From The Urban Dead Wiki
This page is for the reporting of vandalism within the Urban Dead wiki, as defined by vandalism policy. On this wiki, the punishment for Vandalism is temporary banning, but due to security concerns, the ability to mete out this punishment is restricted to System Operators. As such, regular users will need to lodge a report for a Vandal to be banned from the wiki. For consistency and accountability, System Operators are requested to note on this board their actions in dealing with Vandals.
Guidelines for Vandalism Reporting
In dealing with Vandalism, time is often of the essence. As such, we ask that all users include the following information in a Vandalism report:
- A link to the pages in question.
- Preferably bolded for visibility. If the Vandalism is occurring over a sufficiently large number of pages, instead include a time range of the vandalism attempt, or alternatively, a link to the first vandalised page. This allows us to quickly find the damage so we can quickly assess the situation.
- The user name of the Vandal.
- This allows us to more easily identify the culprit, and to check details.
- A signed datestamp.
- For accountability purposes, we ask that you record in your request your user name and the time you lodged the report.
- Please report at the top.
- There's conflict with where to post and a lot of the reports are missed. If it's placed at the top of the page it's probably going to be seen and dealt with.
If you see Vandalism in progress, don't wait for System Operators to deal with it, as there may be no System Operator online at the time. Lodge the report, then start reverting pages back to their original form. This can be done by going to the "History" tab at the top of the page, and finding the last edit before the Vandal's attack. When a System Operator is available, they'll assess the situation, and if the report is legitimate, we will take steps to either warn the vandal, or ban them if they are on their second warning.
If the page is long, you can add new reports by editing the top report and placing your new report above its header in the edit screen.
Before Submitting a Report
- This page, Vandal Banning, deals with bad-faith breaches of official policy.
- Interpersonal complaints are better sorted out at UDWiki:Administration/Arbitration.
- As much as is practical, assume good faith and try to iron out problems with other users one to one, only using this page as a last resort.
- Avoid submitting reports which are petty.
Vandalism Report Space
|Action taken||Notice on talk page|
- Is there a specific edit you're self-reporting on? You submitted this report not having made an edit in ~3 years. Bob Moncrief MTT•W! 16:58, 15 March 2017 (UTC)
Soft warning - shitting up overused administration pages, for shame -- boxy 10:06, 17 March 2017 (BST)
- I was leaning towards a permaban, but I guess I'll settle for a soft warning, so long as I don't have to be the one to deliver it. —Aichon— 15:52, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
Turgid Warning --Rosslessness ; the shambling custodian of UD's past... 19:59, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- Since there's been no reply, I guess a soft, velvety warning is in order. Bob Moncrief MTT•W! 20:17, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
Enough of that soft warning bullshit, time to bring down the iron fist on all those common users who dare to act up against the wiki nobility. Death by Snu-Snu -- Spiderzed▋ 20:51, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
- To be fair, I stipulated that I wasn't to be the one to do it. At least I was up front about it. ;) —Aichon— 06:11, 23 March 2017 (UTC)
- That's the beauty of it... if he comes back here to do it again, anytime soon, he'll see it. Checkmate, Atheists! -- boxy 13:22, 23 March 2017 (BST)
Vandal Banning Archive