Talk:One Man & His Dog
Current K9 Handlers Role Call
Active (Huntley Heights)
lrnj & Golden Retriever, Fyodor. 
PFC Walker & "Junkyard Mutt" 
gothicchristian & Br/Wh Alaskan Malamute, Enya 
the real punisher & German Shepherd, Leon. 
Pvt (Jane) Stower & Japanese Akita, Flash. 
Olyman5 & Greyhound, Smoking James Caan 
Taplu & Bulldog, Paul 
To be OM&HD proper you need to ~
- Just joined up? Leave your Name/Dog name & UD profile above.
- Include your dog in your in-game description
- Read and follow the FAQ
Current Huntley Heights, Santlerville Mission
Zombie Threat Level is High around the local mall. O.M.&.H.D members are operating a search & rescue mission in Huntley Heights.
Our HQ is in The Muttlebury Arms 66,23.
Radio Frequency 27.52
Feel free to contact OM&HD on the radio at 27.52. If you don't have radio skills or if you can't get to a radio and you've got a mobile please feel free to use the other modes of contact listed below.
- Kip Saunders
- Email: email@example.com
- Radio Frequency 27.52
List Kip Saunders UD profile in your contacts and post below your UD profile if you are not a OM&HD member. *note if the mobile towers coverage has been cut texts will not appear until the OM&HD have completed gen installations.
Current 'Burb Intel Reports
Huntley Heights & Santlerville Log Book
UPDATE: it is quiet in Huntley Heights. Mainly looking after the cellphone tower.
OM&HD's operations were being hampered by a purposeful MOB infestation!!! but the MOB are now moving on to pastures new. I've also heard rumours that the mall in the west might be operational! The OM&HD will start clearing the undead & bodies out of the habitable area. Burb wide rebuild is on the cards the UBP Cade levels needs repairing & bolstering before that rat runs needs to be established to resource buildings. RP backlog clearance is on the go. The Club needs heroes to forfeit their daily AP to fix the rot. Then on into the east towards the beleaguered mall --Kip SaundersT OM&HD 23:28, 2 August 2010 (BST)
8 zombies inside the HQ --Roobert 00:14, 11 May 2010 (BST)
OM&HD is at present being targeted by a zed group called Slaughter. Members are required to arm themselves and start attacking the the zed numbers inside the HQ. --Kip SaundersT OM&HD 22:34, 10 May 2010 (BST)
A battered Huntley Heights is now under construction up by the locals and us. But the hospitals in the south-east over the border are still in hostile undead-hands despite repeated attempts to put the lights back on. OM&HD are running operations now out of our traditional home & between us and local defenders the clubs are being reverted back into human habitation. OM&HD have completed gen installations so lines of communication and western NT are now operational. In the south-eastern sector entry points and cading levels are being corrected to complete rat runs/UBP through the 'burb. RP coverage is running smoothly --Kip SaundersT OM&HD 22:46, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
Huntley Heights, Raines Hills and Santlerville are totalled! OM&HD will have to travel far and wide to Shearbank or even Yagoton to find supplies. The wall of red-zed zone in the east is hampering our mission... barhah humbug to all the zeds out there. An unfortunate go slow on the RP has now been actioned until the New Year --Kip SaundersT OM&HD 23:17, 18 December 2009 (UTC)
OM&HD need to evac & regroup in Raines Hills our patch of HH is under heavy attack. Most buildings are ruined and very unsafe. Dog handlers will run search grids and resource building recovery from the north until the undead have moved on.--Kip SaundersT OM&HD 22:56, 13 November 2009 (UTC)
OM&HD are now operating freely in HH moping up the mess and restocking gens, re-tagging, making the clubs habitable & bolstering the cade level @ Amos in the south-eastern sector. Other members are operating the in western sector of HH maintaining the defences of the NT & PD. The RP coverage throughout the 'zed troubles' has been outstanding due to our solo allies lending a much needed hand.--Kip SaundersT OM&HD 00:26, 8 May 2009 (BST)
Operations have been temporally disrupted due to the zeds coming from both the eastern and western ruined malls. OM&HD have moved up into Raines Hills to commence searches for resources to get Huntley Heights south-eastern sector back to operational status. The RP is running below par due to distances we're having to travel & a higher number of requests.--Kip SaundersT OM&HD 17:24, 27 April 2009 (BST)
