The Blackmore Building
From The Urban Dead Wiki
In ruins with zeds in the block
|the Blackmore Building
The NecroTech logo glows gently above the front desk, and doors open onto a number of brightly-lit laboratories and computer rooms.
DescriptionNecroTech facility located in the suburb of Ridleybank. Though a faceless corporate structure to the uninitiated, this facility was once the heart of R&D for NecroTech within the suburb. This facility is the only NecroTech facility to be found in the entire suburb. The Blackmore Building is probably the most famous (or infamous) NecroTech facility in all of Malton. As the only NecroTech office within the suburb of Ridleybank, it is of critical value to survivors within the suburb- and for the same reason, a prime target for the ever-present zombie population. Back in the beginning of late August 2006, the Blackmore Building became the focus of a battle between zombie defenders of Ridleybank and a survivor incursion spearheaded by the New Malton Colossus. The survivors holding the Blackmore Building have taken to calling themselves the Blackmore Bastard Brigade. The building is oddly enough also considered the capitol of "Greater Blackmore".
For a time the Blackmore Building was in survivor hands until October 13th, 2006 when a combined force of RRF and Shacknews zombies overran and eliminated all the survivors during a 36-hour assault, the culmination of an extended seige against the building and all within its walls. The Blackmore Building has undergone many battles and sieges since mid-February 2007 and continues to be a frequent battleground for the control of Ridleybank.
Members of project NecroWatch, always cautious of the ever-present RRF horde, secretly rennovated the facility as part of their overall goals within the suburb. The scientists installed sensor eyes for A.L.I.C.E. throughout the building and uploaded NecroNet 2.0 into the facility's system terminals. Just how effective these measures will be have yet to be proven as the building often remains unpowered and unmanned these days, well, unmanned by survivors. Noted NecroTech scientist, Caleb Usher appeared doubtful that any zombies would ever report NecroNet scans from this location.
The Blackmore Building is one of the most contested buildings in Ridleybank and is either completely ransacked or under constant zombie siege. Historically the building is considered the most vital resource for survivors in the whole suburb and as such they have a policy of keeping it as heavily barricaded as possible at all times. The most active zombie groups in Ridleybank see this as an insult and the RRF, who are widely considered the monitors and owners of the suburb by survivor and zombie groups alike, have a policy of force through which the zombies constantly monitor the building in order to confirm that it remains unbarricaded and that all inside are properly dead.
Zombie tracking reports are a free service provided by the NecroTech corporation to all its staff and local survivors in order to help facilitate quicker response times when managing zombie threats and to build a greater awareness of zombie migration patterns within the 9x9 block region around the Blackmore Building. As a cautious reminder, only those zombies tagged with the DNA Extractor will appear on these scans, so actual numbers may vary when dealing with older zombies (i.e. Brain Rot).
The Blackmore Building
--Ksmjda 9:12, 25 November 2015 (PST)
Place most recent news at top
Older news may be found in the news archive.
Remember to keep news entries NPOV for this Suburb page.
Don't be a nobody - sign your posts!
Novenmber 19, 2015 - Thanks to DHPD,DEM, and others Blackmore is currently in survivor hands. Constant back and forth fighting has led to deaths on both sides. --Matt Aries (talk) 05:54, 20 November 2015 (UTC)
- Also, someone decorated the place with some nice Christmas lights, and a lot of pumpkins. --Jerran1 NecroConnect Creator/Admin 17:23, 21 November 2015 (UTC)
Novenmber 5, 2012 - NecroWatch reported in from the Blackmore Building. A recent scan had revealed that there were only 73 zombies within scanning range of the facility. Of these numbers, 32 zombies were at the Blackmore facility itself. --Dr Mycroft Chris 00:17, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
November 4, 2012 - NecroWatch reported in from the Blackmore Building. A recent scan had revealed that there were 66 zombies within scanning range of the facility. Of these numbers, 15 zombies were at the Blackmore facility itself. --Dr Mycroft Chris 12:11, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
- An alliance of pro-survivor groups still holds the building. PB&J 14:14, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
October 25, 2012 - The Malton Rangers have retaken Blackmore in honor of the real life passing of fellow Ranger, Winka. Ron's secret stash was found and much eulogizing was done. A Christmas tree was placed in her honor. Det Briscoe 13:57, 25 March 2012 (EST)
March 7, 2011 - Members of 1111, Malton Rangers and AZS are continuing to hold the building open. --Tassajaramonk 22:25, 7 March 2011 (UTC)
August 31, 2010 - Aaaaaaand, as indicated in the Danger Report for the building, Blackmoar is returned to its' natural ruined state. --Papa Johnny 15:51, 31 August 2010 (BST)
