Joining the B.A.R
So you wanna join the Regulars? Well all you need to do is visit the group's forum and post in the new members section. Once you have done this be sure to update your survivor's group affiliation to read: The Burchell Arms Regulars. It's as simple as that.
Are you worried that your survivor's dark history as either a zombie, vandal, or even a murderer might deny you access to joining our group? Relax, the BAR welcomes all survivors, so long as they have forsaken these paths and are truly looking for a new start with us. Don't worry if you have a few zombie skills. Why, we even have one recruit who has the Brain Rot skill, and, surprisingly now... A teetotaller. I know, we thought it could never happen, but it has!
Then, for an added bonus, feel free to post this banner on your userpage (if you have one) to show your support for the BAR:
If you have a portable radio be sure to tune it to 26.97 MHz so you will get any public BAR news updates. Once joined, your survivor is asked to check out our recommended reading, namely the BAR Guide. This is a guide for all new recruits, especially if you are still trying to get a handle on your priorities here in Malton. Even if you've been around for a while you might want to check it out. Of course if you don't want to read it, then you don't need to bother. Your call.
B.A.R Command Structure
While the BAR is as relaxed a group as they come, with all our members being encouraged to just have fun, we do still have a chain-of-command, if only so that we know someone is organizing where we'll be drinking each night.
The following lists all the ranks used within the BAR's group hierarchy:
- Patron - For whatever reason, these are survivors who have joined the BAR forum, but are not actually members of the BAR (yet). They may just be passing through or are still undecided on whether or not they wish to join. Whatever the case may be, they only have access to the public forum and are restricted from viewing the inner workings of the BAR.
- Regular - When a survivor has proved that they are of BAR material, they are entrusted with the rank of Regular. The Regulars are the "worker bees" of our organization, killing zombies and providing heals and revives with up to the minute information from the tactical, or Regular's section of the forum. Though technically the lowest rank, there is much pride in being a Regular. They are the backbone of the BAR. Indeed, no matter what rank, we refer to all BAR members as Regulars.
- Employee - When a Regular has proven sufficient dedication to the BAR, and actively participates in group activities, they may be promoted to Employee. Employees have access to the Lounge, where administrative decisions are voted upon, affecting the direction and future of the BAR. Employees are considered hardened veterans that know how to get things done. As such, they often recieve leadership opportunities for tactical operations, and often work jobs such as Deadbeat List Moderation.
- Supervisor - When an Employee has gone above and beyond in their duties, they may be made into a Supervisor. The process resembles an alcohol induced lobotomy and is really a sight to behold. Top shelf liquor all around, and oh, the ladies! Once they've awakened from their coma, they find that they have access to the Office and have more clout than ever before.
- Manager - Managers were kicking ass and taking names back when everyone else was sucking at their mother's teets. In the absense of Owners, Managers call the shots.
- Owner - They were once Managers. They were once human. Now they are only spoken of in hushed tones. Leading the BAR to new heights is their goal. It was Jim Phil's decision to pass Ownership over to his top two Managers, splitting the power he held and ensuring that personal liberty of each Regular is maintained. This tradition has been kept and even expanded upon in the next generation of Owners. It was their decision, that administrative decisions should be made by majority vote of Employees and Higher.
The following lists all the ranks used for the BAR's allies:
- Drinking Buddies - The name for any non-BAR survivor who represents another pro-survivor group trusted by the BAR. Survivors with this rank are allowed access to the "Pool Table of Diplomacy", a private section of the BAR's forum where they can discuss with the BAR all matters not intended for public viewing.
- V.I.P. - A "Very Important Patron"; just like Diplomats these are survivors who are not members of the BAR, but are instead either visiting dignitaries/ambassadors from Alliance Treaty allied groups or well-known survivors who have done a great service for the BAR. Even though they are not members VIPs are still trusted with access to the BAR's Office, which is exclusive to the BAR's upper ranks. This rank is so exclusive there are currently only two official members, Shotgun Ed (Friends of the Featherstone Library) and Sexy Rexy Grossman (The Dribbling Beavers).
- Investor - A survivor who has, through words and/or actions, distinguished themselves by providing continuous assistance to the BAR. This patronage indicates someone who has "invested" much personal time and effort towards supporting the BAR. Even though an investor is not a BAR member they are trusted with access to the BAR's Office, which is exclusive to the BAR's upper ranks. As a sign of respect, this is the highest rank a non-member can achieve. Currently the BAR's only investor is noted NecroTech scientist, Caleb Usher.
B.A.R Member List
Assignment - Status Types
The following is a brief explanation as to each possible status for this category, as noted for every member of the BAR in the list above:
- Stationed at The Burchell Arms - A BAR member who has taken up the patch of a Rolt Heights Defender. This member stays at the Burchell Arms pub and is most active throughout Rolt Heights, as the defense of the suburb is their primary concern. This is most common assignment for BAR members, both rookie and veteran.
