- These suggestions are now closed. No more voting or editing is to be done to them.
- Suggestions with a rational Vote tally of 2/3 Keeps over total of Keeps, Kills, and Spams will be moved to the Peer Reviewed Suggestions page by a moderator, unless the original author has re-suggested the Suggestion.
- Suggestions under the 2/3 proportion but with more or equal Keeps to Kills ration will be moved to the Undecided Suggestions page.
- All other Suggestions will be moved to either the Peer Rejected Suggestions page or the Humorous Suggestions page.
- Some suggestions may not be moved in a timely manner; moving Suggestions to Peer Reviewed Suggestions page will take higest priority.
- Again, DO NOT EDIT THIS PAGE IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. It will be used as a historical record and will eventually be locked.
Powered Buildings Bonuses 666
|Timestamp:||07:22, 17 March 2006 (GMT)|
|Description:||Basically this is a more deadly form of Tangling Grasp. It would confer a small hit bonus beyond Tangling Grasp (10%? 5%?), but that's not the major appeal. A player (zombie or survivor) would have to fight his way out of a Sticky Grip before he could run away, go inside a building, etc. All that would be needed is a successful hit of any type (gun, axe, knife, punch, bite, etc.). So yes, if a person is Sticky Gripped by 5 zombies then he will need to hit each of them once in order to escape. As a counter-balance, the Sticky Grip wouldn't be automatic upon a hit with the hands... maybe each successful hand attack would have just a 50% chance of activating Sticky Grip (regular Tangling Grasp still gives the attack bonus upon any successful hand attack, and the presence of Tangling Grasp enhances the chances of a subsequent Sticky Grip to 75% or maybe even 100%, since hand attacks have a limited chance of success anyway. I'm just throwing out some numbers here, but obviously they could be adjusted up or down.). And (as a counter-counter-balance) a zombie would never just let go of a Sticky Grip for no reason (which happens currently with Tangling Grasp). A Sticky Grip, once achieved, can only be negated by a successful counter-attack by the Gripee, or by the zombie switching to attack another person or leaving by moving to another square, leaving a building, etc. This skill would require at least Tangling Grasp, and maybe Lurching Gait as well (as it makes sense that a zombie would have to have some extra mobility in order to keep hold of a survivor who's trying to run away). Maybe even require Rend Flesh as well, since the zombie would conceivably also need some extra hand strength. Or just make it like the Zombie Hunter skill and simply require Zombie Level 10.
This suggestion was originally envisioned as a simple enhancement to Tangling Grasp, but due to policies I think this would best be implemented as a new skill of its own to supplement Tangling Grasp. The reasoning behind this suggestion is simply that it doesn't make any sense that a survivor can run into a horde of 800+ zombies, have probably 5 of them attacking him at once and grabbing him with Tangling Grasp, and then be able to run away easy as pie. Realistically, running into or through a horde of 800+ zombies should be suicide, especially if any of them grabs hold of you. In the case of lower numbers of zombies, even just a single zombie grabbing hold of you should be pretty freaking bad news, and it's hard to imagine that a zombie would just let go and let you run away once he had grabbed you. Plus, it's clear that zeds need some new special skill to catch up with the harmanz.
Response Sort of implicit (in my mind, at least) was that a character would auto-target the zombie(s) who is(are) Sticky Gripping him.
Response2 No kidding, this is basically an auto-kill, and it SHOULD BE. Right now, if a zombie gets engaged with 2 or more Zombie Hunters, then it's basically an auto-kill because the zombie has no safe place to run (i.e. no escape) and is at an EXTREME disadvantage with respect to damage capabilities. Running into a group of high-level zombies should be suicide, and it's completely unfair how a Zombie Hunter can run into a huge group of 800 zeds, kill a few with Headshot, and then run away scot-free with no more damage than an infection and maybe being brought down to 10-20HP, which gives his friends back inside a great chance to get XP by healing him. It happens all the time outside Caiger Mall, and it's retarded.
Also, one further thing to note is that this skill basically only matters when there's two players on at the same time. If somebody is logged out, they have no chance of escape regardless of whether they're trapped or not.