August 30, 2010 - Break-ins throughout the day drained the energy of many survivors. A large horde attack by the RRF has put 30 zombies inside, although approximately half of them have been killed at this point. This will be the make-or-break battle. If the survivors stand and fight, they might just pull through another night. If they break and run, the siege is over. --Wraith 02:08, 31 August 2010 (BST)
August 29, 2010 - Two minor break-in attempts were repulsed today. The RRF has eschewed an immediate attack on Blackmore for starving the defenders of resources by occupying TRPs. However, teams of survivors have struck back and reclaimed some buildings. The battle continues. --Wraith 04:43, 30 August 2010 (BST)
August 28, 2010 - Break-in attempts continued throughout the night, including one by the Minions of the Apocalypse. Casualties have been light among people, but heavy among generators and decorations. --Wraith 05:09, 29 August 2010 (BST)
August 27, 2010 - After several minor and a few major break-ins, the Blackmore Building is still in survivor hands. Numbers continue to grow both inside and outside the doors. --Justin 04:30, 28 August 2010 (BST)
August 26th, 2010 - A large numbers of survivors from many groups have been holding Blackmore against quickly rising numbers. They have drawn the attention of the RRF's DoHS so it's anyones guess how much longer they'll last. --Itsacon (Talk | Grungni | Ikhnaton) 08:54, 26 August 2010 (BST)
- Survivors have repelled two strikes so far. --Wraith 12:35, 26 August 2010 (BST)
- Currently (my maths is terrible) 1% Of Malton's Population is concentrated on this one square. --Rosslessness ; the shambling custodian of UD's past... 18:56, 26 August 2010 (BST)
June 4th, 2009 - Blackmore is back under contest. there are about 20 humans inside, while about 30 zombies outside. Breakins are common. the humans have resorted to combat reviving to keep the zombies at bay, which seems to be working...for now. --Moogohoogo 23:47, 4 June 2009 (BST)
April 3rd, 2009 - NecroWatch reported in from the Blackmore Building. A recent scan had revealed that there were 83 zombies within scanning range of the facility. Of these numbers, 17 zombies were at the Blackmore facility itself. --Mobius 13:32, 3 April 2009 (BST)
May 27th, 2008 - Zombies have recaptured this building as of today. -- Mordac the Refuser 21:00, 27 May 2008 (BST)
May 12th, 2008 - Still in survivor hands currently under attack by 20 odd zombies, around 80 survivors inside, EHB and lit with very fast revives at Margery Avenue (1 block West) Wealthysoup 12:29, 12 May 2008 (BST)
April 27th, 2008 - only 6 zeds assail this recently recaptured building.--Lardass 15:20, 27 April 2008 (BST)
January 27th, 2008 - 61 Zombies on the outside, 45 zombies on the inside. NO SURVIVORS. Someday they may return, but until then, we, the zombies, will prevail. --Simim 18:18, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
- Update: 55+ zombies inside, only 9 humans. To quote one of mah zambah brazzahs, "A zombie said "HAH HAH HAH!!!....NAH MANNAH HARMANZ NAH.!Z ZAHR?....RNRARRRH!!!" (25 minutes ago)" 04:09, 27 January 2008 (UTC) William_Joel
January 25th, 2008 - NecroWatch reported from the Blackmore Building revealing that there were 163 zombies within scanning range of the facility. Of these numbers, 107 zombies were detected assaulting the Blackmore facility directly. --Mobius187 21:32, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
January 22nd, 2008 - Scan says 99 zeds outside. Survivors are all healthy! They're holding well. --BoboTalkClown 21:23, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
- Readers are advised to remember that Scans can only show a bear minimum and in no way show the real status or number of zombies at any location at any time. --Karekmaps?! 21:28, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
- Went outside to check for myself, and found 95 zombies and 67 bodies. 105 Survivors inside, with power on and revives steady. Zombies seem to be trying to get revives at Margery and St. Theodore's. --Xshu 04:02, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
January 21st, 2008 - I just broke in and destroyed the transmitter, power was already down, 100 odd survivors, and 3 zombies inside. --William_Joel 05:24, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
January 20th, 2008 - Extreamly heavily barricaded with power, transmiter and 90+ zeds outside. --crabman2 12:30 (GMT)
January 16th, 2008 - NecroWatch reported a recent scan which showed that there were now 113 potentially hungry, or simply lost, zombies outside. Rather than risk opening the doors in order to provide the zombies with proper directions the survivors inside Blackmore NT opted to play it safe and keep the doors shut. Scientists agree, it was probably for the best. --Mobius187 17:49, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
January 13th, 2008 - 35 survivors inside, EHB, 65 hungry zombies outside. --Brom Armostrong 21:05, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
January 6th, 2008 - No power, no 'cades, no staff, no Mrh. 18:04, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
January 4th, 2008 - The Blackmore Building has fallen, reinforcements did not apparently arrive on time, I logged on as I was about to die, lovely! C4NT will return and save the building however! --Buck1522 00:08, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
