Suggestion:20070720 Petrol Bombs
|This suggestion has finished voting and has been moved to Peer Rejected.|
20070720 Petrol Bombs
Chris Field 22:32, 20 July 2007 (BST)
Item Suggestion scope
All players Suggestion description
(Forgive me if one or two things about the game may be off, I’m still fairly new to the game)
In Malton, we don’t have a variety of weapon types (Assult rifles, thrown weapons, etc.). We have plenty of suggestions for assult rifles, but I’m going to be describing a thrown weapon. In various media, you see how fire does not normally deter a zombie. But what’s not to say that the fire isn’t hurting the zombie? My suggestion, is that we add Petrol Bombs to Malton. For example, you throw a Petrol Bomb, and it has a 10% chance of directly hitting a zombie. If it directly hits, 4 damage is done to the zombie, with 1 HP taken off for every zombie’s action. If it misses, it hits the ground, and creates a fire (With a 10% chance of hitting) and if a zombie comes into contact with said fire, 1 HP is taken off for every zombie’s action. If a zombie on fire attacks a human, 2+ damage is added on to each hit from the zombie. Now, this also affects survivors. If a survivor is hit directly with the Petrol Bomb, 8 damage is done to them (Although as they are human, and naturally more agile than a zombie, the Bomb has a 5% chance of hitting). If a fire is created, and a human comes into contact with said fire (5% chance, as humans will recognize and avoid fire), 2 HP is taken off for every action. The fires will be seen, however, and if you are standing outside a building, in the description, it will mention the fire. Petrol Bombs can only be found inside malls, and can’t be used inside, as a measure to prevent PKers from throwing a Petrol Bomb inside a mall, and creating massive chaos. Think of the Petrol Bomb as a tactical move with a risk. It can be used during sieges to do further damage to zombies, but if the zombies get into a barricaded building, the risk of destruction inrceases greatly. A maximum of 3 fires can be set up outside a building (Increasing the risk of being set on fire to 15% for a zombie, 30% for a human max). Also accidentally left the template up. Why the hell can't I delete that!?
|Votes must be numbered, justified, signed, and timestamped.
Votes that do not conform to the above may be struck by any user.
|The only valid votes are Keep, Kill, Spam or Dupe. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.|
- It's nothing like Moltov Cocktails. But also, that suggestion was made over a year ago. Anyways, why does it do more damage to survivors? Weapons do a set amount of damage. How long does the fire last? And putting them ONLY in malls is stupid (Gas Stations? Pubs?). The game is already way to Mall-centric. Also, your numbers are all screwed up.--Pesatyel 03:06, 21 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - I was actually vaguely interested in this, and wouldn't mind taking extra damage leading to a non-headshot death in order to hurt breathers more. Hell, I'd set myself on fire intentionally to do that. But you lost me at "Petrol Bombs can only be found inside malls, and can’t be used inside, as a measure to prevent PKers from throwing a Petrol Bomb inside a mall, and creating massive chaos." The game is already way too focused in malls, and arbitrarily setting a condition on a new weapon to limit/stop players of a particular allegiance utilizing it is both stupid and unfair. --Mold 09:09, 21 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - This needs something for zombies, like rocket launchers or surface-to-trenchcoat missiles.--Kali Magdalene 09:34, 21 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - If I could light myself on fire to get additional damage on Tangling Grasp, then we could talk. But this is confusing and pretty bad. --Druuuuu 20:50, 21 July 2007 (BST)
- Spam/Dupe - At the very least this suggestion is spam. It is, however, very close to this suggestion: Moltov Cocktails --Ryiis 23:12, 20 July 2007 (BST)
- Dupe - Way too complicated. And I'd call that a dupe. --Ducis DuxSlothTalk 23:14, 20 July 2007 (BST)
- Dupe - Guess that means dupe.-- dǝǝɥs oʇ ɯɐds: sʎɐʍ1ɐ! 23:20, 20 July 2007 (BST)
- Spam - That link isn't quite close enough to be a dupe for me. But this is definitely spam. 'arm. 00:41, 21 July 2007 (BST)
- Spam/Dupe Dupe of link probided above, and if you multiply it by a billion, all a greifer has to do is throw 3 bombs in a crowded building and gaurantee that at least 20 survivors will burn to death and die? Malls aren't the only crowded buildings, Ive seen PD's and NT's with 200+. And how do you put a fire out? No data at all on most of this... Even if I misread this (It wasn't very clear) its still a dupe.--Wooty 04:09, 21 July 2007 (BST)
- Spam Well, This does'nt even include hats, so no.--Seventythree 14:57, 21 July 2007 (BST)
- Spam - How about a skill where you drink the petrol and turn into a kamikaze bomber and destroy and unbalance EVERYTHING? That'd work just the same. --Vault 00:07, 27 July 2007 (BST)
- Spam/Dupe - Just because voting isn't closed yet.-- 21:28, 30 July 2007 (BST)