UDWiki:Did You Know
|Did You Know?|
This is the project page for coordinating the content of the "Did You Know" section on the Main Page and Community Portal. DYKs are short, factual quips to reveal interesting facts on Urban Dead. It's important that these facts are neutral and no more than 200 words. In addition, they should not boast or defame groups or users.
The Did You Know template is to be updated once in a while from the selection of DYKs, with the ones waiting the longest being added first, limited to a max of roughly 10 (depending on the length). Did You Knows should be Urban Dead (or zombie) related and should be duplicates.
Current Did You Know?
- ...that Malton has islands?
- ...that you aren't the first person to notice there's a lot of funny location names in Malton?
- ...that Summers Towers was the first documented Pinata?
- ...that The Valentine's Day Massacre was (possibly) the first documented PK massacre?
- ...that the Rooster was the first player to find Malton's Emergency Broadcast Network?
- ...that the vast majority of the last 50 survivors in Borehamwood were originally from Northwest Borehamwood?
- ...that there are six locations which appear multiple times within the same suburb?
- ...thats it's been more than three years since we last had a coup?
- ...that although the Dead were hugely successful, the living were a complete failure?
- ...that St. Daniel's Church is the only location which appears in multiple suburbs and multiple times within a suburb?
Add your suggestions here at the bottom and sign with four tildes (~~~~) or . If there is no significant disagreement with the DYK, update the template once a week from the top 10 or so from this list.
- ...that this game is like "The Godfather" movies; if you think you can leave, they'll drag you back in, like some feral zombie breakin' into your safehouse (See any long term player that "retires" from UD)--Dr Mycroft Chris 08:18, 19 May 2009 (BST)
- Really? --Darth Sensitive W! 01:07, 10 July 2009 (BST)
- Yup...I'm back after a year and checking my old posts! Can't believe this is still here--Dr Mycroft Chris 19:50, 23 April 2011 (BST)
- ...that although Mackerel is a well known type of fish, Club MacKerel is spelled with a capital K in-game, suggesting a Scottish word of some sort instead? -- RoosterDragon 23:25, 5 June 2009 (BST)
- ...that there are 35 locations in Malton that can be spoken by zombies with Death Rattle? --xoxo 16:18, 6 July 2009 (BST)
- ...that the suburbs of Eastonwood and Ruddlebank both have a Cheeke Building NecroTech?-- Uberursathis bear wants honey 21:46, 26 August 2009 (BST)
- ...that the suburbs of Chancelwood and Quarlesbank both have a Haslock Building NecroTech?-- Uberursathis bear wants honey 21:46, 26 August 2009 (BST)
- ...that the creator of Iwitness had no knowledge of any programing language other than HTML when he started the project? Swiers 05:04, 2 April 2010 (BST)
- ...that the most recurring building name in the city of Malton is "St. Piran's Church"? --Sophie ◆◆◆ CAPD 09:37, 2 April 2010 (BST)
- ...that the wiki page for the Monroeville Many has been accessed more times than all other Monroeville Zombie Groups combined? --Rosslessness 22:03, 17 June 2012 (BST)
- ...that the month with the most recorded newsworthy wiki events was February, 2011? ~ 07:13, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
- ...that Borehamwood and Monroeville will never be reopened, due to contractual obligations? --Rosslessness 17:19, 25 June 2012 (BST)
- ...that the suburb of East Grayside was continuously rated as safe from November 2011 to March 2016? Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 18:56, 18 March 2016 (UTC)
- ...that Monroeville, an early version of the "battle royale" genre, preceded Fortnite by 9 years? 07:46, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
Complete list of Did You Know?
- ...that the Clothes/Suggestions page usually ended up with lots of talk that were spam?
- ...that the wiki once had 9068 uncategorised images?
- ...that some zombies don't like noise!
- ...that you can't dump a dead body from a Dark building?
- ...that the people are hungry for Hippos?
- ...that Rosslessness is the user to suggest the most did you knows in a row, with a total of 10?
- ...that Malton has its own fan fiction?
- ...that Lamport Walk PD is an island, not visible with binoculars, and outside of NecroNet coverage?
- ...that Penny Heights is the only suburb with 2 malls?
- ...that there are certain areas that are not covered by NecroNet and can't be visually scouted either?
- ...that Danversbank has two mobile phone masts?
- ...that Paynterton also has two mobile phone masts?
- ...that you can't die through falling out of a ruined building?
- ...that Pitneybank is the most viewed suburb with almost 300,000 views?
- ...that Peddlesden Village is the least viewed suburb with fewer than 50,000 views?
- ...that Dartside and Ridleybank share the record for most hospitals in a suburb, seven?
- ...the Scottish Flag is the most used flag on the wiki?
- ...that the Blackmore Bastard Brigade once shot 40 zombies outside the Blackmore building in a matter of moments? For no real reason?
- ...that Kevan's Zombie is called Bub?
- ...that the password of the password player is password?
- ...that the wiki has 19,289 articles?
- ...that giving revives used to only cost 1 AP?
- ...that some users on this wiki are evil?
- ...that there have been three Urban Dead cities?
- ...that some people play Urban Dead too much?
- ...that some people don't play Urban Dead enough?
- ...that Sonny Corleone has led the largest survivor, zombie and pker organisations?
- ...that 72 suburbs were once classified as "dangerous?"
- ...that Testy McTesterson is the only level 1 fireman that doesn't have axe proficiency?
- ...that Mornington is the only suburb with absolutely no NecroNet coverage at all, not even an overlap?
- ...that STREETS IS WATCHIN'?
- ...that this wiki was once filled with quizzes?
- ...that some people on this wiki used to race by signing their usernames?
- ...that survivors used to be left standing up after a revive?
- ...that The Dead once jumped from around two hundred to above four hundred in a matter of weeks?
- ...that Greentown has no NecroTech buildings, yet 83% of it is covered by NecroNet?
- ...that The Randoms were started up as a joke on April Fools Day 2006?
- ...that if you're a WikiWitch, you better watch out?
- ...that you can make your own UD Game on the wiki?
- ...that Kevan has a sense of Humour?
- ...that password was already a fully levelled character?
- ...that various webcomics are based on Urban Dead, including Necrophobic, N00dles and Mistakes Were Made?
- ...that Urban Dead players once took industrial action against Kevan?
- ...that the Tommy Gun was so powerful in Urban Dead that it never actually existed?
- ...that the great zombie horde LUE were once defeated by a single piece of rectangular wood?
- ...that Malton was the site of a Great Fire?
- ...that a level one survivor standing outside is known as a Street Treat?