 (UTC)
Stott Cinema

Whittenside [82, 95]

a factory a factory the Beagly Hotel
the Phelips Museum Stott Cinema a warehouse
Agapitus General Hospital Greensill Lane a warehouse

Basic Info:

  • Cinemas are "shrouded in darkness" when unpowered.
  • Cinemas are Dark buildings.
  • In the presence of a fuelled portable generator, a Cinema's flavor text will change to one of the following:
    • "…a black-and-white drama film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…a recent horror film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…an old horror film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…a black-and-white documentary film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…a recent drama film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…a dramatic science-fiction film still looping silently on its main screen."
    • "…a black-and-white science-fiction film playing on its main screen."

Stott Cinema

Description

The cinema still holds many of the rigid and plain qualities of a warehouse, despite the many renovations over the decades. The interior of the building has several concession stands and old movie posters, now wrinkled and discolored over time. There are three floors. The main floor is the lobby, the floor above has three theaters and the floor below has three theaters, including a small game arcade across from the concession stand.

Stott Cinema was, at a time, the HQ of The British Relief Force (as well as the factory above it and the hospital) in their efforts to stabilize the turmoil in Fort Perryn.

It later became home to a small group of survivors who called themselves Team Monkey.

History

Stott Cinema is a movie theater located among Whittenside's industrial district. The building used to be a warehouse in the early 20th century but was renovated in 1945 and turned into cinema in an attempt to attract visitors from the Phelips Museum next door. The owner of the cinema, a successful Scottish businessman by the name of Andrew Stott, sold the cinema after business began to dwindle. It was renovated again in 1954 by its new owner Gerard Jackson, who decided not to change the name of the cinema after Andrew Stott commited suicide in 1953. The Stott Cinema reopened in 1955 with the premiere of the movie, "The Return of the Chimps!". It has since been remembered as the cinema where 'those poorly trained chimpanzees flung their feces at the audience'.

Barricade Policy

According to the Whittenside Barricade Plan this building should be kept at VSB+2.

Current Status

Completely ruined. Doors have been secured, two zombies stand outside.--Atlas Aztlan 04:12, 27 May 2010 (BST)

Ruined with 1 zombie inside. --Guise Guyington 01:54, 21 August 2009 (BST)



LocationsStub.png This page, Stott Cinema, is a locations stub. Please help us to improve the wiki by contributing to this page. Be sure the following information is added to the page: coordinates, suburb, 9 block map (or 16 block map for large buildings), description, barricading policy, and history. Please refer to the Location Style Guide.
Personal tools
advertisements