This is an archive page for UDWiki:Administration/Move Requests. This page represents all move requests archived in the month of October 2008.
Moved. --ZsL 21:02, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
||Akule Maker of fine, hand-crafted UDWiki sass since 2006 -- Akule School's back in session™ 00:10, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
||It's a group page masquerading as a category page. He should have put it under the group page he made.
||..And The Dead Shall Walk The Earth!!!
Impossible. You can move the content manually, if you like. -- AHLGTG THE END IS NIGH! 00:11, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
- Moved =] DANCEDANCEREVOLUTION (TALK | CONTRIBS) 09:55, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
Done -- boxy talk • teh rulz 02:21 26 October 2008 (BST)
- ty.--Nallan (Talk) 02:56, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- Well, it wasn't deleted when it was put up on there. I don't see it getting moved either. I'm not sure I see the point in having a talk page for a talk page.--– Nubis NWO 14:43, 14 October 2008 (BST)
- The point?
From Talk:Suggestions#Discussion (Suggestion A/S/L):
- There are things that occasionally need to be discussed about Talk:Suggestions, like format, how long the suggestions stay on the page, what kind of suggestions are allowed etc. Like I said, the page is complex and big enough to warrant its own page, with a dedicated talk page. Normal talk pages are much easier to follow because they're automatically included in the watchlist if the main page is. Then there's the natural way of just clicking the "discussion" tab when you want to, you know, discuss things about the page. Where should you discuss things about a discussion page? It's very unclear and confusing, especially to newbies. I'm pretty sure Talk:Developing Suggestions would get more traffic than Category_talk:Suggestions#Discussion_About_Talk:Suggestions, which would mean that you wouldn't have to post things on Talk:Suggestions that do not belong there. --Midianian|T|T:S|C:RCS| 15:24, 14 October 2008 (BST)
- I think this is a good idea. The Suggestions pages are confusing enough without having a talk page be used in such a manner. --PdeqTalk* 23:06, 14 October 2008 (BST)
It's probably a good idea, but such a major move should be discussed within the community before bringing it here. Ironically that would be on Category Talk:Suggestions -- boxy talk • teh rulz 13:09 16 October 2008 (BST)
- Which is why I brought it here. I didn't think it would get moved right away and it most likely gets more discussion here than there. though this page doesn't really get much traffic either... --Midianian|T|T:S|C:RCS| 13:23, 16 October 2008 (BST)
- I agree. Ironically (compared to my above statement) if this notion gets enough support here, it should probably be posted on Talk:Suggestions, so the mob there can decide. Linkthewindow Talk 11:54, 17 October 2008 (BST)
Anyone who is actually involved with the suggestions system has Category Talk Suggestions watched, the only people who aren't are arrogant trenchies who want to post their latest railgun suggestion. -- . . <== DDR Approved Editor 11:53, 17 October 2008 (BST)
- Even if that were true (which I don't think it is), it's still big and complex enough to deserve its own page & talk page. This makes it at least a little easier to find the first time and it's easier to reach on the following times (just click the "discussion" tab like everywhere else). Category_talk:Suggestions is a mess with discussion for Talk:Suggestions and the category page, discussion of the suggestions system in general, and discussing and voting on suggestion policies on it. This makes it a little cleaner. Yeah, sure, they're not very big advantages but if there aren't any downsides to the move (and none have been mentioned yet), why not move it? --Midianian|T|T:S|C:RCS| 13:22, 17 October 2008 (BST)
- This is sorely needed. We need some system which doesn't blow our minds every time we load that dreaded page. DANCEDANCEREVOLUTION (TALK | CONTRIBS) 00:16, 18 October 2008 (BST)
I've read through the arguments above and I'll carry out the request. I'll also make sure that all the links into Talk:Suggestions (itself becoming a redirect) are changed accordingly. -- Cheese 19:55, 20 October 2008 (BST)
Thanks for the move, Cheese. But, you missed this overflow page. I've already changed the link on the new overflow page (Developing Suggestions/Overflow1), but the old overflow page needs to be moved. Thanks. There are also various old links that I'll go through and weed out (ie: the page linking to a "discussion" still links to Cat. Current Suggestions.) Thanks. Linkthewindow Talk 21:41, 20 October 2008 (BST)
- Dun!! -- Cheese 21:45, 20 October 2008 (BST)
- I worked so hard on the article on that Overflow page, too. *sigh* --– Nubis NWO 19:01, 23 October 2008 (BST)
What about this page? --Midianian|T|DS|C:RCS| 20:31, 23 October 2008 (BST)
- Well, technically it only got 2 keep votes so wouldn't that make it Peer Rejected? :D Actually, since the Overflow page is the main page (and not a talk page) that can just stay there. --– Nubis NWO 01:51, 24 October 2008 (BST)
- Moved. -- AHLGTG THE END IS NIGH! 00:25, 15 October 2008 (BST)
- 9 minutes? Not bad, not bad at all! :D ᚱᛖᚢᛖᚾᚨᚾᛏ 00:31, 15 October 2008 (BST)
- Done. -- AHLGTG THE END IS NIGH! 00:25, 15 October 2008 (BST)
- Fixad.--– Nubis NWO 04:33, 11 October 2008 (BST)
||WanYao 11:26, 2 October 2008 (BST)
||I'm not sure how Moves work... but the reason I'm asking for a move, instead of a simple cut 'n' paste edit is because I'd like preserve the orginal page's edit history. If Moving the page allows this, please make it so; if it doesn't, I'll do it the old fashioned way. (And if the new blank "Gallery" subpage needs to be speedydeleted and re-created to transfer the edit history, do so, you don't need my seperate permission.) Thanks.
Yeah, page moves preserve the edit history, but do you want it moved to a template sub-page (which means it's a template itself), or to the talk page sub-page, so it's just a record of images? -- boxy talk • i 12:33 2 October 2008 (BST)
- Yeah, make it a subpage of the Talk Page, please (call it "Gallery"). That's the least problematic solution. I thought of just giving it its own own page, but it's both a "gallery" and a "reporting thread" for users of the template -- so it's best it be connected to the template, I think. Thanks. --WanYao 12:58, 2 October 2008 (BST)
- Gah, and I need to speedy the page I created, sigh. --WanYao 12:59, 2 October 2008 (BST)
Moved to Template talk:ExtremeRepair/Gallery -- boxy talk • i 13:08 2 October 2008 (BST)
Moved, but capitalisation is important -- boxy talk • i 12:35 2 October 2008 (BST)