Suggestion:20080409 Blinding Attacks
|This suggestion was voted as spam and closed for voting, with 3 keep, 17 kill, and 11 spam votes.|
20080409 Blinding Attacks
Charlie Jackpot 14:44, 9 April 2008 (BST)
Suggestion Type Combat/Skill Additions
Suggestion Scope Dehabilitating, Non-Damaging Attacks For Survivor And Zombies
Although most attacks are designed to kill the opponent, I feel there should be something to add a little 'flavour' to combat.
The two skills would come under 'Spray Attack' for Survivors, as a subset of 'Tagging', and 'Spit Bile' for Zombies, as a subset of 'Digestion'.
Simply put, it allows either a Zombie or Survivor to make a 1AP, 25% Accuracy attack which, if successful, blinds their opponent temporarily, until they make an action (also 1AP) to wipe the paint/bile away. When blinded, the victim cannot sense others beyond their own square, and automatically lose all competency skills with weapons (5% for firearms, 10% for melee attacks), making them drastically disadvantaged, but not completely helpless.
Both Survivors and Zombies can still move normally, but Survivors cannot use Free Running whilst blinded. Now, I know that even with the 'Tagging' skill, Survivors are still more limited in comparison to Zombies, as they have a finite amount of 'sprays' per can. Therefore, blinding has a cooldown time of 1 hour, to avoid spamming to any major degree, and to allow survivors time to hunt down more cans.
|Votes must be numbered, justified, signed, and timestamped.
Votes that do not conform to the above may be struck by any user.
|The only valid votes are Keep, Kill, Spam or Dupe. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.|
- Keep: Author Vote. (Charlie Jackpot 15:30, 9 April 2008 (BST))
- Keep - Love this. Makes repetitive refreshes harder to do, which is cool and adds a new dynamic to the game, plus makes combat more interactive. #31 - TastyNougat TMG 15:52, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Keep - cool--Jamie Cantwel3 07:19, 10 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - Too much griefing potential for survivors, and zombies would be better off infecting the victim instead. --Explodey 15:41, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - High grief potential. - W 16:16, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - kill it dead! the dupe brigade is on your trail! I could have voted spam but didnt'. here's a hint, don't @#%$ with other peoples stats. -- Jack S13 T! PC 17:05, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - It doesn't seem worth the effort to do if the spray can be wiped away for 1 AP. The effect upon the stats seems overpowered as well. -- 17:56, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - more a griefer tool than anything--CorndogheroT-S-Z 18:13, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill- There is no other cool downs in this game, so why start now? -- BKM 18:38, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - Do you have any idea what 'flavour' means? It's insubstantial stuff, not mechanics wrecking crap. --Vandurn 19:34, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - Messing with other people's AP is bad. Mkay.--Studoku W! 20:24, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - As Zombie slay3r and Corndoghero. -- 21:43, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - Ineffective combat technique. Would always be less preferable than a normal attack. - Grant (talk) 21:56, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - It's a mechanics change, not a flavor change. I don't like the implications for real-time combat either. --Jasonjason 22:32, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - This isn't flavor, rather the suggestion itself would easily and instantly wreck our current combat system, as well as pose yet another chance for griefing. --Private Mark 23:15, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill- High grief potential.--T|Z.Quiz|PSS 23:21, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - interesting Idea, but I'm not a fan. --KF 02:11, 10 April 2008 (BST)
- The mechanics don't work. Simply put, you have a 25% chance of forcing the player to waste 1 AP. Big deal really. The blindness penalties are really irrelevant since any sane person's first action after would be to spend the AP.--Pesatyel 03:01, 10 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - I kind of like the idea, but it has severe problems. What exactly prevents a person from spraying again before an hour has gone? Arbitrary cooldown periods aren't cool. It's more understandable for zombies, but I'd still rather require them to take a bite before they can spit again instead of an excessively long cooldown. And as Pesatyel, there isn't any point in using this ability as it is. --Midianian|T|T:S|C:RCS| 11:56, 10 April 2008 (BST)
- Kill - I kinda like this idea too - the idea of survivors having to improvise with weak weapons is attractive, as is the idea of combat effects - but the 1 AP undo does make blinding attacks a bit pointless. If the undo mechanic were improved it would make a big overall improvement to this suggestion, in my opinion. --Toejam 14:20, 10 April 2008 (BST)
- Spam - I just don't like this idea at all, and please check your page next time so people don't have to make it work! In the future I suggest you take things like this to Talk:Suggestions first. Also is this a new skill for zombies and humans or is it just normal? And if someone just adds up about 5 spray cans they can just go around and spray a load of zombies. Also for 1 AP to wipe it away, it doesn't really seem worth the effort. Either way for refinment take it to Talk:Suggestions (if needs be)! Acoustic Pie 15:44, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Spam - Doesn't really seem useful in normal play, but could easily be used to grief. Also, it practically makes survivors invincable in real-time fights if they use it right. Spray and move, which stops the zombie from knowing where they went. Also, if it needs a one-hour cooldown time, it's obviously spammable. -- The Lethal Trio [Tlk|NTCS|RRF] U! E! 16:49, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Freerunning has nearly been nerfed enough as it is. Leave it alone. -- #nerftemplatedsigs 20:15, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Spam - Borderline...no wait, GRIEFING. Next! 23:20, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Spam - The suggestion itself is my justifaction. THat and one word, retarded. --WanYao 23:31, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- Goggles - I wear goggles. They are non stick, so the bile and paint comes right off without me having to do anything. I like my goggles. -doc crook 03:31, 10 April 2008 (BST)
- Spam - griefing --~~~~ [talk] 08:08, 10 April 2008 (BST)
- Spam - griefing --Funt Solo QT 20:27, 12 April 2008 (BST)
- Spam - Nothing but a grief device. --└Frozen┘┌Flame┐ 04:37, 13 April 2008 (BST)
- Spam - Hel characters. -- . . 19:45, 15 April 2008 (BST)
- Spam - Just a griefing tool. Nothing more. -- Cheese 19:56, 15 April 2008 (BST)