It has been noted that a few level 1 players have been causing strange happenings in Huntley. 1 has been using a radio to contact a BHers to offer up one of our members as a gker & Pker, which is an absolute lie. 1 had taken up residence in Mulberry and attacking others for being there. Another has used a sword to injure without provocation and then place themselves in jeopardy outside in the cemetery to die. An unknown has been removing cade level graffiti. Although I can't say for sure that this is not just co-incidence but I fear a bout of pro-zed gerrymandering is going on. The mall is now secure but Huntley Heights is coming under a small force of actual zed attackers and probable pro-zed human terrorist activity to tip the balance in favour of the undead. The OM&HD will be:~ watching the cade levels in case of human decaders, collecting sprays and correcting UBP tags, DNA scanning combat zeds, healing all found injured including humans with zed skills only with ransack/ruin capabilities to prevent piñatas. The NT in the north is still switching hands on a regular basics. The mobile tower is a target for this resent activity. The RP coverage is maintaining an average turnaround.--Kip SaundersT OM&HD 17:30, 16 April 2009 (BST)
Despite that the mall tour left ages ago the western-side of Santlerville is still suffering with zed break-ins. Due to this the western hospital has been over 'caded. OM&HD are keeping Huntley Heights south-eastern side habitable. Local resident defenders have been found low in HPs probably due to the hospitals being hit. The north-western NT and surround buildings are in a hazardous state. OM&HD are trying to rectify this but can not be stretched too far. The RP is now running smoothly.--Kip SaundersT OM&HD 22:25, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
OM&HD handlers are now in helping with the post-Mall Tour 09's clear-up. We have moved back to Huntley Heights and will be re-building a path back to Santlerville. The go slow on the Cemetery RP still remains until the supply train to Santlerville's NT is restored. Amos mobile tower's power is now restored for mobile service burb wide in Huntley Heights's sector.--Kip SaundersT OM&HD 21:12, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
Due to the Mall Tour '09 marauding into Huntley Heights we have moved operations to Santlerville and joined Santlerville's local survivors in the defence of St Columbanus's Hospital, the Hall Building. All members are to report to these locales and help with heals, cades, intel of zed movements and fire power.. The go slow on the Cemetery RP in HH is still in effect until the Mall Tour has moved on. --Kip SaundersT OM&HD 21:10, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
The zed manifestation has cooled down around Santlerville but still has a stranglehold on OM&HD operations in Huntley Heights. The go slow on the Cemetery RP is still in effect until the New Year. --Kip SaundersT OM&HD 23:48, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
The zed activity is ratcheting up and warning reports are suggesting a zed push from the north in Santlerville is starting. Huntley Heights is being poked with a small zed stick with both the eastern factory and mobile tower being targeted. The Cemetery RP is still operational for now.--Kip SaundersT OM&HD 21:55, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
Huntley Heights is currently having a well deserved lull. OM&HD is now using this window of opportunity to re-build. Mistakes have been made with the 'cade level during the onslaught which OM&HD will be correcting. Our members have been searching ruined clubs and banks, reverting them back for human habitation. We've also gone operational on our new RP locale in the cemetery. --Kip SaundersT OM&HD 20:49, 12 September 2008 (BST)
Huntley Heights is currently under attack. Both Amos & the factory are hotly contested by both humans and zeds. OM&HD are trying to cover the RP but might change this to a nearer venue.--Kip SaundersT OM&HD 17:44, 4 August 2008 (BST)
Both burbs & Randallbank are now recovering from The Dead wipeout.. OM&HD members report that mobile towers are under construction. Randallbank & Huntley Heights are now operational.--Kip Saunders 23:56, 19 May 2008 (BST)
Santlerville's mall is under attack the OM&HD are helping out the locals patch up cades in the surrounding area while still offering our services in Huntley Heights & Randallbank area.--Kip Saunders 20:11, 2 August 2007 (BST)
Huntley Heights is slowly returning to human hands but communication channels are patchy --Kip Saunders 01:46, 14 July 2007 (BST)
Huntley Heights is cracked open.--Kip Saunders 23:40, 11 June 2007 (BST)
Non Active Members
Mike Sutton & American Huskie, Zelda  (whereabouts unknown, never made contact, assumed dead)
clown6 and a German Sheperd, Max.  (whereabouts unknown & assumed dead)
Minerva Taylor & Irish Wolfhound, Pinter  (whereabouts unknown, never made contact, assumed dead)
If you find your name here and you still are in the game contact Kip Saunders
Suggestions, Questions, Chatter & Requests
- With a hesitant "Maybe, what do you want to talk about?" --Kip SaundersT OM&HD 23:01, 11 May 2009 (BST)
What would happen to my dog if I needed a revive?
