UDWiki:Administration/Policy Discussion/Better Vandal Data/Example2
From The Urban Dead Wiki
THIS IS A MADE-UP EXAMPLE. I, GILES SEDNIK, FAKED THE SIGNATURES AND AM SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THE CONTENT. THE CASES ARE HYPOTHETICAL. THE USERS WHOSE NAMES AND SIGNATURES APPEAR HERE DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CREATION OF THIS PAGE, NOR DID THEY HAVE PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF IT'S EXISTENCE. THEY DIDN'T ACTUALLY MAKE ANY OF THESE STATEMENTS, AND MY INCLUSION OF THEIR NAMES DOESN'T IMPLY THEIR APPROVAL OF THIS POLICY, THE STATEMENTS, OR ANY OF THE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATIONS.
IT'S JUST AN EXAMPLE!!!
Guidelines for De-Escalation Requests
All De-Escalation Requests must contain the following information in order to be considered:
- A link to the user in question. Preferably bolded for visibility.
- A criteria for de-escalation. This should be short and to the point, including relevant links A/VD and A/VB if available.
- A signed datestamp. This can be easily done by adding
~~~~to the end of your request.
Any deletion request that does not contain these four pieces of information will not be considered, and will be removed by a system operator.
To be eligible for a De-Escaltion Request, the user must fall under one of the following criteria:
- 1 Month and 250 Edits: At least 1 month has passed since the user's last vandalism infraction, and they have made 250 good-faith edits to the wiki in that time.
- Invalid Vandalism Ruling: The vandalism data on the user's record is incorrect, because the specific vandalism ruling in question has been subsequently reversed.
Cycle of Warnings and Bans
The cycle of warnings and bans is laid out in these guidelines. De-Escalations will be administered starting with the 2nd warning, then working backwards through bans, and finally ending with the first warning, provided there are no acts of vandalism committed by the user in the interim period.
- No. Fails crit 1 because the user has not make 250 edits since then. Please check the users contributions before submitting another request to A/DE -- --16:05, 1 December 2535 (UTC)
Here's DCC's Vandal Data. There's a 1 week ban on April 2008, and her next act of vandalism was on September 2009. So she's eligible for crit 1 De-Escalation (250 edits). The week ban from 15:44, 9 April 2008 (UTC) should be struck.~ Red Hawk One Talk | space for lease20:05, 2 December 2535 (UTC)
- This fails crit 1 because the edits weren't in good faith because DCC hacked nubis's account or something and he was vandalizing the whole time. Am i right?GANG Giles Sednik CAPD 20:10, 2 December 2535 (UTC)
- Fuck off, retard. And do your homework. lol, love u bob, I'm just havin some fun with the example ;). Her edits during that time as DCC were not considered vandalism per se. The act of hacking nubis' account was vandalism. She was warned and Nubis got misconducted. Happy? I'm striking the week ban from april.--Cyberbob Talk 20:13, 2 December 2535 (UTC)