- Keep - Author Vote --BadgerW 07:22, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - If multiple zombies can grab, and each have to be attacked, anyone grabbed is screwed. The reason being that the zombie that grabs will be at the bottom of the pile, meaning he has to go through the whole stack to get them. With multiple grabs this gets worse because you cant target each zombie seperately. Needs work. --Grim s 07:34, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Dupe - Saw something just like this two days ago, plus there is on in two of the suggestions forums, including peer reviewed. Its a good idea, but done before... 343 09:06, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - Not sure if it's too close to Suggestions/15th-Mar-2006#Iron_Grip, but it's just as bad, if not worst. Even if there wasn't the problem Grim pointed out, it's still horribly overpowered --McArrowni 16:12, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - Banana Bear4 16:19, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - No way - this is effectively an auto-kill if there are multiple zombies in the area. If all it did was make the zombie not lose Tangling Grasp on a miss this would already be powerful enough. If all it did was add +10% to Tangling Grasp it would be overpowered. But if it requires a character hit by 5 zombies to shoot them all before another zombie manages to hit him just to be able to run away, you might as well just simplify the process by giving the zombie a button that says "nail survivor's feet to the ground". --Norcross 17:29, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - I really like this idea but the implementation could be a bit better, from an RP sense its much more real to imagine all these zombies dragging away an unsuspecting victim. There should be a limit like only if there is more than, say 10 zombies, they can then drag them away, kinda like the groan skill. I like the idea that it should be a zombie hunter type skill where you need to be above a certain level. Besides, survivors are way overpowered anyway. Benpage26 21:32, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill "Dear Scientists: Go dig a hole and die in it. -- Zed Suggestion Authors" Please, enough with the zombie attack buffs already. They already excel in real time fights, this is just terrible. I might reconsider this vote if the implementation was more elegant, and it wasn't tantamount to bending doctors over. --Zaruthustra-Mod 21:43, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - jumpin' on the bandwagon. In all seriousness though, this really screws over low-level characters. --Arcibi 22:10, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - Although I would not mind being able to set glue traps for the trenchcoats, I wouldn't want them to lose all hope of escape. Until, perhaps, the very end. Also, with regard to Zaruthustra's point, what if we like bent doctors? Just saying. --Fred Dullard 22:14, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - Turn your head and cough.--Wifey 00:47, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - Zaruthustra is right, Necro's are supposed to go into large hordes. The fact that you can go into large hordes is due to the game-mechanics. the game isn't in real time, stop suggestion and acting like it is.--Vista 21:18, 18 March 2006 (GMT) (also yeah, when a zombie is outnumbered by two zombie hunters it shouldn't stand a chance. luckily he can simply stand up with 1 to 6 AP knowing that they paid around 40 AP to down him.)
- Tally - 2 Keep, 8 Kill, 1 Spam, 1 No-Link Dupe
Flare shot from familiar location
|Timestamp:||13:57, 17 March 2006 (GMT)|
|Description:||I know that Blahblahblah has been working on a fix for the flare as using colors and the angle the flare is shot at, my suggestion is one that if the zombies can reconnize a familiar groan, why can't survivors see a flare coming from a safehouse that a friend is at. It makes sense, that if you saw a flare go off over a building that a friend is in, that that flare would stick out in your mind, basically the mechanic would be if you had a friend in your friend list OR just the group you are affiliated to fires a flare you will reconize it as " A flare was fired at X E, XN, a chill goes down you spine, that's a familiar safehouse".|