--Specialfxlady 02:57, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- Your dog would stay by your side, like Greyfriars Bobby and die with you. Your dog will rise along with you as a zombie dog, until you get a revive.--Kip SaundersT OM&HD 21:51, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
On a side note,
I hope you guys don't mind but I tagged you for the Huntley Heights category. You folks have been a significantly helpful and effective presence in the suburb, afterall. :) --Aiden H 4H 07:13, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Huntley Heights category Tagged us? For a while I had no clue as to what you were saying but now I do.. 'found it', and OK sure another link off somewhere is cool. B.T.W During the Great Group Massacre thing last year OM&HD was the only listed active group left in Huntley Heights, that is why at the time we took over the 'cades where we could. So we don't want to step on anybodies group's toes. Hope we haven't as we knew 4H was back. I've read your post and one way to read it is you really didn't have high hopes for our little group making any ripples against a tidal wave LOL.. we do what we can, with what we've got 'after all', we're like a dog with bone! H.H is difficult to oversee and we've taken a liking to the SE small sector near Amos. The NTs in the north are well looked after but we do respond when we know that NT is out. But we noticed when arrived that Amos was little neglected & seeing that it is vital in networking H.H to the rest of Malton and making it look a nice place for pro-survivors to settle, we do our best to keep the genny going. We also like making clubs habitable again although we know it's a haven for Pkers it is also a good bolt hole for resisting a zed attack. Our tags reflect our nature we are here to help not to trumpet or lord it over people so we won't be vying to 'take over' no worries on that score. Thank you for posting your compliments and we also wish the 4H future success in their pro-human defences of the burb. --Kip SaundersT OM&HD 02:10, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
No need to worry about toe-stepping, we don't get all crazy over turf like they do over in Shearbank, and besides, you guys are doing great work. Central Huntley's almost always a reliable safezone and I put a lot of that credit towards you guys. You also nicely improved the old barricade plan, which had sorely needed updating. We don't seem to have much inter-group contact, but I rather enjoy having the extra hands around.. Especially in situations like the current one. And you're right, I didn't think much of our chances with the mall tour. It's a massacre every year, lol. I figured I'd just lay low and stock up to rebuild.. Which we're doing pretty well between our groups. We're "here to help" as well, we just tend to be a little flashier about it, haha. Good to finally talk with you, Kip. Our boards are a little dead but feel free to stop by anytime, same with the talk page. Happy Hunting! --Aiden H 4H 10:49, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
1 How do I join?
- Leave your & your dog's name above in Roll Call. Add your dog's description to your in-game human/zed descriptions UD profile. Add One Man & His Dog to your groups option (spell it verbatim One Man & His Dog with the O M H D in CAPS the & not an 'and'). Add all current members to your in-games contacts. Head out to our HQ or to an operational mall in Santlerville. Contact Kip using any method found above or in-game speech.
1a What do I do as an OM&HD member?
- We rely on human & canine intelligence so besides the ad hock duties of healing/reviving humans, repairing buildings to burbs UBPs and shooting zombies, we expect a certain level of self reliance from our members as you have your dog and yours wits about you. Your job is to tip the balance in the favour of humans, so for example no combat revives & no pking. If you are pked it is up to you whether you hand it over to the authorities on Brainstock or seek personal vengeance. You must own a radio that is switched to OM&HD frequency and a mobile. OM&HD missions are listed here and on the radio. You are expected to work within those parameters, meaning if we are operating in a burb eg Huntley Heights then we don't expect to find you operating in Darvall Heights.
2. Are you guys any fun to run with?
- well it depends on your idea of 'fun'. We don't drink excessive amounts of beer in-game nor swear alot. We take our UD gaming semi-serious with a view of being honourable and friendly along with it. We are about removing zombie obstacles and saving humans/dogs from 'them' we're not about flame, Pker, UD politic wars. This game is never won or lost and anybody saying different is an idiot. It's a hard game of survival with odds stacked against us. The last thing we want is trouble, so keep your head down, respect the other defenders and get on with it.
3. I am new and don't have a clue....
- that is not barrier as lower levels are welcome, stick close to our HQ and contact Kip for advise. And/Or read UD Wiki pages to grasp the games inner workings and who to avoid.
4. What is the point of joining a group?
- This game for us humans is about joint survival. If your going solo and like it then don't join a group. But if you do join a group you have more eyes looking out for you. You are more likely to receive selfless acts of bravery to save your life and friendship. UD with out a group is a silent world and you will find that isolation and boredom grows. Without a group you are more likely to stop playing within a month or turn zed.
5. I am a female character can I join?
- Yes of course! We are an equal opportunities outfit. We respect all walks of life especially canine. We have even been known feed stray cats found outside our HQ with zombie chum.
6. I don't want to join but I want to become an ally.
- We work well with solos or groups who communicate with us in an amicable fashion. We are very small band of brothers & sisters so don't expect us to come to your groups aid at moments notice, so for the moment formal alliances are not an option. Pro-humans found in our HQ will be welcomed and we will freely exchange dialogue and contact details to build up a pro-human network.
