Suggestion:20100225 Blood Splatters for Attackers

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Stop hand.png Closed
This suggestion has finished voting and has been moved to Peer Rejected.


Suggestion Navigation
Suggestion Portal
Current SuggestionsSuggestions up for VotingClothes Suggestions
Cycling SuggestionsPeer ReviewedUndecidedPeer RejectedHumorous
Suggestion AdviceTopics to Avoid and WhyHelp, Developing and Editing


20100225 Blood Splatters for Attackers

Enigmatalk 13:50, 25 February 2010 (UTC)

Suggestion type
Flavour (or gameplay, if you think that blood on clothes matters)


Suggestion scope
Survivors and Zombies alike


Suggestion description
As you know, under the current system, if you are successfully hit with an attack, your clothes get awesome bloodstains on them. Now, you didn't do snot to deserve this! Sure, you may have APed out on the streets, you may have had a run-in with lady luck's bad side, but why should you be the one with the blood, when it's the other guy who gave you a buckshot sandwich? This would be for realism, and to be honest, when I imagined it up it was purely for fun. Now for the boring bits involving stats 'n all.

When you attack someone with your weapon, depending on its type, you will have a different chance of not only causing splatters on your opponent, but yourself:
With Firearms (including flare gun): You have a 10% chance of getting an "upgraded" splatter (from clean to blood flecked to bloodstained to bloodsoaked/smeared) on a random part of your body (all parts have an equal chance to be hit by your flying blood). This represents your chances of both having anything splatter, but also your chances of actually being close enough to get blood on you.
With Blunt Melee Weapons: This applies to the Crowbar, all sporting goods and improvised weapons (all survivor melee weapons except for axe and knife essentially). 30% chance of getting splattered, where assuming you get splattered, you have a 50% chance of getting it on your coat, jacket or shirt, a 30% chance of getting it on your pants or shoes, and a 20% chance of getting it on your hat, neck or face. This represents your chances of first off managing to actually hit them hard enough to draw blood and knock it toward you, and then your chance of getting it on various parts of your body.
With Sharp Melee Weapons: Axe, knife and all zombie attacks. You have a 50% chance of being splattered, and subdivision is as above (50% on torso, 30% on lower body, 20% on head/face). As you will certainly draw blood with these weapons, it's just a matter if enough flies out and in which direction, as well as where it ends up landing.
Exceptions: The newspaper (no, paper cuts are NOT that bad) and the fuel can (it's plastic, it won't make that much blood) will never splatter the attacker, however the current system behind them will remain the same, because I don't want to change well established things



Voting Section

Voting Rules
Votes must be numbered, justified, signed, and timestamped.
# justification ~~~~

Votes that do not conform to the above may be struck by any user.

The only valid votes are Keep, Kill, Spam or Dupe. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.


Keep Votes

  1. Keep - It's weird that whacking someone 20 times with a fire axe won't get any blood on you.--AORDMOPRI ! T 20:55, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
  2. Keep - Because zombies who tear people open with their hands and teeth should be messy eaters. --Kamikazie-Bunny 21:31, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
  3. Keep - Did you just get blood on my tie? I'm going to have to kill you! --Karloth Vois ¯\(°_o)/¯ 22:29, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
  4. Keep - Author Vote Enigmatalk 23:31, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
    Keep – Splat! ᚱᛖᚢᛖᚾᚨᚾ 02:13, 26 February 2010 (UTC) - Justify your vote -- To know the face of God is to know madness....Praise knowledge! Mischief! Mayhem! The Rogues Gallery!. <== DDR Approved Editor 13:51, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
  5. Keep - I thought this was already the case (and thought it was a good idea) - Zig13 - 26/02/2010 at 18:10(BST)
  6. Keep - I like it. Oh, and flavor's good. --Private Mark 19:41, 27 February 2010 (UTC)
  7. Keep - Nothing complex and it makes sense. John Ibans 19:31, 2 March 2010 (UTC)
  8. Keep - Because it just isn't a zombie game if blood isn't flying everywhere.--Scott Timewell For the Emperor! CFT 09:49, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
  9. Keep - OmG PkEr NeRF!!! Nah, I like this. It's simple, doesn't hurt anyone and makes a little more sense. Plus I fucking hate getting bloodstained clothes. I want vengeance in the form of butthurt coding changes! -- 09:54, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
    Re: - Just out of curiosity, how does this help your hate of bloodstained clothes? All this means is that you get blood not only from being hurt, but from hurting others, including zombies and all... I sincerely hope I did not just lose your vote to this question. Enigmatalk 12:08, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
    It means the cunts that hurt me get blood splatters too? -- 12:18, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
    Oh I see now... cool. Enigmatalk 16:27, 6 March 2010 (UTC)

Kill Votes

  1. If it takes 5 minutes to code it means kevan wasted 5 minutes he could have spent doing something useful... like maybe improving the game or just taking a shit. I'm sorry but this just doesn't add anything at all to the game, in fact its so bland i can't even label it SPAM! --Honestmistake 14:31, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
  2. Kill - I'm simply not a fan of the idea. Aichon 15:49, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
    Re: - Elaborate on the Discussion Page? Or here, if you can explain it shortly... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Enigma179 (talkcontribs) at an unknown time.
    Not much to explain. Simply as a matter of opinion, I wouldn't like this flavor being in the game. Sorry. Aichon 18:27, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
  3. Kill - Seems useless. --Johnny Yossarian 20:31, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
  4. Kill - Meh. --Maverick Talk - OBR Praise Knowledge! 404 21:02, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
  5. Kill - It's flavoursome, and makes sense, but I really hate hunting down clean outfits. Strength is just an accident arising from the weakness of others 20:51, 27 February 2010 (UTC)
  6. Kill - Too much hassle in the search of new clothes, simply. Getting messy clothes from getting killed is enough for me. --Spiderzed 19:09, 2 March 2010 (UTC)
  7. Kill - As Misanthropy --Michalesonbadge.pngTCAPD(╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻ 19:10, 2 March 2010 (UTC)
  8. Kill - I hit Stevey with a flare gun. Either I'm close enough that only 15% to hit is implausible, or blood isn't coming near me.--Yonnua Koponen Talk ! Contribs 19:33, 2 March 2010 (UTC)
    Re: - I always thought that the accuracy of the weapon can't merely represent your chances of hitting... I thought it could factor in first off the fact that no one really trains to use flare guns as a weapon, it's not very accurate, and this 10% chance of splattering is factored in AFTER you hit. So if you hit or miss is irrelevant when testing for splatter, it's just how close you were. Also, your target is probably moving, and maybe if you hit him it doesn't actually do damage, just singe his hat or give him an insignificant flesh wound. Enigmatalk 04:20, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
  9. Kill - Yeah not much of a big deal. Anyway I'm always changing clothes to get rid of the blood. --V darkstar 15:27, 9 March 2010 (UTC)

Spam/Dupe Votes

  1. Spam - This is just coded karma, stop trying to bring religious justice into the game. -- To know the face of God is to know madness....Praise knowledge! Mischief! Mayhem! The Rogues Gallery!. <== DDR Approved Editor 13:49, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
Personal tools
advertisements