- Keep - Author vote!--DicktheTech 13:57, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - Doesn't make much sense, realism-wise, but I like the idea. It still needs some reworking on the mechanics, though. How would the survivors know that the flare came from a safehouse? What if his group moved there just the previous day and the player doesn't know that? --Omega2 14:38, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - Flares are all the same, voices, and thus groans, are all different. Zombies recognise members of the horde by voice. You have provided no RP method to explain how survivors can tell one persons flare from another persons. That and i just dont like the idea. You broke your toy, deal with it. --Grim s 15:34, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill What Grim said --McArrowni 16:18, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - Humans don't need a human version of every zombie skill, and vice versa. --John Ember 16:27, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - What they said. --Brizth W! 16:31, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - Less homogeneous zombies and humans plz k thx bye--Mookiemookie 17:33, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - A flare is a flare. I can see having certain types of flares, like "SOS" "Stay Away" etc, but the point of a flare is so you don't know and that is what makes you go off to investigate. Besides groans are from walking things, they aren't a thingy-ma-bob that shoots up in the air. --Jacquie 17:53, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - As others have said: a flare is a flare. You can't tell information from it, and there's no guarantee that a flare shot by a friend/group member will come from a location that actually has any significance. What I'm trying to say is: it may come from a location that no one in the group has ever visited before, how can it be known to be a "familiar safehouse" then? If it was based upon the entry of a set of coordinates, maybe, but not based simply on who fired it off. — g026r 18:48, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - If you resubmit this so it just lets people see where a flare is coming from, then they should be able to tell if its a familiar place, oh wait, thats what flares do now, maybe somebody should make flaregun666 -Banana Bear4 18:58, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit. --Jorm 19:11, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill -Grim, How did we break our toy? it was broken before we even got it. That said, this isn't the way to fix it.--Vista W! 23:06, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Tally - 1 Keep, 11 Kill, 0 Spam
Zombie Skill - Critical Hit
Removed by author, as suggesting anything regarding solving the survivor/zombie differential is pointless. I'd seen it on other suggestions, and I've now seen it for myself on what was two obviously not-overpowered suggestions. Everyone has their own ideas about what is causing the lack of zombies, and is determined to vote kill on any idea that doesn't solve their own perception of the problem. I just hope Kevan has some ideas on how to solve it, because it's fairly obvious he won't get any from here. --Munchfort 22:51, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
Removed by author again because it was put back without his permission. Just let it die. --Munchfort 02:30, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
Tweak to remove Combat Revives
Removed by author again because it was put back without his permission. Just let it die. --Munchfort 02:31, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
Advance Military Skill Tree
|Timestamp:||22:05, 17 March 2006(GMT)|
|Type:||Advanced Class Skills|
|Description:||Player must be at least level 10 to buy Advanced Firearms Overview. Additionally, player must have purchased the Firearms Training series. (Basic Firearms Training, Pistol Training, etc)
The big kahuna of guns, the Grenade Launcher can only be found in armories. The success rate is .01% to find the gun and .1% to find single grenades. A limit of 20 grenade launchers at a time is imposed upon the city. The grenade launcher has a 5% chance to hit, not affected by any skill other than Advanced Explosives Handling. A direct hit deals 25 damage with a 10% chance to hit up to 10 other humans or zeds in the area for 5 damage. Without the Explosives Handling skill, there is a 30% chance every time it is fired that the gun will fail, destroying the gun and doing 10 damage to the user. The grenade launcher loads a single grenade at a time.