7. I want to make a complaint about your member(s)
- In the highly unlikely event you feel our members (listed above) behaviour to be out of step with the OM&HD ethos please email Kip Saunders. You will need to include pictorial evidence via screen grab or better still include iwitness URL evidence otherwise it will not be heard. Be warned tit for tat violence, known professional Gkers/Pkers whining will all be ignored and if you are found to be a pro-zed sympathiser then the dogs will be let loose.
8. I have alts and I play a zerger/same space alts game because I can, do you have a problem with this?
- The OM&HD doesn't play a zerger game and we don't accept multiple characters connected to one player 'helping' the OM&HD or the 'burb(s) we work in. We have no problem with a player using 1 alt of his/hers as a member working within the game's parameters of a solo existence. We don't accept players using alts to spy on or be a 'mole' to collect intelligence for/from other groups registered only forums. The only intelligence the OM&HD is interested in is gleaned from open sources such as this wiki. OM&HD are an open book and have no secrets as we have no care for 'spooks' from either side.
9. I'm zed what does the OM&HD expect of me?
- OM&HD members do not behave in a dual natured way. We are pro-human to the core so in undead state the human urge to remove the zeds overrides the unnatural urge to feast on human brains, so we use our zed skills to attack foreign zeds found inside buildings. They won't attack other OM&HD members due to the dogs growl and recognision. An OM&HD zed, if they still have the memories to do so, will also shut doors on the way out. OM&HD zombies will then rest up on the fastest RP and make a request on the DEM Tool.
10. I have Brain Rot can I still be a member?
- I'm afraid Brain Rot will exclude you from OM&HD. As before we are pro-human and Brain Rot is zed exclusive skill and has no business being in the pro-human realm. If you choose this skill set it is harder for you to get revived and begs the question why you chose this skill? Answering with 'To have all the skills just for the sake of it' is not a good enough reason as it will overload the APs and resources needed to breath life into your BR character. To us the BR skill set is a hindrance to the pro-human balance.
Stuff for deletion
- Hi Mister, this is Julie! An' the group is still active! Posts aren't frequent, but they're there, every month or so. --Julie the Kid 06:34, 4 August 2008 (BST)
- Thanks for the post Julie but we are there everyday thanks.--Kip Saunders 16:13, 4 August 2008 (BST)
Currently the suburb in question is Huntley Heights but one response to this query will be all that is needed to protect your group link on all suburb pages. I know this is a may seem a stupid request but it’s for all groups regardless of size. Thank you. --Adavastor 04:15, 31 July 2008 (BST)
This group is active --Kip Saunders 16:12, 4 August 2008 (BST)
|This frequency was confirmed active. Thank you for your reply.|
Hi there, folks. I know this may seem a rather strange request, but it's for all groups, regardless of size, to help keep the wiki up to date. Are you all still active and using the frequency? --Jen 01:36, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
The Great Suburb Group Massacre, 2009
|This group was confirmed active. Thank you for your reply.|
Thanks for your reply, and sorry if this seems like a stupid question. 23:15, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. 20:31, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
|This group was confirmed active. Thank you for your reply.|
Is your Radio frequency still in use?
|2010 Group Radio Activity Query|
|In order to maintain the wiki as an up to date source of information groups are occasionally removed from the Radio pages when they are no longer active.
Is this group still actively using the frequency specified on the Radio page as theirs? If so simply confirm here by writing something below. If not, it's frequency will be removed from Radio pages in 14 days.
I'm sorry if this is an inconvenience or it seems relatively stupid when put into context of your group, but it is our interest to treat all groups on the same level when doing these purges. A reply within 2 weeks will be greatly appreciated. --12:52, 25 August 2010 (BST)
- No response has been made in 2 weeks, and as such, your group will be removed from the list. If you come back at a later date and would like to reserve this frequency again, just place it back onto the available frequency of your choice. Thank you. -- 13:30, 8 September 2010 (BST)
Great Suburb Group Massacre 2011
|This group was confirmed active. Thank you for your reply.|
Great Suburb Group Massacre 2013
I'm a volunteer helping to do some janitorial work on the suburb pages of the wiki. As part of that, we're double-checking in which suburbs each group is active. Currently, you're listed in one or more suburbs, in addition to using a radio frequency. If you would like to continue being listed, then please respond within the next month with the radio frequency you are using and a list of every suburb where you are currently active. If we don't hear back from you or we can't get the information we need, we'll be removing you from the lists, but you're welcome to re-add yourself later. If you have any questions, feel free to visit our informational page. Thanks. -- FoD PK Praise Rando! 13:15, 25 October 2013 (BST)