UDWiki:Administration/Sysop Archives/Novelty/2006-03-05 Promotion
|Browse the Sysop Archives|
|Bureaucrat Promotions | Demotions | Misconduct (TBD) | Promotions | Re-Evaluations|
|2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019|
This page is an archive of Novelty's Promotions candidacy. If you wish to speak with this candidate, please use their Talk page. If you believe that the candidate has abused the abilities and privileges granted them by this promotion, please report them for misconduct.
I've been around for almost half a year now, and I've mainly concerened myself with the location pages. I guess I pretty much set the standard for the Location pages with the Yagoton Locations, and I've ensured that the standard is followed throughout the wiki to maintain some semblance of consistancy in the location pages. I've also created a stub for location pages. I also keep an eye on the suggestion and deletion pages. I'd very much like to become a moderator. --Nov 12:03, 5 March 2006 (GMT)
- Novelty has been a great help to me on this wiki, I'm more than happy to vouch for him. --Aiden H. 01:56, 6 March 2006 (GMT)
- His work on wiki speaks for itself; a lot of the orginization on grouping on the site is due in great deal to Noveltys contributions. --MorthBabid 08:30, 6 March 2006 (GMT)
- I'll happily vouce for Novelty. -- Odd Starter talk | Mod | W! 00:28, 10 March 2006 (GMT)
- Knowing Novelty outside of the confines of Urban Dead, I can definelty vouch for his adept and careful nature. Easily Mod material. --Zylock 17:40, 9 March 2006 (GMT)
- He has greatly contributed to the wiki, especially to location pages. --Brizth W! 13:59, 10 March 2006 (GMT)
- Just a standard questionnaire... -- Odd Starter talk • Mod • W! 01:10, 13 March 2006 (GMT)
- What Moderator duties do you see yourself focusing on, as a rule?
- How do you react to criticism online?
- What is your current attitude to the moderators, as a group?
- Have you had any previous position of responsibility in any other online communities, and if so, elaborate?
- Some answers...
- Location pages of course. When I started with the Yagoton Locations pages way back, I knew there was a huge scope of work to get all 10,000 location pages "up to scratch" with some semblance of uniformity. I would like to see that work through. Obviously, I'll also help out with the various other moderator duties - deletions, reverting vandalism, etc.
- Constructive criticism is always welcomed. I just ignore the destructive criticism.
- I have the highest respect for the current batch of moderators here on the wiki. I think the moderators on this wiki are overworked and underappreciated. Most people forget that they are voluntarily carrying out the moderator duties and they probably do not see the insane amount of time that a moderator has to devote to this wiki.
- Previous, as in former, none. Current responsibilities in online communities include...
- --Nov W!, Talk 01:31, 13 March 2006 (GMT)
- Some answers...
- I am strongly in favor of this nomination. Novelty is one of the best users on the wiki, and an invaluable contributor to the Locations section. This wiki indeed owes much of its organization to the efforts of this user, and his experience with other moderation and wiki work is definitely welcome. If I was to pick one current member of the wiki to be a moderator (excluding Katthew), it would be Novelty. --LibrarianBrent 05:28, 13 March 2006 (GMT)
- I don't really know him since we work in different areas of the wiki, but his work speaks for itself. --Zaruthustra-Mod 03:53, 18 March 2006 (GMT)
- I've had little dealings with him and I don't know wether my voice lends much weight to his nomination, but as an user I would have no problems at all with novelty as a moderator.--Vista W! 22:01, 24 March 2006 (GMT)