UDWiki:Administration/Policy Discussion/Close the Suggestions Section
|Guidelines — Policy Document|
This page is a statement of official UDWiki Policies and Rules. See Policy Discussion for policy additions and changes.
|Administration Services — Protection.|
This page has been protected against editing. See the archive of recent actions or the .
This suggestion proposes the indefinite closure of UDWiki's Suggestions system, leaving it protected as a historical archive. However, Developing Suggestions will remain open for general discussion of suggestions or game mechanics. This policy also allows itself to be rescinded in the event that Kevan does return and update the game in future.
During UDWiki's peak, the suggestions system was a hub of activity. More than 1000 suggestions have been proposed for consideration as of 2019. However, since the modern suggestions system was implemented in 2006, less than 1% of all suggestions ever became implemented suggestions, regardless of whether they were reviewed or rejected. Unfortunately, Kevan rarely implemented suggestion proposed by the community.
In August 2019 it will be 9 years since Urban Dead had an update that wasn't a seasonal flavour change. 10 suggestions have been made in the past 5 years. It seems unlikely that Kevan will ever implement another update, and therefore even more unlikely the suggestions system will ever see any use again.
|Suggestions System Closed|
|UDWiki's Suggestions section has been closed indefinitely, as per this policy vote. This page remains here as a historical archive.
Please direct any general suggestion discussion to Developing Suggestions.
The above banner will be added to the following pages:
These pages will also be protected.
Developing Suggestions will remain open, for any general suggestion discussion. Any procedural instructions or introductory text on Developing Suggestions that become redundant from this policy will be removed or reworded.
The following banner will be placed at the top of the page:
|The Suggestions system has been closed indefinitely and Developing Suggestions is no longer functions as a part of the suggestions process.
However, you are welcome to use this page for general discussion on suggestions.
|Votes must be numbered, signed, and timestamped. They can take one of two forms:
Votes that do not conform to the above will be struck by a sysop.
|The only valid voting sections are For and Against. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.|
- Author Vote 13:31, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
- Yes this Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 13:54, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
- Yes Given that the page is still open for people to discuss ideas, I don't think that hampers anyone's creativity or expression. This seems to be just removing the whole voting process and the administrative business associated with processing suggestions. There's no point to the rigamarole anymore. --Ginormous (talk) 20:23, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - we should've closed it some 5 years ago already. --hagnat 07:48, 7 August 2019 (UTC)
- Yes - Not a fan of giving newbies false hope that something will change about the terrible state of Urban Dead. Make it clear that pipe dreams will stay pipe dreams. -- FoD PK Praise Rando!17:07, 8 August 2019 (UTC)
- Yes. If circumstances change, it won't exactly be difficult to reopen it. - Cheese 12:13, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, admittedly the Suggestions Section isn't the most useful objectively. But it also does no harm to the useability of the Wiki to still have around. If people want to excercise their creativity in this way, I'd let them go ahead. --Rosey 15:47, 6 August 19 (UTC)
- Nyet, tovarishe The Suggestions area of the wiki has barely been active in the last few years. Keeping it open means minimal workload on the sys-op team, while closing it means admitting defeat. (Not that I expect Kevan to implement any peer-approved suggestion anytime soon, but a man can dream.) -- Spiderzed▋ 22:12, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
|Zombie Catapults! (There is no problem to fix, ya bunch of closers and doomsters. I'm with Rosey and the Spider on this one, and if'n ya know your buttox from your mid-arm joint you'll change yer votes.) --Funt Solo QT 02:49, 22 August 2019 (UTC)sorry Funt, voting closed a couple of days ago 23:13, 22 August 2019 (UTC)
With 6 votes For and 2 Against, this policy has passed.23:13, 22 August 2019 (UTC)