Suggestion:20091111 Meatshielding Skills
|This suggestion has finished voting and has been moved to Peer Rejected.|
20091111 Meatshielding Skills
Explodey 19:56, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
All buildings, low-level characters
Description: To prevent meatshielding by zerglings:
- Standing survivors no longer prevent ransacking unless they have the Construction skill.
- Similarly, standing zombies no longer interfere with barricading or ruin repair unless they have Memories of Life
Since neither of these is a starting skill, new level-1 characters are no use as meatshields.
However both skills are usually purchased early and the vast majority of characters have them, so "genuine" characters won't be badly affected.
|Votes must be numbered, justified, signed, and timestamped.
Votes that do not conform to the above may be struck by any user.
|The only valid votes are Keep, Kill, Spam or Dupe. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.|
- Author keep - Discourages zerging. --Explodey 19:57, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Keep - Anything that does little to legit players, but really hampers zerging properties is fine by me. --Blake Firedancer T E RNL? P.I.S.I.T. 21:30, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Keep - Fuck you, cade-blocking. What was this about stopping zergs? -- -- 21:43, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Keep - Only hurts people who should be hurt. -- AORDMOPRI ! T - 21:58 11 November 2009 (BST)
- Keep - Fuck meatshields and fuck interference; I always thought those two abilities were too game-changing to be given away for free. Lelouch vi Britannia is helping make Ridleybank green_ and gives Achievements 22:26, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Keep - For reasons I said in the discussion. Also, while at a first glance it may appear to be a zombie nerf, in actuality, they will get more benefit out of it since they are able to see which humans can meatshield, while humans can't easily do the same with zombies during a breach. It buffs both sides, but buffs zombies just a hair more, contrary, in my opinion, to the statements of others. —Aichon— 00:27, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- Keep - Don't see why all the Killers have a problem with this. Even optimizing your new Zombie as Misanthropy's system would get you MOL in a week or two. Quit whining people, discouraging Zerging benefits everybody in the game. --YoEleven 20:07, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- keep Helps prevent zerging--Winman1 22:32, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- Keep Hell yes! It's balanced and it discourages zergers. If you are against this I recommend you GROW SOME BALLS!--GANG Giles Sednik CAPD 13:21, 13 November 2009 (UTC)
- Keep - ok --Bob Boberton TF / DW 03:09, 25 November 2009 (BST)
- Kill - Discourages zerging, but Memories is a relatively late zombie addition (optimal setup is Lurch, Grab, combat skills, then maybe Memories). As such this isn't really the best way that this idea could be conveyed. I'd still suggest a level cap, not a skill, or perhaps changing the skills to something more common for new characters. 20:06, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Kill I don't like it.--Yonnua Koponen Talk ! Contribs 22:26, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Kill - No offense, but fuck this suggestion unless a level cap is used instead of specific skills. Construction vs. MoL is not balanced at all.--T | BALLS! | 22:31 11 November 2009(BST) |
- Kill As iscariot but in a "maybe you could find a way to balance it better" kind of way. --RosslessnessWant a Location Image? 22:40, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Kill - Interesting idea. Change Memories of Life to Lurching Gait and I suspect you'll get a lot more Keep votes, including mine. --Paddy DignamIS DEAD 23:07, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- change make it Lurching gait and MoL. lurching gait should only work at 1/2% though!--Honestmistake 23:14, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- Kill I can't think of any plausible way this could be explained. Zombies just discovered they could ruin a building around someone who can't push a desk in front of a door, and survivors magically learn how to repair a building because a zombie doesn't know how to open doors. --RahrahCome join the #party!23:25, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
- Kill I don't like it, it threatens too much change. It FRIGHTENS ME.--Degree7 01:24, 17 November 2009 (UTC)
- Kill Interesting, but unbalanced due to priority of skill purchases (MoL usually much later than Cons). Garum 18:14, 19 November 2009 (UTC)
- Kill Because. --Thadeous Oakley 18:00, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- Spam - At a casual glance this will appear to be fine, discourage cheats to improve the game, on an actual examination its nothing but a pure zombie nerf due to the way the game is and the character progression of survivors over zombies. -- . . 21:50, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Spam - As izzy. --Papa Johnny 17:49, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- Canned Spam - Not really a great idea and as Iscariot. William Roy 18:11, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- • Revenant lurches into the way of this suggestion. (06:01, 25 November 2009)