A compact 5.56mm assault rifle.
Specifics are as follows:
- Armory-exclusive (this one's a given), with a low chance of finding one
- Base accuracy of 10%. Can be upgraded with Basic Firearms Training and Rifle Training (no Adv. Rifle Training for balance purposes).
- Takes up 5 or 6 inventory slots due to its size.
- Fires 3 shots at a time, with each shot doing 4 damage. Damage and accuracy for each shot is calculated independently, one at a time.
- Clip holds 15 rounds (but due to it firing 3 round bursts, you can only fire 5 times)
- Reloading takes 2 AP (complex reloading procedure)
- No shooting into adjacent squares.
- Want to hit a zombie in the square next to you? Walk to said square and shoot him.
The main issue I see is the damage/AP (4.71/AP with Rifle Training, compared to 2.36/AP for the Pistol and 2.75/AP for the Shotgun with Pistol/Shotgun Training). I figure the rarity of ammunition and the amount of inventory slots it takes might balance it though.
Still, if necessary, the damage could be cut to 3/shot, resulting in 3.54 damage/AP.