From The Urban Dead Wiki
This page is for the election of Bureaucrats.
- What is a Bureaucrat?
- A Bureaucrat (sometimes called a crat) is a user with the special ability to promote and demote users to and from administrative roles (i.e. Bureaucrat and System Operator) on Urban Dead Wiki.
- Like other administrative roles on the wiki, Bureaucrats do not have any control over the game or its operation. Their responsibilities are strictly related to the wiki.
- Who gets to be a Bureaucrat?
- System Operators (usually called sysops) who are elected by the community can become Bureaucrats. For more information on how to become a sysop, read the Promotions page.
- The wiki maintains two Bureaucrats at all times, with elections occurring every six months or in response to the demotion of a sitting Bureaucrat.
- A sitting Bureaucrat can run for re-election, provided they meet all eligibility requirements (e.g. they're not inactive), with no limits on how many terms they can serve.
- Who can vote?
- All wiki users are allowed to vote. Users are eligible for one vote per seat that is up for election.
- Sysops running in the election are allowed to vote for themselves.
- Rules concerning the election.
- An election is started immediately upon the resignation or demotion of a sitting Bureaucrat.
- Both Bureaucrat seats are up for election every six months, on June 1st and December 1st.
- The election ends after two weeks, counting from the when the election is started.
- The candidates with the most and second-most votes win the election.
- In the event of a tied vote the currently sitting bureaucrats will decide between the tied candidates.
- Rules concerning candidates.
- All active users with the sysops status are automatically declared candidates for any vacant Bureaucrat positions.
- Users who are not eligible for automatic demotion by the Truly Inactive Sysops policy are considered "active" for purposes of the election.
- The Bureaucrats whose positions come up for election if said election is started under rule 2 of Rules concerning the election are automatically declared candidates.
- Unless said otherwise, a Bureaucrat who is demoted due to inactivity is not eligible in the ensuing election to fill their seat.
- A candidate can retract their own candidacy at any time.
- Rules concerning voting.
- All users have only one vote per Bureaucrat position to be filled.
- This means that, in regular elections started under rule 2 of Rules concerning the election, each user has two votes. In unscheduled elections started under rule 1, each user has only one vote.
- Users vote for a candidate by signing under the preferred candidate's name.
- Users cannot cast more than one vote per candidate.
- Users may change their votes for a candidate as long as the election has not ended.
- Multiple votes at the same time will be struck.
- Sockpuppetry is considered vandalism.
The bureaucrat election for the June-December term begins June 1.
- Start Time:
- Finish Time:
Archived Bureaucrat Promotions
For earlier bureaucrat promotions, see the following:
- This year's bureaucrat promotions
- Last year's bureaucrat promotions
- Sysop Archives for other related activities
|Bureaucrat Election Archive|
Jun | Dec