Talk:St. Jude's Cathedral
From The Urban Dead Wiki
Alexei, you should really leave a comment in the summary as to why you reverted. John Rhames might be wondering why? --Celt Mac É©reann 19:06, 6 Dec 2005 (GMT)
Mmm, oops. I just thought it flowed better the way I rewrote it. less jarring. Alexei Yaruk 19:20, 6 Dec 2005 (GMT)
Yeah, I agree. --Celt Mac É©reann 04:01, 7 Dec 2005 (GMT)
Reverted last paragraph because of incorrect grammar. -Otona 06:25, 9 Nov 2005 (GMT)
I'm just making sure spelling and grammer stays relativey "good" people can view St. Jude in whatever light they feel most necessary.
- And a fine goal that is John. --Celt Mac É©reann 06:38, 9 Dec 2005 (GMT)
I added the map and moved most of the page into the History section, since the Current Status section was three or four paragraphs.
I would like to make the text red for the NecroTech building, the way it is on the suburbs map, but I can't figure out how to do that for only one cell of a table. --Dickie Fux 17:22, 3 Jan 2006 (GMT)
Not sure how often we expect to keep the population/barricade bit updated...there's only a dozen people there and most of them are Knights. --Felix Carivaggio 05:37, 8 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- When I added the maps to all five cathedrals, one of them had this section, so I added it to them all. They could all be removed, probably, or timestamped so people can tell if it's recent or not. --Dickie Fux 19:33, 8 Jan 2006 (GMT)
In mid January, a zombie group took the Cathedral and kill everyone inside? News to me. So much for the vaunted NPOV on this page. Jonny America 00:23, 21 Jan 2006 (GMT)
Quoted from your forum
- Posted by Felix Carivaggio
- Re: Current Cathedral Status
- ? Reply #24 on Jan 18, 2006, 11:45am ?
- So I come to the cathedral this morning and...
- It's abandoned?
- What the hell guys, where is everyone? The barricades are down and no one is here!
- --Dickie Fux 15:41, 21 Jan 2006 (GMT)
And you converted EVERYONE? So what's the estimated death toll, like 50? 60? How many zombies attacked? 100?
I guess my point is that if you update this history every time some zombies knock down the barricades, its going to get very long and boring. We certainly don't update it every time we kick you guys out of the Cathedral. Which happens every day.
But I digress, its pretty much your page anyway, put whatever you like on it. Jonny America
its pretty much your page anyway, put whatever you like on it.
I don't F@*king think so Jonny. Check the history tab. As far as the MCV are concerned, it belongs to all groups and if it is going to be point of viewed, it will be point of view from every angle. WHAT WE HAVE WE HOLD. ALL OR NOTHING. --Celt Mac É©reann 17:18, 13 Feb 2006 (GMT)
I like your enthusiasm Celt. Jonny America22:57, 24 February 2006 (GMT)
- Ahh, see what you mean. It would get a bit long and boring if every break in, kill, dump cycle were recorded. The significance is that it was the first attack of the Inquisition, not that the Cathedral itself was invaded. I agree, anything beyond that would be trivial. --Dickie Fux 21:27, 21 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- See, that I agree with to a point. Basically saying something like "The Inquisition made its presence known by attacking the Cathedral over two nights in January" I agree whole heartedly with. Even saying that the attack was successful, or that many survivor casualites where recorded, that I can understand. The way its worded now makes it sound like you wiped the Knights off the map killing hundreds in the process, and that you are now in control of the Cathedral. Jonny America
- I don't think most people would assume the Inquisition is controlling the Cathedral; zombies can't keep anybody out of any building, because they can't barricade or dump bodies. The only piece of geography held by any zombie group for any amount of time is the suburb of Ridleybank, which is a bit of a special case. We aren't holding it, but we weren't forced out, either; that is, we walked away under own power, we weren't killed and dumped, and we didn't get bored of assaulting barricades that wouldn't fall. So, it seemed best to leave it at "There was a successful attack that killed/converted everyone inside." ("Killed" and "converted" being semantic variants of the same term -- some hordes kill, CotR and the Inquisition convert.) --Dickie Fux 05:22, 22 Jan 2006 (GMT)
Song to lift the spirts
Hey jude, dont make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let her into your heart, Then you can start to make it better.
Hey jude, dont be afraid. You were made to go out and get her. The minute you let her under your skin, Then you begin to make it better.
And anytime you feel the pain, hey jude, refrain, Dont carry the world upon your shoulders. For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool By making his world a little colder.
Hey jude, dont let me down. You have found her, now go and get her. Remember to let her into your heart, Then you can start to make it better.
So let it out and let it in, hey jude, begin, Youre waiting for someone to perform with. And dont you know that its just you, hey jude, youll do, The movement you need is on your shoulder.
Hey jude, dont make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let her under your skin, Then youll begin to make it Better better better better better better, WWHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Na na na na na, na na na, hey jude...
Na na na na na, na na na, hey jude...''