- The Traveling Drunk Tank - A BAR member who has chosen to tour with the TDT, a temporary team event which randomly occurs every few months depending on the overall security of Rolt Heights. As the team is mobile the suburb they function in changes from week to week, but their goal is to provide anti-zombie support (killing zombies, reviving survivors, recapturing TRPs, ect.) to any survivor group(s) situated in their current suburb.
- Revive Corps - A BAR member who is currently working with BAR's dedicated reviver team, and as such, is most likely stationed at a nearby NT building, such as the Clewett Building in Pescodside.
- The Burchell Newscast Team (Radiomen) - A BAR member who is wears make-up... No, no, no! Not in that way; they're getting ready for their radio show or to print the newspaper. Oh! I see what you mean now...
- The Knight Watchmen - A BAR member who is dedicated to enforcing justice in Rolt Heights and its adjacent suburbs through the hunting and executing of criminals (i.e. PKer, GKer). They can commonly be found stationed at the Burch' when they are not hunting down scum.
Beer Valhalla or Bust
There comes a time in every survivor's life when they die for that last time or simply move off to new territories. This is the list of all those BAR members who have departed from our group or have simply been dead for too darn long. They are listed here in the order that they first joined the BAR.
Assignment - Status Types
The following is a brief explanation as to each possible status for this category, as noted for every former member of the BAR in the list above:
- MIA - When a BAR member is no longer active then the BAR considered them MIA, or more likely, KIA. The BAR salutes and raises a final toast to its fallen members. May they find much beer in Valhalla. Or instead go straight to Beer Valhalla, which if it truly exists, would be ten times cooler.
- Retired - As with MIA, this is when a BAR member is no longer active. However, unlike MIA members, this status is only applicable to those Regulars who have shown their unswerving loyalty and total dedication to the BAR by standing alongside their brothers for several months. The BAR knows that life in Malton is harsh and there are always casualties, but it is always hardest whenever we lose one of our own. Therefore the BAR solemnly wishes these retired members all the best on the road ahead, wherever it may take them.
- Resigned - Sometimes a survivor comes to realize that it's time to move on or simply decides that the BAR is not for them. By changing their group affiliation or simply removing the BAR affiliation from it, they have bid farewell to their former brothers-in-arms. All members have the right to do this and the BAR wishes them well (so long as they continue to walk the straight and narrow).
- Dishonorable Discharge - While very uncommon, should a BAR member ever be found to have betrayed the trust of his fellow patrons (spitting, as it were, in their proverbial beer) and/or is proven to have killed an innocent survivor with full knowledge of the fact, then they are thrown out of the BAR by the scruff of their neck. The BAR does not condone the actions of liars, traitors, or murderers. Bad blood is not unexpected, with the BAR actively hunting and executing any such branded individual on sight.
The following list records all of the formal and informal alliances that the BAR has formed with other survivor groups in Malton. Allies are expected to watch our backs, and in return we watch theirs. That, along with a healthy dose of respect and a stronger dose of liquor is all that the BAR asks from its allies. Obviously most alliances, or at least the most effective ones, are with those groups who are in or near Rolt Heights.
Most formal alliances with the BAR fall into one of these three categories:
- Non-Aggression Pact - The BAR approves of the ideals and goals professed by the other group. The alliance usually agrees with or supports a specific short-term goal with the allied group (i.e. to help manage a revive point). The BAR considers this to be a minimal-level alliance.
- Support Accord - The BAR has agreed that no violence will be directed towards the group and their boundaries, or area of influence, will be respected. In turn the BAR expects similar treatment. This pact may also include mutual support when either group requests it, but only if within reason (i.e. the ally's HQ is under siege). The BAR considers this to be a moderate-level alliance.
- Alliance Treaty - The BAR considers the group good friends and allies. As such, if either group is in trouble they promise to provide mutual aid and forces as required (i.e. the ally is targeted by an enemy, thus this enemy becomes the BAR's enemy). The BAR considers this to be a high-level alliance.
Fallen Comrades: The following allied groups have disbanded or are inactive. We honor their friendhship here.
| Allied Group
|| Alliance Type
|5th of November
||October 8th, 2006
||May 10th, 2010
|F for Freedom
||January 29th, 2007
|Friends of the Featherstone Library
||April 27th, 2007
|Malton Anarchist Federation
||April 26th, 2007
||June 15th, 2011
|Malton Guerilla Legion
||February 24th, 2009
|Malton Music Industry
||April 4th, 2007
||September 23rd, 2008
||April 26th, 2007
|The Funkiller Squad
||January 20th, 2011
||January 1st, 2009
|(To The) Four Winds
||October 2nd, 2006