- Keep Author Vote. --Cerebrus13 22:13, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - I'm all for advanced class-specific skills to prevent character homogeny, but these are ridiculously overpowered. --Arcibi 22:19, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - I agree, Cerebrus. Fuck this game. Undeadinator 22:20, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - I think this is perfectly balanced, and it's high time that survivors got a weapon skill that puts them on a par with zombies.--Jorm 22:26, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - Not as piquant as the PoweredBuildings666 suggestion, but clearly balanced and well thought out by a player who cares. I like the whimsical way he uses Advance as the title rather than the more mundane Advanced, too. Also, I am all in favor of sharpening eyes, for I find the ordinary spherical ones are too round to do serious damage when thrown. I wish there were more rockets, of course, but all in all, a fine effort. --Fred Dullard 22:38, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - Actually, it's not that bad. But it's also definetly not for today. Maybe after, when we get a more stable population and better coordinated (thus more powerful) zombies, with less readily-availiable revives. In short, try again in a few months. --Omega2 22:47, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - Guidelines have feelings too. Don't break them for no good reason. Somehow, as I read this I already knew what the last line would say: Something about the danger to yourself to use this weapon. That link goes double with the 300xp skill: It doesn't matter how you cost it, the game does not need maxed out characters to be more powerful in combat. The second thing is this: Rare does not equal balanced. Althought I must be the only veteran voter who actually think a better weapon in armories is potentially a viable suggestion, this is the wrong way to do it. There is also the problem with the "area of effect attack". Finally, the grenade launcher thing really didn't need to be lobbed in with the other two. There are three suggestions in there, there should only be one. --McArrowni 22:51, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam ^Anything that has to limit the number of things in the game to prevent wild game-disruption is spam. "20 grenade launchers at a time". --Jon Pyre 23:59, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - McArrowni and Jon Pyre summed what I was going to say. --Brizth W! 00:12, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - See above. Velkrin 00:19, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - Did you read the guidelines just simply to see how many of them you could break in one suggestion?--Mookiemookie 00:24, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - This needs more direct references to the comic book "Cerebus the Aardvark" such as mysoginistic overtones, or Cirinist dictators. Otherwise, spot on pal. -Banana Bear4 01:23, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - Multliply it by a million. This also comes to mind: Making an item harder to find does not make it balanced Certified=Insane 1:30, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - It's already been covered. --John Ember 02:29, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - As said above. --Grim s 02:47, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - Just pick'n'mix several of the conclusions above, doesn't really matter which--Vista W! 23:18, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Tally - 3 Keep, 3 Kill, 10 Spam
Help a Doc'ta out?
|Timestamp:||23:14, 17 March 2006 (GMT)|
|Type:||Skill change-balance improvement.|
|Scope:||Starting as a Doctor class|
|Description:||Ok this is real simple. I think Doctors should Start with Diagnosis instead of first aid.
Why? it would help new doctors gain there first level, by makeing finding a wounded player easyer.
as Flavor more doctors do RL diagnosis than treatment. and first aid is ment to be something to help somone get to a doctor or hospital. :P thats why its called FIRST aid and not first, last, and only Aid. --I see dead people 23:14, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - Personally, I've always wondered why the doctors started with first aid instead of diagnosis. — g026r 23:38, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - Actually, this makes tremendous sense. Timid Dan 23:50, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Dupe Good idea but a Dupe. --Jon Pyre 23:55, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - As strange as it sounds it's actually true, a lot of doctors, even specialists have a LOT of pathology skills "diagnosis" and even surgical skills but don't nessesarily have the 1st aid skills at 100% (depends on their specility per se). I had a buddy who was a lifeguard 8 years and then became an amulance driver, mind you a lot of "font line" hospital docs need 1st aid big time just to do their jobs and sort of "field surgery", "triage" and all that jazz. So in short, technically you're right, but 1st aid doesn't take as many 'years' to learn as diagnosis, all good.. MrAushvitz 18:50, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Dupe Great idea, but it has been done before. --mikm W! 01:06, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - While i like this, don't suggest things that require a reset... --Certified=Insane 01:33, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - dupe? spam? proof before i change my mind! --revoso 01:52, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - Makes sense from an RP perspective, and helps separate Docs from Medics. BTW, this would not require a reset if it only affects new characters. --Norcross 02:04, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Re - having it affect new players was the Idea, I don't wan't to reset the game or mess with the skills of existing players. --I see dead people 20:03, 19 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep -It's a dupe I know for sure. The original suggestion was made by zaratustra. But I've searched the previously suggested and peer reviewed for about a hour and couldn't find a link. anyway I like this, differenciates medics and doctors more then just their skills XP cost and would make docters a VERY good starting class for zombies. They can use a nice survivor starting class, A hidden benefit.--Vista W! 23:59, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Re - I wouldn't be supprised if somone had suggested it before, but I didn't see anything like this before I suggested it. and i did look. --I see dead people 20:03, 19 March 2006 (GMT)
- Tally - 6 Keep, 0 Kill, 2 Non-Link Dupes 20:58, 31 March 2006 (BST)
hay guys, sharks lol
|Timestamp:||23:19, 17 March 2006 (GMT)|
|Type:||Advanced Class Skills|
|Scope:||Game-breaking shit I came up with while bombed out on detergent|
|Description:||FUCKING LASERS WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Player must have achieved Level 10, get at least a 12 out of 15 on an in-game romance quiz.
