Suggestion:20110807 Idling Notice
|This suggestion has finished voting and has been moved to Peer Reviewed.|
20110807 Idling Notice
A lot of players who have been around have collected various alts and idle and unidle them regularly. One inconvenient detail is that we have to keep in mind where that alt has idled, and when exactly we have put it to sleep, in order to avoid getting too close with other alts.
What I've been wondering about is, why use external means when the game could do it itself?
After both the 5 day period (when the alt has vanished from the map) and the month period (when the alt is crossed out on the contacts list), an e-mail notice is sent to the player with the name, UDID and location of the alt. That way, the player can check back where he has left his alt before he accidentally re-activates it too close to another alt.
To avoid abuse, this notice would be delivered to the e-mail adress connected to that alt. Obviously that means you need to enter a valid e-mail adress into your profile to benefit from this suggestion.
To cut down on spam, players can actively opt out of the notice, as they can with game update mails.
|Votes must be numbered, justified, signed, and timestamped.
Votes that do not conform to the above may be struck by any user.
|The only valid votes are Keep, Kill, Spam or Dupe. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.|
- I can haz author vote! -- Spiderzed█ 19:36, 7 August 2011 (BST)
- Yeah I'd be ok with this. ~ 19:40, 7 August 2011 (UTC)
- Aye sure. 21:10, 7 August 2011 (BST)
- I have no idea where any of my characters are, so this would help. --Karloth Vois ¯\(°_o)/¯ 12:22, 8 August 2011 (BST)
- this idea sounds peng. And it would help me not leave so often. -- Rahrah has a signature that won't become obsolete. 14:00, 8 August 2011 (BST)
- stupid idea thats why i'm voting fer it-- bitch 14:14, 8 August 2011 (bst)
- Eh. Sure. 17:02, 8 August 2011 (BST)
- Why not? --AORDMOPRI ! T 22:56, 9 August 2011 (BST)
- Go for it. -- #nerftemplatedsigs 00:18, 10 August 2011 (BST)
- I like it. I was gone for a while and could have used this. -- -- DirtManT|FU|StäV 01:02, 10 August 2011 (BST)