January 3rd, 2008 - Cades go up and down quickly but 50 zombies have managed to get in and survivor numbers are below 30 now. 150 hungry zombies are outside waiting for their chance to munch on some brains. --User:Z-man 21:35, 3 January 2008 (GMT)
January 2nd, 2008 - Power's down, but zombies are out and cades are up. Coordinated RRF strikes knock cades down regularly. Handful of PKs running around. It's all a matter of whose reinforcements show up at this point. --Slicer 14:42, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
- Update: About 50 humans inside and about 60 zombies outside. Building is powered and with radio transmitter. --Malynyak 13:10, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
December 22nd, 2007 - Brains very tasty. Labs smashed. Stockings hung from NT sign. Happah Barhahmas! --Rottingwurms
December 21st, 2007- Survivors have retaken the Blackmore Building. It is currently under attack by the diminished RRF forces. It seems the Big Bash has really taken a lot of steam out of their suburb's defense. That is something the Blackmore Bastard Brigade and other small survivor groups plan to take full advantage of. --Agent J Krauser 22:29, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- Update: Coordinated strikes against Blackmore are starting to take place. The latest seeing 5 zombies sneaking in before the cades came back up. The number of zombies outside has grown to 30, while survivor reinforcements aren't arriving as fast as they could be. We are at hour 9 and still need more hands to hold the doors. Anyone who's serious about keeping Blackmore in survivor hands should report in immediately. --Agent J Krauser 22:29, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- Update: Afraid we couldn't last any longer. Hour 10 and the doors are wide open with 10+ zeds inside. I don't think we'll be able to recover as everyone really just gave their heart and soul to keeping those barricades up. Few survivors answered the call, but those who did were of very high quality, and did their very best to contribute to the building's defense. I personally blame the failure on the apathy and indifference of the survivors in the Nicols Mall. Not even an hour after Blackmore was taken, and the zombies had already coordinated an assault which saw 4 zeds break through. This is without a mass form of communication in-game. And yet, even with 10 hours of time to respond to our city wide radio requests, the call to arms was largely ignored. We were overrun by an RRF force that probably wasn't even at half strength, and we survivors only have ourselves to blame. I'd like to commend the RRF for being such powerful and overwhelming opponents, but I will remind them that this is far from over. --Agent J Krauser 02:08, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- Frankly, I think that if survivors really wanted to capture and then hold Blackmore (for more than a few hours), they'd have to take over the entire suburb. There have been multiple attempts by survivors in the past to capture and keep Blackmore functional and they have all ended the same way. -- Mordac the Refuser 02:35, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- Had a good fight. My zombie was one of the early ones in there and I was forced to play a very careful game of waiting to see somebody barricade, biting them, and then tearing down the barricades. Even then, I was worried not enough of my Brazarz !n Arrghhz could follow me in to do the needed damge. What surprised me was when defenders started to run; the more who lay their life on the line, the longer it takes us to score a ransack, and the better chance survivors have to turn the tide. Swiers 03:19, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- ^ That's exactly why I didn't run, but I don't really blame the others for doing so. At this point, outside of a large 15+ survivor group deciding to suddenly take up the cause, Blackmore will be lost by tomorrow. Still, from the ruins of blackmore, the seeds of a new Ridleybank have been sown. I've gotten in contact with a few of the survivors who helped in Blackmore's defense and am currently working on organizing a new survivor group: Revenge Squad. Spread the word. --Agent J Krauser 05:28, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
December 6th, 2007 - Survivors captured and powered the building for a brief period of time. Zombies, however, launched a swift counter-attack and took it back in a matter of hours. -- Mordac the Refuser 02:30, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
November 5th, 2007 - Blackmore is currently occupied with 31 zeds. They seem to be keeping someone active at all times to try and force the survivors out. Building is ruined and doors are open. --Mr NoName001 23:25, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
Notable Historical Events
- August 18th, 2006
- The Battle of Blackmore begins.
- October 13th, 2006
- Blackmore falls.
- November 5th, 2006
- The Channel 4 News Team and NMC retake the Blackmore Building at server reset. The Second Battle of Blackmore begins.
- November 21st, 2006
- Blackmore falls again.
- August 19th 2010
- Members of 404: Barhah not found accidentally repair the Blackmore Building. This leads to a two week siege of the premises involving almost 250 combatants.
- August 31st 2010
- Blackmore falls again.