Suggestion:20130406 Add Rage to Malton
|This suggestion has finished voting and has been moved to Peer Reviewed.|
20130406 Add Rage to Malton
Newbs (primarily zombie)
Borehamwood had a neat little mechanic called Rage, which allows a zombie who a.) hasn't Lurching Gait and b.) is in the presence of a harman to gain that skill instantly without any XP cost.
Applying it to Malton would make it a good bit easier for newbs (for who being a zombie is hard, whether voluntarily or by being killed), and it would also give some incentive to new dyed-in-the-wool pro-survivor types to follow feeding groans who otherwise would never consider to play a zombie.
As that mechanic already exists for another map, it should be easy-peasy to implement.
The starting tips for the corpse class should receive the following bolded addition:
- You should listen for the feeding calls of other zombies to find fresh meat, and look for survivors who have been dragged out onto the streets by other zombies.
- When you run into your first survivor, you should to make getting around easier.
- It's generally a good idea to end your day in a group of other undead - a lone straggler is a fairly easy target for a passing zombie hunter or military cleanup squad.
The tips when a survivor becomes a zombie for the first time should also be expanded by the bolded part:
"Your character has become a zombie - although you can no longer speak or use your equipment, and will take 2AP to walk from block to block, a new and powerful skill tree has become available to you. You can earn experience points by attacking and killing survivors, and smashing at barricades and machinery installed in buildings. You can also lessen the 2AP cost to walk from block to block by letting loose your in the presence of a survivor. The feeding groans you've been hearing as a survivor are now a valuable resource for finding vulnerable safehouses."
|Votes must be numbered, justified, signed, and timestamped.
Votes that do not conform to the above may be struck by any user.
|The only valid votes are Keep, Kill, Spam or Dupe. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.|
- Keep -
L'etatLe createur c'est moi. -- Spiderzed█ 16:58, 6 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep - As I said, totally in favor. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 20:15, 6 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep - YES, YES AND MORE YES. The code will already exist, it's been tested and validated and it's a bloody good idea. Come on, Kevan, please make this happen. --BOSCH 00:30, 7 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep - This will help a lot. --ＺＪＥＱＥＬ 12:24, 6 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep - Worthwhile addition ♥ Moonie Talk Testimonials 00:26, 7 April 2013 (BST)
- Love the idea and it'll be a nice little thing to look forward to whenever starting a new zombie. The benefits to zergers are negligible, which is the only real concern I can see. Also, someone is clearly hitting up the meta-game to bring in votes, though I'm not gonna complain if it means more Moonie around here. ;) —Aichon— 05:55, 7 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep --Rosslessness 16:15, 7 April 2013 (BST)
- Make it so 20:33, 7 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep I really like this. Lpha 23:47, 7 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep Because, i like BBQ.-- bitch 01:03, 8 April 2013
- Keep I liked Rage in Borehamwood, so I don't know why it isn't in Malton yet.Hermite 09:26, 8 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep - now look what you fucking sysops have done, troll votes below, unjustified posts above, you're all a fucking great lot you are. On another note, yes, let's help the zombie noobs. 15:15, 8 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep - you can't deny it works, because it was used before. --Labla 22:11, 8 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep - Sounds good Rupert Lang 17:49, 9 April 2013 (BST)
- ♪ Do it now ♫ Because you can and I think you should ♬ 14:48, 10 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep - Looks good, re: helps lowbie zeds + already done before -- Boneshred The Hungry 18:28, 15 April 2013 (BST)
- Keep - Yes, yes, and more yes! -- Jebidijed 7:46 AM April 16th, 2013 (AEST)
- Kill - Fuck Zombies. More PKer buffs.--THE Godfather of Яesensitized, Anime Sucks Yalk | W! U! WMM| CC CPFOAS LOE ZHU | 17:23, 9 April 2013 (BST)
- This totally buffs dead PKers. 14:48, 10 April 2013 (BST)
- Kill - COCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCKCOCK--Thadeous Oakley Talk 09:10, 8 April 2013 (BST)
Kill - What's the point of having Lurching Gait as a skill if people don't have to pay for it? Free skills might be worthwhile if they required you to do something or were temporary but clicking a single button is too little effort. Supereviloverlord 06:06, 27 April 2013 (BST)Vote after deathline struck