Suggestion:20090909 New River

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Stop hand.png Removed
This suggestion has been removed from voting for revision.


Suggestion Navigation
Suggestion Portal
Current SuggestionsSuggestions up for VotingClothes Suggestions
Cycling SuggestionsPeer ReviewedUndecidedPeer RejectedHumorous
Suggestion AdviceTopics to Avoid and WhyHelp, Developing and Editing


20090909 New River

Matthewbluewars /New City\ 01:03, 9 September 2009 (BST)

Suggestion type
Link between cities Suggestion scope
Malton and Borehamwood Suggestion description
A new river in Malton would open up on the west border. But it wouldn't use the same mechanics as Borehamwood. It would use the special mechanics described here. The river would extend north past the Malton border, going north to the south of Borehamwood's river. The entire suggestion would not be implemented at once; first the river would open up until the border (no boats yet); then Swimming would be available; then boats would be available; then the river would open to Borehamwood.

Revives and DNA Scans would not work in Borehamwood; the flavor text You are out of range of the NecroTech network. would display, and 0 AP would be wasted.

Water Mechanics

To travel on water, you go to a land-water block. These blocks are empty blocks (piers, marinas, shipyards, and river locks) where players can either be on land level or water level, and can travel between them for 1 AP. On sea level, boats can travel, survivors with a civilian skill "Swimming" can swin and zombies can float for 3 AP (2 AP with Lurching Gait). On land level, zombies and survivors can travel normally or find boats.

To enter a boat, go to a land-water block, ad select from a list of boats to enter. The list options each follow the format: (Owner name)'s (Boat type). When on a boat, the owner controls the movement. To own a boat, you go to a land-water block and click, "Launch", with 20% chance of owning the boat found at that block. (None found in River Locks). When the boat is powered (boats automatically have generators), the owner can move it for 2 AP per block.

Each boat has a database of items on board. When you drop an item findable on that boat, it adds that item to the database. The chance of finding any item is 10% divided by number of item:total items on board (+10% if the boat is fuelled)..

Zombies cannot attack survivors on boats. However, they can attack boats. Successful attacks damage the boat by one level. Survivors that fall in the water (from either destruction of boats or "Underwater Drag"; see "New Skills" for more) have a 50% chance (reduced 25% by Swimming and another 25% by owning a Life Jacket) of taking 20 damage upon falling in.

Boats:

  • Dinghy - small 2 person boat
    • Found in Piers
    • Damage levels: undamaged, "damaged", destroyed.
    • Cannot be searched
  • Yacht - large 10 person boat
    • Found in Marinas
    • Damage levels: undamaged, "scratched", "damaged", "leaking", destroyed.
    • Findable items: Beer, Wine, Life Jackets, Fuel Cans, all sports items.
  • Patrol Boat - medium 5 person boat
    • Found in Shipyards
    • Damage levels: undamaged, "scratched", "damaged", "badly damaged", "leaking", destroyed.
    • Findable items: Life Jackets, Radios, Pistol Clips, Pistols, Fuel Cans.
    • Has a built-in Radio Transmitter.

New Skills

  • Swimming (Civilian) - allows survivors to travel on water without a boat for 2 AP per move.
  • Sailing (Military) - allows boat owners to move boats for 1 AP per move.
  • Boat Repair (Scientist) - allows boat passengers to repair their boat while in the water; requires a Toolbox and Construction.
  • Underwater Drag (Zombie; under Feeding Drag) - allows zombies, for 5 AP, to attempt to pull a survivor off their boat with a 35% chance of success.

Voting Section

Voting Rules
Votes must be numbered, justified, signed, and timestamped.
# justification ~~~~

Votes that do not conform to the above may be struck by any user.

The only valid votes are Keep, Kill, Spam or Dupe. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.


Keep Votes

  1. Keep - Author Keep. --Matthewbluewars /New City\ 01:06, 9 September 2009 (BST)
  2. Partial Keep - Yes to the river in West Malton, that area is never active enough in certain suburbs and could use an overhaul. A resounding NO to the boats and all the other complications. --YoEleven 08:37, 9 September 2009 (BST)

Kill Votes

  1. Kill - Too much for one suggestion, would devastate the state of the game in eastern Malton, and game play mechanic differences between the cities are not adequately reconciled with each other. --Aichon 01:52, 9 September 2009 (BST)
  2. Kill - uninteresting flavour, and no connections between cities... what don't you understand about quarantine? -- boxy talkteh rulz 11:10 9 September 2009 (BST)

Spam/Dupe Votes

  1. Spam - Too much in one suggestion, and also breaks the no item trading rule. --Bob Boberton TF / DW Littlemudkipsig.gif 01:08, 9 September 2009 (BST)
    You can't see the items onboard; only the server knows. --Matthewbluewars /New City\ 01:09, 9 September 2009 (BST)
    Further replies moved to talk page --Bob Boberton TF / DW Littlemudkipsig.gif 01:40, 9 September 2009 (BST)
  2. Spam -- Ridiculously complicated and useless. Why don't you try using DS before you spam up the system with your shitty ideas? Lelouch vi Britannia is helping make Ridleybank green_ and gives Achievements 02:41, 9 September 2009 (BST)
    I did. In fact, much of this comes from the DS page users. --Matthewbluewars /New City\ 02:48, 9 September 2009 (BST)
    Just because you ripped a few pieces off some crappy ideas that everyone shot down doesn't mean you submitted this to DS. Lelouch vi Britannia is helping make Ridleybank green_ and gives Achievements 04:07, 9 September 2009 (BST)
  3. Spam - On a boat! --DANCEDANCEREVOLUTION-- 03:00, 9 September 2009 (BST)
  4. Spam - I was tempted to vote kill. But obviously you didn't listen to ANYTHING on the discussion page. Why does a "floating" zombie "swim" better than a living person, for example? Also, you STILL seem to have difficulty with multisuggestions.--Pesatyel 04:05, 9 September 2009 (BST)
    Spam - Then we can have rocket-ships to Monroeville!!!!--Yonnua Koponen Talk ! Contribs 21:22, 9 September 2009 (BST) Vote struck - made after suggestion withdrawn. --Bob Boberton TF / DW Littlemudkipsig.gif 21:38, 9 September 2009 (BST)
Personal tools
advertisements