Skill: Advanced Firearms Overview
Skill: Ecco the Dolphin
Weapon: Portable Shark Launchers
- Keep - Author vote. This blows you out of the fucking water. Undeadinator 23:22, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - Like I promised: A "Keep" vote in exchange for sexual favours. -Craw 23:26, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - Funny. --Cerebrus13 23:27, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - Idiot. --Lucero Capell 23:30, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - There's a line between humorous and stupid. This is in the stupid side of the line. --Omega2 23:31, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - Game needs dolphins. And killer whales. I'd totally be a killer whale, but with wings and missiles and shit. --Nubis 23:33, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - But needs more skills involving touching people in bathing suit areas.--Jorm 23:36, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - Definitely definite, this idea has marine mammals and lasers. Sharks are clearly in-theme and balanced (well, I ask you, when was the last time you saw one fall over?). --Fred Dullard 23:41, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam Why have there been about fifteen bajillion "humorous" suggestions in the past few days? --Jon Pyre 23:54, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Well, the last time this happened, 3/4 of the zombie player base were about to just plain quit because the game wasn't fun. At all. So they were squeezing entertainment out of *something* between barricade strafes and combat revives while they waited and hoped for a fix to their issues. Draw what conclusions you wish from that.--Jorm 00:04, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam Blame it on Undeadinator. --Brizth W! 00:01, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Re - You're welcome! Undeadinator 00:09, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam I swear to god the amount of crying that happens on this wiki... Dry those tears boys and girls, I'm sure something will save your free webgame that some guy makes in his spare time. Or judging by a lot of what comes out of the zombie player base, maybe not. Instead of making "SHARKS WIT LAZERS PEW PEW PEW", try grinding those brain cells and coming up with something that can pass peer review. --Zaruthustra-Mod 00:14, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - This is why we're so newbie unfriendly. Velkrin 00:16, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Re - Because...you prefer Flipper? Help me with this, I don't get it. Undeadinator 00:24, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - My eyes! They burn! The goggles... they do nothing! --McArrowni 00:38, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - Awww...some people take their suggestion page a little too seriously. --Mookiemookie 00:56, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - no, just no. I propose a new suggestion rule, NO FUCKING RETARDED SUGGESTIONS! --Lordofnightmares 01:09, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - There is no mention of.. "Splash" damage, which is a key concern when dealing with sea creature based attacks. Rectify this before you get a keep from me. Also this comes so close to voraephiliac pornography that I am slightly unnerved and severely aroused. -Banana Bear4 01:19, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - This isnt even funny. The suggestions page is for real suggestions, not comecdy. --Grim s 01:33, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Re - You obviously haven't seen the Suggestions page lately. Undeadinator 03:44, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - Stop the drugs! --Certified=Insane 01:36, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Humourous - **** me--revoso 01:56, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - I'd like to make a humorous "Keep" vote, but I don't want to encourage this kind of nonsense. --Norcross 02:07, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - I'd prefer making suggestions more along the zombie genre even if they're totally insane. Ex. smashing pictures of Jesus over a zombie's head! --MrAushvitz 20:07, 17 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - Needs more rocket launchers, cyborgs, midgets, motorcycle nuns, and Admiral Ackbar. - CthulhuFhtagn 13:18, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Spam - This qualifies for removal by a mod, so why isn't it already?--Vista 18:52, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- Keep - I defy anyone to tell me this wouldn't make the game more entertaining if it went it. --Brett Day 17:21, 20 March 2006 (GMT)
- Kill - Out of keeping with the game's theme. Will change to keep if they become Zombie Sharks. Ignatius Newcastle 14:52, 23 March 2006 (GMT)
- Tally - 8 Keep, 3 Kill, 13 Spam, and 1 "Humourous" 20:56, 31 March 2006 (BST)